Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place - The horror of their service [MERGED]

Old May 6, 07, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
Hyatt Place is not at my service

I was just hung up on by a ???? Service Agent from Hyatt Place reservations when I started asking about a promo. Whats up with that?
Old May 8, 07, 10:43 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Ag, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Spire, Hyatt Glob, Shangri-La
Maybe an accident?
Old May 8, 07, 5:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG LTP (Nobody), MarriotLTPE (Nobody), HH Gold (My new go to)

Until Hyatt merges customer service ops with HP/Amerisuites I am done with HP. Something that takes 30 seconds with Gold passport takes 30 min w/HP. I called to request a missing stay credit (3 weeks after stay), have to be transferred to HP.....arrrgh. There not even a hint of status recognition on the phone or at the hotel. Hyatt is spending money upgrading the properties. I'm sure retraining costs far less and would result in a far better result for Hyatt and much happier guests. Also, what's with the HP's charging as much or more than a full blown Hyatt?

Last edited by AZTraveler; May 8, 07 at 5:59 pm
Old May 8, 07, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist ex-Diamond; Marriott Platinum Life; Hilton, AA, United ex-status
Hyatt Place Missing Stay Credit

E-mail a copy of the folio to GP Concierge, just like regular Hyatt. Wait about a month, just like regular Hyatt. They fix it, just like regular HYatt. Not really fast, but low stress.
Old May 12, 07, 11:18 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I have not stayed with Amerisuites before but had some colleagues that did since it offered very low rates of 300-400$ per week. Amerisuites were lower end extended stay properties, lower in the pecking order than Hamption Inn, HIX, 4pts, etc. Customer service is definitely not to Hyatt standard and need a lot of improvement.

I think the reason some of the Amerisuites are expensive since since they wanted to recoup the renovation costs as quickly as possible since a lot of them are franchises I think.

Last edited by Snoopyo; May 14, 07 at 6:10 pm
Old May 16, 07, 10:15 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by AZTraveler View Post
Also, what's with the HP's charging as much or more than a full blown Hyatt?
I agree. I've been wanting to check out Hyatt Place properties, and most of the ones I've checked are outside of my destination a bit, but an easy drive. But at every Hyatt Place, I've looked at, the rate is virtually the same as a full Hyatt. I thought Hyatt Place was supposed to be marketed towards the traveler who wants to save a bit.
Old May 20, 07, 12:25 am

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Snoopyo View Post
I have not stayed with Amerisuites before but had some colleagues that did since it offered very low rates of 300-400$ per week. Amerisuites were lower end extended stay properties, lower in the pecking order than Hamption Inn, HIX, 4pts, etc.
I disagree that Amerisuites were LOWER end extended stay. They were a MID level extended stay/family stay option, similar to Homewood Suites. You obviously have never had the pleasure of staying at a LOW end extended stay property. They can be really fun with police sirens in the middle of the night!
Old May 23, 07, 10:58 am

Programs: AA - Plat, SPG - Plat, Hyatt - Diamond, Marriott - Silver, Avis - First
GP Account not on reservation

Checked in to my first HP last night, and discovered during the check-in process that my GP number wasn't attached to the reservation. The thing is, I made the reservation online after logging in with my GP account. I also didn't get the bed type reserved (king bed). Isn't there some sort of bed guarantee for Diamond members? Not a good start.
Old May 29, 07, 3:23 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, WoH 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
On the one hand, I am very pleased to have properties in the fold that *can* require fewer dollars or points per night. Looong time in coming at Hyatt. On the other hand, they definitely have a long way to go before they reach the seamlessness of the Hilton "family" in re to the right hand even knowing what the left hand is doing among the brands -- especially re reservations, and the GP program. And ever tried calling on a SunDAY to book an award stay?

Search this Thread