Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Check your Hyatt Extras May 9, 2007 email!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2007, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most

Welcome holtju2 GOLD PASSPORT # GxxxxxxxxP MEMBERSHIP: Diamond

Join Hyatt Gold Passport® and earn a free night after your second stay. Learn more about becoming a Hyatt Gold Passport® member.

This email came this afternoon that at the same time did show my status correctly and welcomed me to join Hyatt GP and to earn a free night after two stays.

Obviously I made a quick phone call to Hyatt GP Diamond line who was as perplexed as I why I had received this email that encouraged Diamond member to join GP. Promotion was honored, however.

At the end of the call we were joking that their phone lines must be hot tomorrow when other GP members who had received the same email are calling in.
Old May 9, 2007, 8:22 pm

So was the out come that you are going to get a free night after you make two stays even if you are already a member? If so how long do you have to use the free night?

Thanks
Old May 10, 2007, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bbbb
So was the out come that you are going to get a free night after you make two stays even if you are already a member? If so how long do you have to use the free night?
They did sign me up because I had received the email. I don't remember by when you had to make the two stays because I have more than two stays this month alone. I will use the "free" night sometime in June/July.
Old May 10, 2007, 8:19 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I'm Platinum & I got this email, but ignored as an error the part emphasized by Holtju2.
Hmm, maybe...
Old May 11, 2007, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
I also received the same email on May 9. I just called the Diamond line, told them I realize this is a mistake, but is there any chance they would honor this for me. After putting me on hold for a few minutes, the agent came back and said, "Since we sent you that email, we have to honor it"
Old May 11, 2007, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richee
I also received the same email on May 9. I just called the Diamond line, told them I realize this is a mistake, but is there any chance they would honor this for me. After putting me on hold for a few minutes, the agent came back and said, "Since we sent you that email, we have to honor it"
Like I had on my post above I am sure that they must have sent quite a few of these emails. As always the Hyatt CS is great.
Old May 11, 2007, 2:54 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
And I'm actually on that promotion as a new member that joined Hyatt GP last month.
Old May 11, 2007, 4:27 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by holtju2
Like I had on my post above I am sure that they must have sent quite a few of these emails. As always the Hyatt CS is great.
Not to me
Old May 11, 2007, 6:02 pm
Community Director Emerita

Top of Hyatt Extras May 9, 2007 email, exactly as OP reported:

Welcome SanDiego1K GOLD PASSPORT # G000xxxxxx MEMBERSHIP: Diamond
Join Hyatt Gold Passport® and earn a free night after your second stay. Learn more about becoming a Hyatt Gold Passport® member.

Since I'm already a diamond, I wouldn't have thought that invitation to join was meant for me. After all, I can't join - I've already joined. Has anyone besides the OP and richee called for the promo, and had Hyatt refuse to honor it?
Old May 12, 2007, 12:51 am

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Since I'm already a diamond, I wouldn't have thought that invitation to join was meant for me. After all, I can't join - I've already joined.
Same here. Hyatt refused to honor it.
Old May 13, 2007, 6:32 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Received this same email. Couldn't imagine that it was anything but a mistake or just not as targetted as it should be, as this promo is on their website. Though, I would wonder how a non member would be receiving Hyatt emails, so some disconnect here. Also, could not see passing up DIA bene's on two stays for a free night, given the rates that are out there now. 2-4-1's are not as lucrative as they once were.
Old May 13, 2007, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by rbAA
Also, could not see passing up DIA bene's on two stays for a free night, given the rates that are out there now. 2-4-1's are not as lucrative as they once were.
Why would diamond benefits be passed up? For the current members for whom they're kind enough to honor the mistaken promotion email, we're getting a free night after our next 2 stays..... you still get all your usual points, bonuses. and benefits.

And besides the benefits of elite levels, I thought the main point of participating in loyalty programs was to earn free nights? It rarely gets any better than 1 free night after 2 stays. With high rates, it may not be worth it to make "unncessary" stays just to earn a free night. However, if you're going to making stays anyways, it's a no-brainer.
Old May 13, 2007, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I can't remember if I got it, but I'm certain my husband did and he's platinum.

I haven't tried calling, but I will tomorrow. I also probably received and deleted it.
Old May 22, 2007, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bbbb
If so how long do you have to use the free night?
This just posted to my account:

Awards
Earned: 1
Redeemed: 0
Available: 1
Expiration:
31 Oct 2007
Call to Redeem:
1-800-228-3360
Old May 22, 2007, 9:49 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
IMHO, Hyatt's been good to me in the past, I think this was just a mistake in the way it was sent out and I'll choose to let this one slide by... now about my upgrade at the PH Sydney in July

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.