FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Place - The horror of their service [MERGED] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/691099-hyatt-place-horror-their-service-merged.html)

nub2travel May 6, 2007 2:36 pm

Hyatt Place is not at my service

I was just hung up on by a ???? Service Agent from Hyatt Place reservations when I started asking about a promo. Whats up with that?:confused:

mecabq May 8, 2007 9:43 am

Maybe an accident?

AZTraveler May 8, 2007 4:26 pm

Hyatt Place - The horror of their service [MERGED]

:td: :td: :td: Until Hyatt merges customer service ops with HP/Amerisuites I am done with HP. Something that takes 30 seconds with Gold passport takes 30 min w/HP. I called to request a missing stay credit (3 weeks after stay), have to be transferred to HP.....arrrgh. There not even a hint of status recognition on the phone or at the hotel. Hyatt is spending money upgrading the properties. I'm sure retraining costs far less and would result in a far better result for Hyatt and much happier guests. Also, what's with the HP's charging as much or more than a full blown Hyatt?:td: :td: :td:

jayer May 8, 2007 5:48 pm

Hyatt Place Missing Stay Credit

E-mail a copy of the folio to GP Concierge, just like regular Hyatt. Wait about a month, just like regular Hyatt. They fix it, just like regular HYatt. Not really fast, but low stress.

Snoopyo May 12, 2007 10:18 pm

I have not stayed with Amerisuites before but had some colleagues that did since it offered very low rates of 300-400$ per week. Amerisuites were lower end extended stay properties, lower in the pecking order than Hamption Inn, HIX, 4pts, etc. Customer service is definitely not to Hyatt standard and need a lot of improvement.

I think the reason some of the Amerisuites are expensive since since they wanted to recoup the renovation costs as quickly as possible since a lot of them are franchises I think.

thc May 16, 2007 9:15 am

Originally Posted by AZTraveler (Post 7709047)
:td: :td: :td: Also, what's with the HP's charging as much or more than a full blown Hyatt?:td: :td: :td:

I agree. I've been wanting to check out Hyatt Place properties, and most of the ones I've checked are outside of my destination a bit, but an easy drive. But at every Hyatt Place, I've looked at, the rate is virtually the same as a full Hyatt. I thought Hyatt Place was supposed to be marketed towards the traveler who wants to save a bit.

formeraa May 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Snoopyo (Post 7727970)
I have not stayed with Amerisuites before but had some colleagues that did since it offered very low rates of 300-400$ per week. Amerisuites were lower end extended stay properties, lower in the pecking order than Hamption Inn, HIX, 4pts, etc.

I disagree that Amerisuites were LOWER end extended stay. They were a MID level extended stay/family stay option, similar to Homewood Suites. You obviously have never had the pleasure of staying at a LOW end extended stay property. They can be really fun with police sirens in the middle of the night! :eek:

awc825 May 23, 2007 9:58 am

GP Account not on reservation

Checked in to my first HP last night, and discovered during the check-in process that my GP number wasn't attached to the reservation. The thing is, I made the reservation online after logging in with my GP account. I also didn't get the bed type reserved (king bed). Isn't there some sort of bed guarantee for Diamond members? Not a good start.

Firewind May 29, 2007 2:23 am

On the one hand, I am very pleased to have properties in the fold that *can* require fewer dollars or points per night. Looong time in coming at Hyatt. On the other hand, they definitely have a long way to go before they reach the seamlessness of the Hilton "family" in re to the right hand even knowing what the left hand is doing among the brands -- especially re reservations, and the GP program. And ever tried calling on a SunDAY to book an award stay?