Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Platinum Award certificate changes

Old Feb 8, 07, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

hyatt on its web site today indicated there are changes coming in the Platinum certificates that Platinum members get after every three stays.

Those certificates have been paper and mailed in the past and offered a choice of 1,000 points for dining, an upgraded room, or some sort of amenity.

this is on the web site. Anyone know anything?

Redeem Platinum Extra Certificates Online

Beginning in February 2007, you will receive a Platinum Extras Award Certificate notification via email after every third stay. You will then be able to choose from a selection of benefits on goldpassport.com. The more you stay, the richer your benefits become.
Old Feb 9, 07, 12:09 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by MrAOK View Post
hyatt on its web site today indicated there are changes coming in the Platinum certificates that Platinum members get after every three stays.

Those certificates have been paper and mailed in the past and offered a choice of 1,000 points for dining, an upgraded room, or some sort of amenity.

this is on the web site. Anyone know anything?

Redeem Platinum Extra Certificates Online

Beginning in February 2007, you will receive a Platinum Extras Award Certificate notification via email after every third stay. You will then be able to choose from a selection of benefits on goldpassport.com. The more you stay, the richer your benefits become.
Now if only Diamond's could get them.....
Old Feb 9, 07, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Now if only Diamond's could get them.....
But on the other hand, we get a choice of 1000 points without the dining requirement or an amenity plus (supposedly) an upgraded room with every stay ....
Old Feb 9, 07, 8:55 am

Programs: NWA-Silver; Hyatt-Plat; PriorityClub - Gold; HHonnors-Gold
How do you use them any way? Do you have to use it when you make your res or can you show up with one when you get to the property?
Old Feb 9, 07, 9:56 am
Original Poster

up to now you had three choices.

the upgrade you could do when you arrived, if available.

you could just go to a hyatt and have lunch and get 1,000 points (which is what i did). You didn't have to be a guest.

you could get an amenity --a cheese plate or some such--at a hyatt

the new listing seems to hint that the 1,000 point lunch choice has disappeared or that there will now be various choices depending on how close to diamond you are.

also hints that the double stay bonus for hyatt place could have greater meaning than first believed
Old Feb 10, 07, 1:43 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by richee View Post
But on the other hand, we get a choice of 1000 points without the dining requirement or an amenity plus (supposedly) an upgraded room with every stay ....
The operative word being (supposedly)!
Old Feb 11, 07, 10:43 am
In Memoriam

Are These Transferrable

I have one of these (paper) expiring in March, and may not be able to use it. Can I give it to someone? I think it says you can't but I don't see anything on it to prevent it.
Old Feb 11, 07, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by TravelWeary View Post
I have one of these (paper) expiring in March, and may not be able to use it. Can I give it to someone? I think it says you can't but I don't see anything on it to prevent it.
People sell them all day long on ebay.
Old Feb 14, 07, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
Enhancements to the Platinum Extras Award Benefit

I just received this email from Goldpassport. I checked the goldpassport website but did not find specific awards details.

---------------------------------------
DEAR XXX,

We are pleased to announce that Platinum Extras Awards have been enhanced to provide you with new award options and an easier way to redeem. Richer offerings will now be available the more you stay at Hyatt, such as bonus points, upgrades, in-hotel amenities and more. Platinum Extras Awards will include awards from all Hyatt properties, including the newest additions, Hyatt Place™ and Hyatt Summerfield Suites®.

You will continue to earn a Platinum Extras Award after every third Hyatt stay in a calendar year. You may also view any available awards directly from goldpassport.com by using the Platinum Extras Award link in the Awards section of the main navigation.

We hope you enjoy the new benefits of our Platinum Extras awards and look forward to seeing you at one of our distinctive Hyatt locations soon.

WITH APPRECIATION,

Amy Weyman
Vice President
Hyatt Gold Passport
Old Feb 14, 07, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Starwood Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
does anyone know what the enhanced awards are?
Old Feb 16, 07, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

i'm due for a certificate shortly. we will see. but I have this sneaking feeling that the "enhancement" means i can no longer get 1,000 points for having lunch at a hyatt.
Old Feb 18, 07, 11:10 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by bbbb View Post
People sell them all day long on ebay.
Well, thanks, but I did ask about GIVING this away, as I have no interest in selling it. I guess I am more interested in making sure that if I give it to someone, they will have no problem using it when they get to the front desk.
Old Feb 18, 07, 12:03 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by TravelWeary View Post
Well, thanks, but I did ask about GIVING this away, as I have no interest in selling it. I guess I am more interested in making sure that if I give it to someone, they will have no problem using it when they get to the front desk.
I have never given it to someone I wasn't traveling with but I was able to use them on travel companions' rooms on two occasions - once for an amenity and once for upgrade to club floor.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: