Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Kathmandu REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Kathmandu REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:16 pm

Any idea about howz the internet connection there ?? I am a IT Tech and would need high speed connection to provide some remote assistance to my clients on their servers..
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:13 am

Programs: HHonor Gold;Hyatt Diamond;SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Rubal
Any idea about howz the internet connection there ?? I am a IT Tech and would need high speed connection to provide some remote assistance to my clients on their servers..
Unsure about the internet speed in the room. But I used the PC in the lounge to browse some websites, and it was painfully slow.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:59 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Was thinking about visiting here and emailed the hotel to ask about costs for airport transfer and an airplane tour of Everest. I got this response, in case anyone is interested:
Further to the mail - The charges for airport transfers by shuttle van would be @ USD 6+24.3% Taxes per person per way and by private car would be @ USD 15+24.3% Taxes per car per way.

We do have the mountain flight to Everest everyday @ 6:30 & 7:30 am and the flight fare for the same is US$ 166 per person. The airport tax would be Nrs 170 which needs to be paid at the airport. The trip is on plane which will be with other 16 fellow traveller. The duration of the trip will be for one hour and no landing in between.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by thc
Was thinking about visiting here and emailed the hotel to ask about costs for airport transfer and an airplane tour of Everest. I got this response, in case anyone is interested:
Further to the mail - The charges for airport transfers by shuttle van would be @ USD 6+24.3% Taxes per person per way and by private car would be @ USD 15+24.3% Taxes per car per way.

We do have the mountain flight to Everest everyday @ 6:30 & 7:30 am and the flight fare for the same is US$ 166 per person. The airport tax would be Nrs 170 which needs to be paid at the airport. The trip is on plane which will be with other 16 fellow traveller. The duration of the trip will be for one hour and no landing in between.
Thanks for the great information about Flight to Everest everyday.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Everest flights

A few tips / warnings.

1) The morning flights are very very dependent on weather and cloud cover/fog. Many 630am flights are delayed and often cancelled and pax find themselves re-booked on the next days flight (if there is room).

2) Refunds can be a PITA and so better than you arrange through hotel directly (even for a fee/commission) to avoid having to negotiate refunds for cancelled flights.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Rubal
The internet seemed fast enough...it did support my t-mobile UMA connection.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by AAaLot
The internet seemed fast enough...it did support my t-mobile UMA connection.

Thats good to know.. So all of their rooms have Wifi?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:38 am

any recent reviews?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 1:03 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Also bumping for any recent reviews?
Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2010, 3:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I stayed 2 nights in May. The wifi internet worked well enough, though the signal was only faint near the pool .

The room I was in, on the 3rd(?) floor (a gold passport floor, if that means anything) had a nice view of the Boudhanath Stupa. The 25" TV was broken and they replaced with a 20" wreck that looked like it was pulled out of the kitchen break room. The bathroom was rather nice. Breakfast buffet was nice. Guests using the pool were mostly expats that paid for club access.

They gave me a complementary lift to the airport, which was nice.

Points stay, 5000, level 1, seemed like a good deal.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by 4aks
I stayed 2 nights in May. The wifi internet worked well enough, though the signal was only faint near the pool .

The room I was in, on the 3rd(?) floor (a gold passport floor, if that means anything) had a nice view of the Boudhanath Stupa. The 25" TV was broken and they replaced with a 20" wreck that looked like it was pulled out of the kitchen break room. The bathroom was rather nice. Breakfast buffet was nice. Guests using the pool were mostly expats that paid for club access.

They gave me a complementary lift to the airport, which was nice.

Points stay, 5000, level 1, seemed like a good deal.
Hey thanks so much for the recent update. I am weighing this Hyatt Kathmandu vs. the Crowne Plaza, with quite decent Trip Advisor reviews but horrible reviews here on FT. And open to staying somewhere in town as well.
Thanks again!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Hey thanks so much for the recent update. I am weighing this Hyatt Kathmandu vs. the Crowne Plaza, with quite decent Trip Advisor reviews but horrible reviews here on FT. And open to staying somewhere in town as well.
Thanks again!
I was quite happy with the Hyatt, regardless of the crap tv

My friends shelled out some $$ and stayed at the Dwarika's http://www.agoda.com/asia/nepal/kath...a_s_hotel.html

It was pretty amazing, 1.5-2 miles away from the Hyatt , about 45 mins walk, 15 min cab
Old Jan 1, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I can go either way also. Hyatt or Crown Plaza. Any and all comments on same please. Thanks.

Also. Would recommend therefore taking the 7:30 AM flight versus first one out? After taking the sight seeing flight will leave that same day on Thai back to BKK. Better to stay at airport versus heading back to Hyatt? Do the scenic flights go out of same airport as intl flights? Does Thai have a Lounge at airport?

Any and all additional comments appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:16 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Does Thai have a Lounge at airport?
Yes, TG does have its own lounge there.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.