Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Istanbul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Istanbul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2009, 2:27 am

I understand the closest metro stop is Osmanbey. Is that within easy walking distance to the hotel? Is it easy to find a taxi at that station to the hotel? (Earlier threads indicated widespread problems for taxi drivers to find this property. Hopefully this has improved.)
Old Dec 29, 2009, 7:33 am

Im getting very excited about my trip to IST in late sept and will definitely stay at the PH .
I really hope they have another FFN promo

we have 8 days booked in Turkey.
how many days should we stay in IST. I have been there for one day and loved it (on a ship)
we arent go everywhere see everything tourists we like to slowly walk and eat and relax and chill.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 7:42 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

We spent three nights at the PH IST over New Year's. Beautiful hotel, and great Diamond treatment! We had the Spa room, which is preferable to most "Junior suites" we've stayed in. The bathroom is unprecedented (glass tile heated floors throughout, steam room, rain shower, large soaking tub, special sink for filtered drinking water, etc). Tasteful decor, very stylish, lush furnishings great lighting; perfect for a romantic getaway.

Noise was a problem; we had a pool-facing room, and there was some construction outside, which woke us up early on weekdays, and the extremely loud music from the neighboring nightclub kept us up until 4am (we had a 7.45am departure, so this pretty much meant no sleep at all that night). The noise is outside the hotel's control, but it was very annoying, and I would not stay here again on a "party night" with an early departure.

The staff were polite, if not a bit disingenuous. The service at breakfast was a bit slow, we had to ask for the menu each day, and then it took a while for the food to come out. The buffet ran out of meats, and it took 1/2 hour until things started getting replaced. Breakfast food was ok, but a bit uninspired. We also had lunch in the lounge and room service. The menu is limited, prices are reasonable, and the food was ok (a bit bland). The chocolate-covered Turkish delight that comes with the coffee is a must!

Biggest issue for us was the location and transportation. Most cab drivers don't know the place (we were taken to the wrong Hyatt twice), and Istanbul traffic is awful. Some cab drivers couldn't read the hotel's directions (bad map? literacy?). It's possible to walk to the subway stop, even though the concierge recommends taking a cab.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by jpdx
Biggest issue for us was the location and transportation. Most cab drivers don't know the place (we were taken to the wrong Hyatt twice), and Istanbul traffic is awful. Some cab drivers couldn't read the hotel's directions (bad map? literacy?).
It's possible they act stupid so they can get more money off the tourists. I've been to Istanbul about 5 years ago and the taxi drivers were back then one of the biggest scammers, exchanging notes pretending I've given them far less than I actually have, giving wrong change, etc.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 6:54 am

Biggest issue for us was the location and transportation. Most cab drivers don't know the place (we were taken to the wrong Hyatt twice), and Istanbul traffic is awful. Some cab drivers couldn't read the hotel's directions (bad map? literacy?). It's possible to walk to the subway stop, even though the concierge recommends taking a cab.
The new Grand Hyatt (just rebranded from Hyatt Regency) is not as stylish but is much better located, a 5-minute walk from Taksim Square, which is a transportation hub with metro, funicular, and many many buses. From the Grand Hyatt to the Park Hyatt, it's a 10-15 minute walk, easy once you know the way (it involves a right turn from the main street around and behind the GH, a left fork, and another left turn up the narrow street where the PH is situated - the turns are not obvious for the first time).

By the way, I had googled and found walking directions between the two hotels a couple of months ago, but the directions online were wrong, due to road closure right in front of and to the left of the GH. This road closure is scheduled for many more months, so beware of online directions. Better to ask the GH staff directly if you want to walk; they can steer you to use the main road behind and around the hotel.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by crystak
It's possible they act stupid so they can get more money off the tourists. I've been to Istanbul about 5 years ago and the taxi drivers were back then one of the biggest scammers, exchanging notes pretending I've given them far less than I actually have, giving wrong change, etc.
It's possible, but unlikely, imo. The two trips to the "wrong" Hyatt originated at Taksim square, and probably resulted in an extra $2 fare, but due to the rush hour also added 15 minutes in traffic. Iow, a clever cab driver would have preferred to pick up another fare instead of taking the detour. I really think the problems are due to either the poor map, or lack of (map) reading skills.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 5:37 pm

