Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skj
I've stayed here maybe a dozen times over the years, including 2 times earlier this year. I've never had a meal comped or a voucher offered, other than the Diamond/Glob breakfast. I'll be here for a night next month, and to be honest, I wouldn't eat dinner here even it was free. There's just too many great options in San Francisco.
Thanks for the reply. I might not have time to use any such voucher anyway and, as you said, there are a lot of other great dining options. I was just curious if this was a common thing at this hotel or at the Centric brand. I've logged well north of 1,000 nights at Hyatt but this will be my first stay at a Centric.

To answer your question about views, there are pool/courtyard view rooms where you're generally looking at the opposite wall of rooms, or street view, which aren't particularly interesting either. It's a low rise property, unlike the GH and the HR ...
Thanks. From the pictures of the hotel exterior, it didn't seem like there could be great views, but the room pictures for this place at Hyatt.com give the opposite impression.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:16 am

Sf centric

Avoid rooms facing from of hotel at all cost. We Got upgraded as globalist. Room horribly noisy at all hours of day & night. We are use to city noises being from Manhattan but at centric worst ever
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Avoid rooms facing from of hotel at all cost. We Got upgraded as globalist. Room horribly noisy at all hours of day & night. We are use to city noises being from Manhattan but at centric worst ever
Are these what they call the "city view" or the "North Point" view? Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Are these what they call the "city view" or the "North Point" view? Thanks.
I would assume that's "North Point" which faces North Point St. Not sure "city view" is any better, as that likely includes rooms facing Bay St., which is busier.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just spent a 3 day weekend here using certificates and points. I have no real status (I'm a "discoverist" I think), but still had a pretty good stay. 2 double bed room was comfortable and roomy enough for 4 people, the whole property had a fresh, clean feel to it. Our room faced east and did not have any noise issues, either from the street or inside the hotel. It's a 5-story building a few blocks inland, so I doubt any direction has a particularly unique view. Ours was of a street, from the 3rd floor.

Had a late-night dinner upon arrival at the hotel restaurant. It was pretty standard pub grub. It's adequate for what it is. We did not eat breakfast there.

You can walk from this hotel to 100+ restaurants of all cuisine types, prices, and degree of "touristyness".

Only (minor) complaint is that none of the staff in this hotel had any idea how to use public transportation. The "concierge" is not a true concierge - she's just a contractor there selling tickets to things. No one knew where to catch a streetcar or bus or how to get to a Bart station. We eventually figured it out in an app, but still...that seems like a really basic question the front desk should be able to handle. (It turns out there is a fairly prominent streetcar line 2 blocks from the hotel.) Of course there's Uber/Lyft everywhere as well...maybe that's why people don't ask about streetcars anymore.

Overall, a good stay. I'd go back again, especially with the Cat 4 certificates.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:28 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Is it just me ?
I've tried booking this hotel a number of times on points over the past year and found no availability and ended up at other SF hotels including SPG/Marriott/InterCon & the Grand Hyatt
Anyone else finding a major shortage of standard rooms for point availability ?
Curios to hear some more data points
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Is it just me ?
I've tried booking this hotel a number of times on points over the past year and found no availability and ended up at other SF hotels including SPG/Marriott/InterCon & the Grand Hyatt
I didn't attempt other dates than the ones I wanted, but I was able to use the credit card certificates as well as points to get rooms for a Thursday-Sunday 3-night stay. Booked about 6 weeks in advance.

It could be that it's an attractive destination for points, given that it's a lower category than the other SF Hyatts and a better value for points in general than most of the Marriott or Hilton choices in the city. Room rates in the area often make it a solid 2+ cents per point redemption.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Is it just me ?
I didn't have any issues. San Francisco has a few massive conferences that pretty literally sell out every single hotel room. So if you happened to search overlapping with those, you're going to be generally out of luck.
I also think that this hotel represents a spectacular value, so it's also likely that more people than typical are looking for award space at this hotel.
pinniped likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:43 am

Quick data point. Arrived yesterday and received 2 small chocolates and a bottle of water at check-in as an Explorist. Was assigned a courtyard view king on the 4th floor (out of 5) so I don't think I got any kind of an upgrade, or even "best available" room. There is apparently a $20 destination fee which wasn't mentioned at check in, but apparently paid for the liter-sized bottle of water waiting for me in my room.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...sfofw/policies
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:03 am
Suspended

Not a big fan of destination fees, but this one is disclosed right at the top of the page when booking a room at this hotel. This property, and a bunch of other Hyatts in the area, are sold out today, which might explain the lack of upgrades, although I've seen several people suggest that a high floor with interior view is actually the best option at this place due to noise issues.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by jameswes
I didn't have any issues. San Francisco has a few massive conferences that pretty literally sell out every single hotel room. So if you happened to search overlapping with those, you're going to be generally out of luck.
I also think that this hotel represents a spectacular value, so it's also likely that more people than typical are looking for award space at this hotel.
Appreciate the feedback.For whatever the reason I haven't seen the hotel available for a number of of dates in recent past.I will look at some random searches to see if it is just likely that as you suggest
I was satisfied with my past stay and the restaurant at breakfast quite good
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Not a big fan of destination fees, but this one is disclosed right at the top of the page when booking a room at this hotel. This property, and a bunch of other Hyatts in the area, are sold out today, which might explain the lack of upgrades, although I've seen several people suggest that a high floor with interior view is actually the best option at this place due to noise issues.
Good to know I received an interior view thankfully ^
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In case anyone in SF is in need of a few nights for status without leaving the city, I just did a night here. $104 rate (advance purchase, but by the time I checked in the member rate had dropped to that). Waived destination fee as globalist, of course. $120 or so after taxes. Breakfast was not earth-shattering, but pretty good.

There are two room types designated as suites, and one is "premium", so as globalist you can get any room type other than that one. They are not really suites anyway -- just slightly bigger rooms. I ended up in the deluxe King which was fine (the standard suites were not available)

Overall I paid $120 for breakfast for 2 and the night I'll need for globalist. Given the cost of eating out in SF this is not a bad deal (breakfast tab was about $50. While this is "overpriced" by national standards, it's more or less in line with SF standard prices). I'm happy with it.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
In case anyone in SF is in need of a few nights for status without leaving the city, I just did a night here. $104 rate (advance purchase, but by the time I checked in the member rate had dropped to that). Waived destination fee as globalist, of course. $120 or so after taxes. Breakfast was not earth-shattering, but pretty good.
If you parked, did you get the parking fee waived? I'm a Globalist and understand the $59 parking is waived on award stays but the cash rate is so low right now that I would rather book a cash rate if parking is waived.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ewrp12
If you parked, did you get the parking fee waived? I'm a Globalist and understand the $59 parking is waived on award stays but the cash rate is so low right now that I would rather book a cash rate if parking is waived.
I stopped driving about 1-2 months after I moved to SF. Best decision I ever made. So, sorry, I don't know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.