Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

3,000 pts for next 3 stays @ HP/HSS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3,000 pts for next 3 stays @ HP/HSS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2007, 4:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Sterling - Hey Zipper.. any chance of $47

I'd love to see that $47 sterling rate come back; for these bonuses, it would be amazing...

as for bonus postings; I find the whole thing a mess including stay credits.. but I would just fight for stay credit and at the end worry about the bonus.. just call if its an issue for you; they say they are swamped.. maybe they are but in lieu of having a system that works.. that is the fall out.. i'd call them
Old Mar 16, 2007, 5:46 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
they say they are swamped.. maybe they are but in lieu of having a system that works.. that is the fall out.. i'd call them
That's why I've actually been on hold for Diamond CS - I thought that was very odd - never happened before.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 11:39 am

When was the $47 Sterling rate?
Old Mar 16, 2007, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by marlin
When was the $47 Sterling rate?
I had it twice, once at the end of Feb and the first weekend of March
Old Mar 16, 2007, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
As I posted earlier, I was at the HP Sterling a few days ago. While checking out, I asked the desk agent what the weekend rate was. He told me that the AAA rate is $55. I made a weekend reservation right on the spot. Good luck!
Old Mar 16, 2007, 3:55 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I'll have to check tonight when I check in... I did send an e-mail to the GM inquiring about this... seems that their "best available" is at or below the AAA rate on many of the upcoming weekends, so they don't offer it... Also I think there are some problems with the old Amerisuites res system and HP and SS being integrated. I called the hotel tonight, but they put me through to the HP res to make it... the property didnt want to talk to me... then the HP res agent had no clue what a G1 bonus was or how to put into the system... he had to transfer me to Gold Passport who just put a notation in my res, so I'm not expecting it...

Originally Posted by bostonbali
As I posted earlier, I was at the HP Sterling a few days ago. While checking out, I asked the desk agent what the weekend rate was. He told me that the AAA rate is $55. I made a weekend reservation right on the spot. Good luck!
Old Mar 17, 2007, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by thezipper
I'll have to check tonight when I check in... I did send an e-mail to the GM inquiring about this... seems that their "best available" is at or below the AAA rate on many of the upcoming weekends, so they don't offer it... Also I think there are some problems with the old Amerisuites res system and HP and SS being integrated. I called the hotel tonight, but they put me through to the HP res to make it... the property didnt want to talk to me... then the HP res agent had no clue what a G1 bonus was or how to put into the system... he had to transfer me to Gold Passport who just put a notation in my res, so I'm not expecting it...
I'm confused so are you saying that there is a better rate available than what is posted on HyattPlace: right now for next Friday I see a 69.00 rate as a BAR; there isn't any AAA rate listed even when I put AAA in the drop down? I don't see $69 as enticing enough to try for the bonus; but I would at $47 and maybe at $55
Old Mar 17, 2007, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Just another word of warning re: making sure G1 is on the reservation.

When mine was noted by the hotel the stay never posted. When I called CS I was told there was something miscoded on my reservation and that's why the stay didn't post.

Since that time I never spoke to the hotel about G1 and ever stay has posted automatically.

There's no doubt in my mind something between the HY and SS systems isn't meshing properly.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 7:44 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Actually... there is NO connection between the Hyatt system and HP/SS res system. if you look when you are making res for HP, the Url points to a different "company" ... I had problems making my res yesterday, when I checked in, I could see on the kiosk the words "Promo G1" were listed in the FF# field, nothiing in the promo field... it also looked like my GP# wasn't in the res either. I'm sure I'm gonna have to call on that one...

one good point was, I made the res ~3p, when I got to the hotel, the snow was coming down and I heard they were sold out... Told the Asst Mgr "Hey... you need an extra room? I'm not staying here..." HIs words were "Bless You!" needless to say I'll be using this contact to take care of my next few stays...

Originally Posted by Mary2e
There's no doubt in my mind something between the HY and SS systems isn't meshing properly.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by thezipper
Actually... there is NO connection between the Hyatt system and HP/SS res system. if you look when you are making res for HP, the Url points to a different "company" ... I had problems making my res yesterday, when I checked in, I could see on the kiosk the words "Promo G1" were listed in the FF# field, nothiing in the promo field... it also looked like my GP# wasn't in the res either. I'm sure I'm gonna have to call on that one...

one good point was, I made the res ~3p, when I got to the hotel, the snow was coming down and I heard they were sold out... Told the Asst Mgr "Hey... you need an extra room? I'm not staying here..." HIs words were "Bless You!" needless to say I'll be using this contact to take care of my next few stays...
there had to be more to the conversation after you said I'm not staying here...
So I'll be real curious if this stay posts.. this has stay not posted written all over it...
How will you get a receipt?
Old Mar 18, 2007, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I actually felt guilty "using" a room on Friday that I wasn't going to sleep in.

BUT, I risked life & limb to get to the hotel early in the day and there weren't any people lining up for rooms. I suspect they were later in the day as the weather got worse.

I was soooo glad I went before noon to check in. It was miserable out & I saw 2 spin outs before I even arrived.

The things we do for double stay credit
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Which property?

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Thanks, OP!

It's awfully tempting... there's a HP with a G4 bonus a mile from my parents' house. 9600 points plus four stay credits for under $200 all-in (I already have a Summerfield stay for work next week) over the next two weekends would put me at 14 stay credits for the year already thanks to the double-stay promo.

Nick,
I would love to know where this is...share the wealth, b/c if this is near my travels I will DEFINITELY do this!
Old Mar 19, 2007, 2:49 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
I just noticed that the Amerisuites in Flagstaff, AZ is not part of this promotion. I'll be there in May, but I guess no bonus will be coming my way. Oh well.

But on that note, I noticed that there's no Flagstaff listing on the future openings list for Hyatt Place. I guess this property won't be converted to Hyatt Place and will become part of another chain?
Old Mar 19, 2007, 4:03 pm

well i do know the room number i was assigned to... have my key card... and the Mgr's biz card... he'll be getting a call from me in the morning

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
there had to be more to the conversation after you said I'm not staying here...
So I'll be real curious if this stay posts.. this has stay not posted written all over it...
How will you get a receipt?
Old Mar 19, 2007, 6:35 pm
sil

Programs: hyatt gold passport platinum
SS Plesant Hill is the best in bay area.

I stayed in all 3 SS properties in bay area and I really like the ambiance SS in Plesant Hill. The properties is really nice and also walking distant to the restaurants and movie teather in the next complex.
I just spoke with Tami, and she is really nice and understanding.
She respond to my problem very quickly and in professional manner.
I really give my thumbs up for her assistant.
If anybody need to stay in bay area, I really recommended this property, it is only about 35 minutes from San Francisco.
I just completed my 13 stay in SS just to get diamond, even I just stayed near by my home to get credit for Hyatt GP. Now I have 26 stays credit in my account and will be diamond until Feb 2009.
I wish I know up to 9000 points offer sooner, so I can just check in to SS after March 15.
So everybody who need to get fast track to diamond, this is good time to stay in SS and get good bonus points offer as well. Good luck.

Last edited by sil; Mar 19, 2007 at 6:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.