Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Sarasota REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Sarasota REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 23, 17, 4:50 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The Hyatt looks like a 3 star convention hotel. The view looks ok but even the best suites are just meh.

The RC is a truly stunning property. They had a separate beach club with regular shuttles with several pools and sun loungers on the beach with food and beverage service.

I think we got a suite a the RC for USD $550 per night. Obviously if you're booking this fare out they probably have loaded RACK rates and no deals.
Old Apr 3, 17, 7:36 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LGLO
Had a fantastic 1 night stay last week. got upgraded in advance to a Suite. The double beds I had requested, plus an adjacent living room with balcony. was confirmed on the day before check-in, as I got a "reservation change" showing the 2 rooms.

Room on 9th floor, great service and staff, great breakfast. As a Globalist, I had no restrictions on the breakfast, so chose something from the menu. Poolside lunch was very good as well,
Free self-parking
Old Jun 14, 17, 8:15 am

Any recent reviews/experiences at this hotel. Taking my friends here for a 3 night stay and hoping for great time. Any insight on Globalist treatment or breakfast will help too. Thanks
Old Jun 15, 17, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by anubond005 View Post
Any recent reviews/experiences at this hotel. Taking my friends here for a 3 night stay and hoping for great time. Any insight on Globalist treatment or breakfast will help too. Thanks
Was there over mothers day weekend. Breakfast was decent (would have liked more fresh fruit options), location very good, honored free parking on Hyatt Credit Card night, service very nice.

Pet friendly, which resulted in me stepping in dog poo in the elevator. The upgrade was to a regular room, high floor, with a "view" that was a view of a parking lot. Requested a room with a real view, got a better view.

Pleasant stay overall, but could use a refresh as others have mentioned.
Old Oct 23, 17, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Meh is right

Just stayed there last week for a conference. I used one of my SNAs for a suite which was confirmed and got the usual two connected rooms with a view of the parking lot. The next afternoon I was reading in my room and heard somebody come into the connecting room, walk up to the connecting door and shut it in my face. I called the front desk and was told that the connecting room had been assigned to somebody else and that if I wanted a suite they would see if they could move me. I asked why I had to move and was told that they could "ask" the new inhabitants if they were "willing" to move. I guess Globalist status really is meaningless, glad I'm moving back to Starwood/Marriott.

After a moment to think I decided I needed to leave so I told them to cancel my reservation and off I went to the Westin. Lovely new hotel, no complaints, upgraded to a suite despite last minute reservation. Excellent breakfast.

I'm just glad that I was in the room when it happened. Otherwise I might be missing some stuff I suppose.

Room was dated but clean and reasonably well maintained. Water pressure was anemic, towels were thin and threadbare. Breakfast was terrible. I was allowed to order from the menu but my "ham and cheese" omelet was basically a bacon frittata and the potatoes were dead cold. I didn't bother complaining I just left. They said they would not charge me for the night I was there but the charge appeared on my credit card anyway. They also kept my SNA. Can't say I'm surprised in either case.

Last edited by Boghopper; Oct 23, 17 at 1:35 pm
Old Oct 23, 17, 9:14 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but thanks for posting.

If this had happened to me, I can guarantee that I would have hounded them until they deposited the Suite Upgrade award back into my account. Since I'd have to call or write them anyway, I'd also ask them to remove the charge that they said would be comped.
Originally Posted by Boghopper View Post
Just stayed there last week for a conference. I used one of my SNAs for a suite which was confirmed and got the usual two connected rooms with a view of the parking lot. The next afternoon I was reading in my room and heard somebody come into the connecting room, walk up to the connecting door and shut it in my face. I called the front desk and was told that the connecting room had been assigned to somebody else and that if I wanted a suite they would see if they could move me. I asked why I had to move and was told that they could "ask" the new inhabitants if they were "willing" to move. I guess Globalist status really is meaningless, glad I'm moving back to Starwood/Marriott.

After a moment to think I decided I needed to leave so I told them to cancel my reservation and off I went to the Westin. Lovely new hotel, no complaints, upgraded to a suite despite last minute reservation. Excellent breakfast.

I'm just glad that I was in the room when it happened. Otherwise I might be missing some stuff I suppose.

Room was dated but clean and reasonably well maintained. Water pressure was anemic, towels were thin and threadbare. Breakfast was terrible. I was allowed to order from the menu but my "ham and cheese" omelet was basically a bacon frittata and the potatoes were dead cold. I didn't bother complaining I just left. They said they would not charge me for the night I was there but the charge appeared on my credit card anyway. They also kept my SNA. Can't say I'm surprised in either case.
Old Oct 27, 17, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but thanks for posting.

