FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Kyoto -- Reservations When Sold Out (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/662459-hyatt-kyoto-reservations-when-sold-out.html)

AlexS Feb 19, 2007 11:56 pm

Hyatt Kyoto -- Reservations When Sold Out

I stayed at the Hyatt in Kyoto last fall, and had a wonderful time. It was so great in fact, that I want to go back the end of March, but they're completely booked.

There must be something going on in Kyoto that week, because all the hotels in the area are completely booked. I managed to get one night at the Hyatt, but really would like to get the next night too. To make matters worse I really need two rooms.

Does anyone have any tips for making a reservation at a sold out property? Right now, I'm just checking the Hyatt website a couple times a day and hoping for something to open up. Is that pretty much all I can do?

Thanks,

Alex

Pickles Feb 20, 2007 3:04 am

If you're Diamond you can force them to reserve a room, but the rate is higher. It is called the Diamond Guaranteed Rate.

yyzgigi Feb 20, 2007 4:11 am

If you have some point that might also help. Rewards stays come out of a different inventory and are sometimes available when the hotel is sold out. I'm trying to the hotel out in mid March for three nights, so sounds like I won't be disappointed.

AlexS Feb 20, 2007 4:27 am

Unfortunately I'm not diamond, and don't have nearly enough points. I'll keep checking, and hopefully get lucky. I'm kicking myself for not making reservations sooner--I've been holding plane tickets since December!

yyzgigi we thought the hotel was really nice when we stayed there in October--the rooms were beautiful, and the service was excellent. But, if your dates in March overlap the ones I'm trying to get, you should definitely cancel :D

Alex

Tummy Feb 20, 2007 5:46 am

I'm assuming it's sold out due to the Sakura cherry blossom festival which I understand is quite spectacular there. I was contemplating going, but we decided to drive down to DC instead. :)

AlexS Feb 20, 2007 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Tummy (Post 7257988)
I'm assuming it's sold out due to the Sakura cherry blossom festival which I understand is quite spectacular there. I was contemplating going, but we decided to drive down to DC instead. :)

Sakura definitely has something to do with it, but some of my friends at work also thought that that week is the Japanese equivalent of spring break, and a lot of the schools are on vacation.

Pickles Feb 20, 2007 7:59 am

Originally Posted by AlexS (Post 7258002)
Sakura definitely has something to do with it, but some of my friends at work also thought that that week is the Japanese equivalent of spring break, and a lot of the schools are on vacation.

No, that's the first week in May. Late March is Sakura season. In reality, Kyoto is always crowded, for good reason, especially on weekends.