Wiki Posts
Search

HR Kyoto

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2007, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Gold Passport, SPG
HR Kyoto

I am booked into the HR Kyoto next year, but they could not give me a Regency Suite and so instead we have had to book 2 rooms. Our booking is VERY far in advance (as I wanted to make sure we got a suite upgrade for our 4 nights @ the PH Tokyo) so I was a little put out that all the inventory would be sold so far out. Another problem was that they said max in room was 3 and there will be 4 of us including our 4 y o and SIL.

Does this seem right? The site specifically mentions this room type as being able to accommodate families wishing to share, and the bedding configuration is two double and two twin beds. Hard to imagine why you'd restrict the occupancy to 3 with that bedding configuration.

Has anyone stayed there in a Regency Suite? Any idea of the room rate one could expect to pay?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:40 am
Community Director Emerita

Hi keiko -

This sounds like a frustrating situation for you. I've stayed at this hotel, and enjoyed it very much. The room I was in only had space for 2.

I see that the Regency Suite provides the bedding that you reference. Is the problem that you are booking a lesser room, thus can only book it for the number of people that is permitted in that room?

I chose an arbitrary date in December to look at prices:

22000 JPY - king room
120500 JPY - suite
Old Jun 21, 2007, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Gold Passport, SPG
I am looking to just book the room - not to get a discounted rate or any kind of upgrade - just to book it so we will all be in the one room. My daughter can get very upset sometimes and as it will be our first two nights in Japan I would prefer that she were not in a room with her Aunt instead of with us.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 6:53 am

May I ask how you are making the reservation? I mean, is it through hyatt.com, a travel agent, or directly with the hotel?

I'm also a big fan of this hotel and am quite sure they would try hard to satisfy you, if at all possible. One special point about this property is that they have very few suites, so depending on your dates, it is entirely possible that they do not have availability even many months in advance.

If you have not contacted the hotel directly, I might suggest that route.

Good luck!
Old Jun 24, 2007, 9:19 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Originally Posted by keiko
Does this seem right? The site specifically mentions this room type as being able to accommodate families wishing to share, and the bedding configuration is two double and two twin beds. Hard to imagine why you'd restrict the occupancy to 3 with that bedding configuration.
Reserve a room directly to the hotel. If you could not get a Regency Suite, ask for a DX, DX Corner or DX Balcony with an extra bed for your aunt.
If you need any more help, give me a PM in Japanese.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agree with the above posters: don't give up without at least contacting the hotel directly.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
It might be a tight fit, but even a DX Twin should be able to do four people. The DX Twin rooms are set up with two "twin" - really more like double or even queen - sized beds and a pull-out sofa bed. There is also room for a rollaway.

I've done three people - the two beds and a rollaway - and using the sofabed as well, there ought to be room for four.

I'd definitely advise that you call the hotel and inquire directly. The staff there is wonderful, and I imagine they would be willing to work something out for you. If you can speak Japanese, it will help, as although their English is good, it is often easier to communicate more complicated issues in Japanese.

In any case, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay there - it is an outstanding hotel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.