If this had happened to me, I can guarantee that I would have hounded them until they deposited the Suite Upgrade award back into my account. Since I'd have to call or write them anyway, I'd also ask them to remove the charge that they said would be comped.
I'm not going to use the SNA, anyway. I won't be in the Hyatt program anymore, which was pretty much determined when they decided they didn't want "lite" elites like me (25 stays a year, no way in Hades I can make 60 nights given their footprint). Their top tier is good (except for the stupid name), the next tier down is basically worthless, or no better than the status you can get at other chains by owning a credit card.
Old Jun 28, 18, 11:45 am

Has anyone stayed recently? Looking for something from 2018 if at all possible.

Thinking of going for a few days at the end of December with 4 & 5 year old. Hit up Siesta Key for a day, bop over to Lido, maybe see some manatees, do some shelling and looking for sharks teeth. Looks to be a decent option, especially for only 12,000 WoH points.

We plan to then head down to Coconut in Bonita Springs for the second half of trip, use the lounge, day a day on Sanibel, and enjoy all the pools on property.

Thoughts? Recommendations?
Old Jun 28, 18, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Stay at Coconut point the whole time.
pilgrim likes this.
Old Jun 28, 18, 10:22 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
It depends on what youíre looking for. The Sarasota Hyatt is upscale, the Globalist breakfast is great, itís right on the water with free parking. It is a better couples retreat than a family friendly resort for kids. Thatís where Coconut Point comes in. They are both excellent but could hardly be more different.
Old Jul 6, 18, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan View Post
Stay at Coconut point the whole time.
Any guidance as to why? Bad experience? Clearly the Coconut Point hotel is more family oriented with the numerous pools, slides, etc., but I'm not certain a full week in Bonita Springs is what we are looking for.

Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
It depends on what youíre looking for. The Sarasota Hyatt is upscale, the Globalist breakfast is great, itís right on the water with free parking. It is a better couples retreat than a family friendly resort for kids. Thatís where Coconut Point comes in. They are both excellent but could hardly be more different.

Upscale? Most seem to state it needs a refresh and service is lacking... I am Explorist, so we would not get free breakfast.

We've got some family outside of Sarasota, so was planning to visit Siesta Key and other nearby spots during this portion of trip. We don't want to go north to Tampa or Clearwater, as those have a higher risk of being colder during Xmas/New Years.

Hyatt Sarasota seems like a suitable spot for the 12,000 points per night which is giving a pretty solid return value. Other point options are SPG Aloft or Westin. Other Marriott properties are a bit more inland, aside from Ritz-Carlton.
Old Jul 6, 18, 9:08 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dprocuk View Post
Other point options are SPG Aloft or Westin. Other Marriott properties are a bit more inland, aside from Ritz-Carlton.
The RC is superb. The hotel and the beach club are great.
Old Jul 7, 18, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by dprocuk View Post
Any guidance as to why? Bad experience? Clearly the Coconut Point hotel is more family oriented with the numerous pools, slides, etc., but I'm not certain a full week in Bonita Springs is what we are looking for.

Upscale? Most seem to state it needs a refresh and service is lacking... I am Explorist, so we would not get free breakfast.

We've got some family outside of Sarasota, so was planning to visit Siesta Key and other nearby spots during this portion of trip. We don't want to go north to Tampa or Clearwater, as those have a higher risk of being colder during Xmas/New Years.

Hyatt Sarasota seems like a suitable spot for the 12,000 points per night which is giving a pretty solid return value. Other point options are SPG Aloft or Westin. Other Marriott properties are a bit more inland, aside from Ritz-Carlton.
I agree with needing a refresh and so-so service. My review is above.

Coconut Point - great rooms, great views, great facilities, private beach, great lounge. Even though it's a family resort, I found it spacious enough to not be disturbed by fun loving youngsters. Staff in the lounge is awesome.

I like the Sarasota area, but I thought I'd try the Westin next time.
Old Jul 7, 18, 10:10 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I split my last Sarasota stay between the Westin and the Hyatt. The Westin was spanking new and felt fresh. I think my room there may have been smaller than the one at the Hyatt and less beach in feel. I think breakfast at the Westin was fine, and staff lovely. I did have trouble making cell phone calls thereóI was told that it was due to the materials used in construction.
Old Dec 20, 18, 5:01 pm

Any recent stays? Arriving after new years and hoping for positive experience!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: