How do Amerisuites Stays Count?

Old Mar 2, 07, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat/QF Lifetime Gold/Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Accor Plat, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
How do Amerisuites Stays Count?

Do AmeriSuites stays that have not been converted into Hyatt Place's count as regular Hyatt stats toward elite room and stay qualification?

Do you earn points just like a Hyatt?

For example, Hyatt has published a list of Hyatt Place properties that "count double" before 3/31. One of those is in Raleigh, but when you go to Hyatt.com it says it's not open:

Opening Apr 13, 2007
Hyatt Place Raleigh-North
1105 Navaho Drive
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA

What about stays at the end of March????

Last edited by nologic; Mar 2, 07 at 8:02 pm
Old Mar 2, 07, 9:36 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Book it thru hyattplace.com

Last edited by drjazz; Mar 2, 07 at 9:46 pm
Old Mar 2, 07, 9:42 pm

If its on the list it counts double even if its still Amerisuites. You might have to book it on the A/S website.
Old Mar 2, 07, 11:30 pm

Raleigh counts double.....already posted since last Saturday...
Old Mar 3, 07, 6:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
the ones that count, are still a crapshoot whether they post or not.. its worth it but to me this whole HP thing is such a hassle
Old Mar 3, 07, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat/QF Lifetime Gold/Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Accor Plat, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
the ones that count, are still a crapshoot whether they post or not.. its worth it but to me this whole HP thing is such a hassle
Just making a reservation is a hassle...you call Hyatt, then they transfer you to Amerisuites, then they treat you like a foreigner...then, maybe the points post?

Last edited by nologic; Mar 18, 07 at 11:03 pm
Old Mar 4, 07, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beach4444 View Post
Raleigh counts double.....already posted since last Saturday...
Does it matter if I make a reservation on Hyatt.com?

What is the difference between a Hyatt Summersfields Suites at the Charlotte Airport, which I can book online and is currently branded Hyatt and the AmeriSuites Charlotte Airport, which it looks like I have to go thru AmeriSuites to make a reservation (I think the same with Charlotte?).
Old Mar 4, 07, 10:54 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Plat/HY-Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/Gold for Life
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
I have to report that ALL of the 6 stays that I had at Summerfield Suites and Hyatt Place posted automatically from my stays in Feb.
Old Mar 4, 07, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by nologic View Post
Does it matter if I make a reservation on Hyatt.com?

What is the difference between a Hyatt Summersfields Suites at the Charlotte Airport, which I can book online and is currently branded Hyatt and the AmeriSuites Charlotte Airport, which it looks like I have to go thru AmeriSuites to make a reservation (I think the same with Charlotte?).
Again you can book on Hyatt.com,Amerisuites.com,Hyattplace.com,or Summerfield.com and get 2X credit as long as the hotel is on the list and you are registered for the promo. It also does not matter if the name on the hotel has been changed yet,you still get the credit.http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/.../locations.jsp
Old Mar 7, 07, 6:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Plat, Delta Plat
FWIW, I recently called GP CS about when a property's stays would count 2x. The answer I got was that as long the new signage was up (I was asking specifically about Hyatt Place properties near my city), that the stay would be in accordance with the promotion.

As an aside, does anyone else think that the Hyatt Place weekday rates are a bit high? $125-143 looks like the pricing of a FS property. At least the weekend rates are $69-$80.
Old Mar 7, 07, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by macj86 View Post
FWIW, I recently called GP CS about when a property's stays would count 2x. The answer I got was that as long the new signage was up (I was asking specifically about Hyatt Place properties near my city), that the stay would be in accordance with the promotion.

As an aside, does anyone else think that the Hyatt Place weekday rates are a bit high? $125-143 looks like the pricing of a FS property. At least the weekend rates are $69-$80.
Well I hope they don't try to take back my Diamond status because I have 8 stays this year at hotels with an Amerisuites sign on the building .
Old Mar 7, 07, 9:57 am

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
The agent you talked to did not know what they were talking about! The property has to be on the list.

Originally Posted by macj86 View Post

Old Mar 7, 07, 6:10 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM(slightly lite), HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
My experience has been that Amerisuites on the list post automatically about 1 week after the stay is completed.
Old Mar 18, 07, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

the Hyatt coporate rates don't seem to be the same codes as the Amerisuites rates. Should I just call and ask to be transferred to Amerisuites? I need to be in High Point, NC, next week. Greensboro is sold out, but the Raliegh properties are available. Do they both count twice? I think I'll stay at the airport the second tinme (definitely "on the list"). Where should I stay the first night (3/27)?

Search this Thread