Hyatt Place Austin

Old Apr 30, 07, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down Hyatt Place Austin

Called this hotel and they told me they were finish refurb. Booked two nights 4/27/07 and when i arrived this Hyatt was far from being finished. Front door area smelled badly of cat pee. No in house food. Far from done. They might be done in December but wait awhile. Might be even better if they replaced the staff also.
Old Jul 26, 07, 5:04 pm

Programs: CO Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Priority Club Gold
Has anyone stayed here since April that has an update on the refurb? I have a reservation next week for the 5000 point first stay at a HP promotion.

TIA
Old Jul 31, 07, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by drnp View Post
Has anyone stayed here since April that has an update on the refurb? I have a reservation next week for the 5000 point first stay at a HP promotion.

TIA
I stayed there 7/9 to 7/13. That week they were redoing a part of the front lobby, but it looked like they were just about finished by Friday when I left. Re: the bar, I wanted a glass of wine but they said they didn't have their license yet. Other than that, everything seemed to be pretty much in order. My room was in good shape.......and the wireless internet access worked in my room. Continental breakfast was served along with other food options.

Last edited by cmh flyer; Jul 31, 07 at 9:51 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 3, 07, 7:49 pm

Just finished my one night stay at the HP Austin. It is located at intersection of 183 and 35.
Although its obvious it is still undergoing refurb (minor work still being done in lobby), it looks to be mostly complete.
At check-in: lobby is nice with very modern looking furniture. All staff that passed me by greeted me with a smile. There are numerous apples in the lobby for customers to take. There are 2 check in kiosk next to main entrance. I went to counter where I was checked-in by a polite lady and had my room key within 2 minutes.
Room: I received room #319. The door opens into a very nice sized living space with a corner couch, desk, and mini-fridge. Bed was on opposite end of the room. The TV was a nice 42" flat screen that swiveled so it could be viewed easily from the couch or the bed. All the furniture seemed new, but the carpet seemed a bit old. The bathroom was very small. The closet was probably one of the smallest I've seen in a hotel. Still large enough for my purposes, but just odd. It looks like the space used for the living area took some space from the bathroom. The shower did not look like it was brand new like the rest of the furniture and fixtures. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Wireless access was fine. A/C worked well.

Food: Continental breakfast in morning was free. It consisted of fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast, and cereal. There is a bakery and hot breakfast available for a fee.

Staff: Every member of the staff greeted me with a hello and a smile when I passed by them.

Overall, it was a good stay and I will probably stay there again when in Austin.

drnp
Old Aug 7, 07, 7:30 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Four hotel higher levels - Will fly for DEQMs - DL RWT alum
Note the difference:
Hyatt Place / Amerisuites Austin vs.
Hyatt Place / Amerisuites Austin Arboreteum.
Old Feb 13, 10, 7:42 pm
Community Director

Originally Posted by flyzabit View Post
Note the difference:
Hyatt Place / Amerisuites Austin vs.
Hyatt Place / Amerisuites Austin Arboreteum.
Is there any material difference in the properties? Arboreteum is further north of town, is roughly $10 more on the night I am considering, and has a G2 bonus.

Do the properties have microwave ovens? A refrigerator?
Old Feb 13, 10, 9:04 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
All Hyatt Places have mini fridges as part of the brand standard. I do not recall any of the ones I have stayed in having personal microwaves in the room.
Old Feb 14, 10, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05 View Post
All Hyatt Places have mini fridges as part of the brand standard. I do not recall any of the ones I have stayed in having personal microwaves in the room.
LOL.. I dont recall one never having a microwave
Old Feb 14, 10, 7:59 am

The area around Arboretum is much nicer with a lot more choices for dinning and shopping.
Old Feb 14, 10, 2:01 pm

The rooms are pretty much the same at both. The Arboretum is in a nicer area, the one on I-35 is closer to downtown. There wasnt a microwave in them the last time I stayed there in mid 2009
Old Feb 14, 10, 2:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by docr775 View Post
The area around Arboretum is much nicer with a lot more choices for dinning and shopping.
I agree. I've stayed at both, several times. In the hotel, you can't tell one from the other. (No microwaves.) The Arboretum area is nicer, with more nearby options.

Location-wise, they're a short distance apart, so not much of a difference on that front.
Old Feb 14, 10, 3:40 pm

Is there any material difference in the properties? Arboreteum is further north of town, is roughly $10 more on the night I am considering, and has a G2 bonus.

Are you coming for the Austin Mega DO?

If you want a Hyatt with a microwave, consider the Summerfield Suites. It is also in the Arboretum area. I went there for a MR recently and it was a decent property with very well-appointed kitchenette.
Old Feb 14, 10, 3:44 pm
Community Director

Originally Posted by DealDetective View Post
Are you coming for the Austin Mega DO?
Yes, at the Sheraton first night, and then hoping to hotel hop and find a refrigerator for my excess bbq. I waited too long to book. SS is sold out for that Sat night.
Old Feb 14, 10, 4:04 pm

Yes, at the Sheraton first night, and then hoping to hotel hop and find a refrigerator for my excess bbq. I waited too long to book. SS is sold out for that Sat night.
Hope to meet you then. I thought the Sheraton was offering to provide refrigeration for the BBQ.
Old Feb 14, 10, 4:05 pm
Community Director

Originally Posted by DealDetective View Post
I thought the Sheraton was offering to provide refrigeration for the BBQ.
It is - but as a typical FTer, I want to maximize stay credits.

Search this Thread