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
It's possible, but unlikely, imo. The two trips to the "wrong" Hyatt originated at Taksim square, and probably resulted in an extra $2 fare, but due to the rush hour also added 15 minutes in traffic. Iow, a clever cab driver would have preferred to pick up another fare instead of taking the detour. I really think the problems are due to either the poor map, or lack of (map) reading skills.
Agreed. I had a private car and he couldn't find it as well. Actually, the best way to figure out where the PH IST is, would be to reference the restaurant across the street.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I am at the Park Hyatt rıght now and I agree wıth everythıng posıtıve saıd about thıs beautıful property
Just a couple of crıtıcısms though: I had booked a Dıamond Suıte upgrade whıch had been confırmed but was gıven a Deluxe Kıng
When I mentıonned the mıstake I was gıven a choıce between a Spa room or a Suıte and took the Spa room. The vıew was better et the bathroom as well
The Suıtes are nıce but nothıng exceptıonnal
Secondly I never receıved the newspaper ın the mornıng. It was avaılable at breakfast so no major problem
All ın all ıt ıs a remarkable hotel.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond; SPG: Gold; UA Platinum; BA Silver; EK Silver
PH vs GH for a GP Platinum

I will be using my FFNs in Istanbul next month, and am choosing between the GH and PH. I have stayed at the GH but would like to try the PH. As a Plat, I will not get the upgrade to Spa Room that most others on this thread have enjoyed. Are the Park Kings decent in size, and is there any specific room I should ask for to avoid the nightclub noise?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Presently at the Park Hyatt Istanbul and I can't say enough good things about this fantastic property.

First, the hotel has just 90 rooms. It has a very personal feel, with many charming members of staff. The clientele are clearly more upmarket than at many luxury properties I've visited in the past. There is no mistaking the exclusive atmosphere at the Park Hyatt Istanbul. The hotel is located in Macka, which is akin to Park Avenue in NYC. Within one block, you will find many of Europe's top designers.

Upon checkin, I discovered I'd been fortunate enough to be offered a Spa Room. Considering that I'm here with FFN, I felt the hotel had been quite generous. The member of staff who checked me in accompanied me to the room and provided a detailed explanation of the multiple features of the Spa Room.

I can't find the words to fully convey the luxury of these bathrooms. The Blaise Mautin toiletries (larger than I've seen before) were scented in a rose scent, but not too strong. They actually smell so lovely that I couldn't help from grabbing them before going out each day, just so they would be replenished upon my return! The floorplan is perfect, and the advanced lighting controls make it easy to find just the right mood in the room. The electronically controlled blinds make it far too easy to sleep past noon.

The bespoke service and uncommon attention to the finest detail are just two of the myriad reasons I will return. The city itself is exotic and enticing, and the Park Hyatt Istanbul sets the standard for luxurious accommodations in this cultural gem. I can't see any reason at all to stay anywhere else during my next visit to Istanbul.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:32 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
The bespoke service and uncommon attention to the finest detail are just two of the myriad reasons I will return. The city itself is exotic and enticing, and the Park Hyatt Istanbul sets the standard for luxurious accommodations in this cultural gem. I can't see any reason at all to stay anywhere else during my next visit to Istanbul.
This is very well said and mirrors my experience at this property a year ago. I'm glad to hear that the standard of service remains extraordinary. And those Spa Rooms . . . truly incredible.

Thanks for the review, SEAUAKID!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Question - how the best way to get to the hotel?

I'll be going next week on a NBT award for 2 days...
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:11 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Question - how the best way to get to the hotel?
Taxi. I really don't know any other way. And you should have directions, as at least when I went, taxi drivers didn't know how to find it. They know Hyatt, but not this specific location.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Grand Club?

We're headed to IST next week and I noticed on Hyatt's website that the Grand Hyatt has a club. Does anyone know if the Park Hyatt has one as well.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by PlusOne
We're headed to IST next week and I noticed on Hyatt's website that the Grand Hyatt has a club. Does anyone know if the Park Hyatt has one as well.
There's no lounge at the PH Istanbul. Diamonds get breakfast in the restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.