Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Platinum Award certificate changes

Platinum Award certificate changes

Old Feb 8, 07, 5:28 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Posts: 1,870
Platinum Award certificate changes

hyatt on its web site today indicated there are changes coming in the Platinum certificates that Platinum members get after every three stays.

Those certificates have been paper and mailed in the past and offered a choice of 1,000 points for dining, an upgraded room, or some sort of amenity.

this is on the web site. Anyone know anything?

Redeem Platinum Extra Certificates Online

Beginning in February 2007, you will receive a Platinum Extras Award Certificate notification via email after every third stay. You will then be able to choose from a selection of benefits on goldpassport.com. The more you stay, the richer your benefits become.
MrAOK is offline  
Old Feb 9, 07, 12:09 am
  #2  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Posts: 10,675
Originally Posted by MrAOK View Post
hyatt on its web site today indicated there are changes coming in the Platinum certificates that Platinum members get after every three stays.

Those certificates have been paper and mailed in the past and offered a choice of 1,000 points for dining, an upgraded room, or some sort of amenity.

this is on the web site. Anyone know anything?

Redeem Platinum Extra Certificates Online

Beginning in February 2007, you will receive a Platinum Extras Award Certificate notification via email after every third stay. You will then be able to choose from a selection of benefits on goldpassport.com. The more you stay, the richer your benefits become.
Now if only Diamond's could get them.....
Markie is offline  
Old Feb 9, 07, 8:39 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
Posts: 609
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Now if only Diamond's could get them.....
But on the other hand, we get a choice of 1000 points without the dining requirement or an amenity plus (supposedly) an upgraded room with every stay ....
richee is offline  
Old Feb 9, 07, 8:55 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Programs: NWA-Silver; Hyatt-Plat; PriorityClub - Gold; HHonnors-Gold
Posts: 85
How do you use them any way? Do you have to use it when you make your res or can you show up with one when you get to the property?
Manthis1 is offline  
Old Feb 9, 07, 9:56 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Posts: 1,870
up to now you had three choices.

the upgrade you could do when you arrived, if available.

you could just go to a hyatt and have lunch and get 1,000 points (which is what i did). You didn't have to be a guest.

you could get an amenity --a cheese plate or some such--at a hyatt

the new listing seems to hint that the 1,000 point lunch choice has disappeared or that there will now be various choices depending on how close to diamond you are.

also hints that the double stay bonus for hyatt place could have greater meaning than first believed
MrAOK is offline  
Old Feb 10, 07, 1:43 am
  #6  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Posts: 10,675
Originally Posted by richee View Post
But on the other hand, we get a choice of 1000 points without the dining requirement or an amenity plus (supposedly) an upgraded room with every stay ....
The operative word being (supposedly)!
Markie is offline  
Old Feb 11, 07, 10:43 am
  #7  
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: PVD
Posts: 1,560
Are These Transferrable

I have one of these (paper) expiring in March, and may not be able to use it. Can I give it to someone? I think it says you can't but I don't see anything on it to prevent it.
TravelWeary is offline  
Old Feb 11, 07, 11:51 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,851
Originally Posted by TravelWeary View Post
I have one of these (paper) expiring in March, and may not be able to use it. Can I give it to someone? I think it says you can't but I don't see anything on it to prevent it.
People sell them all day long on ebay.
bbbb is offline  
Old Feb 14, 07, 1:34 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
Posts: 211
Enhancements to the Platinum Extras Award Benefit

I just received this email from Goldpassport. I checked the goldpassport website but did not find specific awards details.

---------------------------------------
DEAR XXX,

We are pleased to announce that Platinum Extras Awards have been enhanced to provide you with new award options and an easier way to redeem. Richer offerings will now be available the more you stay at Hyatt, such as bonus points, upgrades, in-hotel amenities and more. Platinum Extras Awards will include awards from all Hyatt properties, including the newest additions, Hyatt Place™ and Hyatt Summerfield Suites®.

You will continue to earn a Platinum Extras Award after every third Hyatt stay in a calendar year. You may also view any available awards directly from goldpassport.com by using the Platinum Extras Award link in the Awards section of the main navigation.

We hope you enjoy the new benefits of our Platinum Extras awards and look forward to seeing you at one of our distinctive Hyatt locations soon.

WITH APPRECIATION,

Amy Weyman
Vice President
Hyatt Gold Passport
ORDLEO is offline  
Old Feb 14, 07, 1:55 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: LA, CA, USA
Programs: UA 1k, Starwood Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 126
does anyone know what the enhanced awards are?
ksotoodeh is offline  
Old Feb 16, 07, 12:00 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Posts: 1,870
i'm due for a certificate shortly. we will see. but I have this sneaking feeling that the "enhancement" means i can no longer get 1,000 points for having lunch at a hyatt.
MrAOK is offline  
Old Feb 18, 07, 11:10 am
  #12  
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: PVD
Posts: 1,560
Originally Posted by bbbb View Post
People sell them all day long on ebay.
Well, thanks, but I did ask about GIVING this away, as I have no interest in selling it. I guess I am more interested in making sure that if I give it to someone, they will have no problem using it when they get to the front desk.
TravelWeary is offline  
Old Feb 18, 07, 12:03 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SFO and OAK
Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Posts: 2,240
Originally Posted by TravelWeary View Post
Well, thanks, but I did ask about GIVING this away, as I have no interest in selling it. I guess I am more interested in making sure that if I give it to someone, they will have no problem using it when they get to the front desk.
I have never given it to someone I wasn't traveling with but I was able to use them on travel companions' rooms on two occasions - once for an amenity and once for upgrade to club floor.
Beerman92 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: