Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Sarasota REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Sarasota REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 5, 19, 3:30 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Any recent stays?
Old May 8, 19, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I was there in February. There were big problems with the elevators, only one of which was working. The hotel was packed for a jazz festival and the waits for the working elevator were VERY long.
Old May 12, 19, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
My second stay.

Good glob recognition, with free valet parking, late checkout and full breakfast, also extended to a second room in my name for my nephew, his wife and two small children.

Very positive interactions with guest facing staff (front desk, bellman, restaurant staff, valet parking)

Housekeeping a little disappointing (left one stuff on the floor first day, didnít follow through on making up room when requested (and granted) cleanup before my late checkout.

Room nice, bedding good, bathroom functional albeit outdated. Received minor upgrade to top floor balcony room (hotel was sold out for several days).

Pool is nice but available lounge chairs were scarce.

Breakfast quality was mixed. Fruit, eggs, rotating specialties were good. Smoked salmon, pastries, breads subpar.

Good use of free cat 4 night certificate. I think the Hyatt Coconut Point is now a Cat 5; that is a better all around hotel.
Old Jun 12, 19, 3:30 pm

We were here back in January and had a pleasant stay. One thing to note which was great for families....they had free fishing from their dock. We caught a number of fish, including two large fish. Staff worker was shocked at our catches. It made for a fun morning activity with the kids...and the price was right! We were leaving that afternoon, but saw signs by the elevator that the restaurant on-site will prepare any fresh catch you may have (for a fee), but certainly something to consider.

Overall the stay was pleasant for two nights. Certainly not as nice as the previous nights at Coconut Point, but it was a good spot to experience Sarasota, Siesta Key, etc.
Old Dec 6, 19, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'll be here for 3 nights and have upgraded using a TSU.

Does anyone have experience getting them to honor the breakfast for room service? We'll have our small dog with us and won't be able to take him into the restaurant. I've had other hotels allow us to use coupons/certificates for room service as an exception, and was wondering if anyone tried it here.
Old Dec 25, 19, 6:54 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, HHonors Gold, RC Rewards Gold, VIPorter
Stayed here for one night last week using an expiring Chase free night (cat 1-4) certificate. Was not charged the phony resort fee on my award stay. Property is older and on small side but perfectly well kept, clean and functional. Supposedly they are in the early planning phases of a room renovation per the front desk supervisor. I did appreciate that Currents Restaurant has a Vegan tofu scramble on the breakfast menu. Pharmacopia products in bathroom.

Ample free parking on street in front of property and public lot across the street. Street parking is a three three hour limit and enforced Monday-Saturday between 9am-8pm, so perfectly doable for an overnight stay but definitely read the signs. I suppose during spring break rush and when performances are underway at Van Wezel next door.

Would happily return if opportunity presented itself but if given the choice would choose Westin or RC over this for Sarasota.
Old Sep 21, 20, 6:20 pm

Any recent post-Covid reports here?
Old Dec 8, 20, 2:14 pm

Programs: united 1k, HH Diamond
Going for Christmas would like the answer also

Search this Thread
Search Engine: