Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Hamburg - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD -Leaving 31Dec22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Hamburg - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD -Leaving 31Dec22

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
So I have a reservation here for January. It’s still listed in my reservations. So do they just cancel it as it draws closer? My concierge said I’d probably receive some sort of form letter - which I thought was kind of a weird response.

I’ve made a back up reservation but wondering how Hyatt will handle this?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
They will just plain cancel it. Since there is no alternative around.
close rumors say that it will shut down a lot earlier then 31.12.2022
It's a shame , hyatt, honestly.
Def. Our favorite place for more then 16 years. It's not a one and done house, it was really THE place in hamburg / Germany.
NJNY, IndyHoosier and Spewdonk like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Was trying to decide whether I should make a short stop in Hamburg on my trip to Europe this October and I am now glad that I chose to do so. Also was trying to decide between the Park Hyatt and one of the Marriott properties and I am not even more glad that I chose the PH (though only a 1-night stay this time). Still had a nagging feeling from last time that I never really got to TRULY enjoy the hotel when I stayed there since I rushed the Hamburg segment of my trip too much. And last time I was trying to decide between this hotel, the Curio (now since deflagged) and one of the Marriott properties...
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Goldeneyeuro
Was trying to decide whether I should make a short stop in Hamburg on my trip to Europe this October and I am now glad that I chose to do so. Also was trying to decide between the Park Hyatt and one of the Marriott properties and I am not even more glad that I chose the PH (though only a 1-night stay this time). Still had a nagging feeling from last time that I never really got to TRULY enjoy the hotel when I stayed there since I rushed the Hamburg segment of my trip too much. And last time I was trying to decide between this hotel, the Curio (now since deflagged) and one of the Marriott properties...
Please make a backup reservation for that October PH Hamburg night. Right now the ship is sinking a lot faster than 31.12.2022. It looks like the shutdown will come way earlier.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
The hotel is actually leaving Hyatt on 19DEC.

We will be there Dec 15-17, I wonder if they still care about taking care of Globalists, but I guess we will find out.

What are the hours of the club/lounge? For now, our flight gets in at 17:45
Old Nov 25, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Thankfully I was able to make a final stay here before the hotel closed on my trip last month. The front desk clerk was a bit saddened by the closure as well, he said that the building owner and Hyatt could not come to an agreement to how the property would be continually used. He also said that there will be a Hyatt Centric opening up down the street in 2025, and the current building will be closed/renovated and will probably be another hotel. Also the clerk went "you should stay at the Park Hyatt in Sydney." I then told him I wanted to stay at the one in Milan last year but it was temporarily closed due to COVID, and then the one in Paris for my trip this year had rates of around 1400 EUR per night with no award availability.

But overall this time was as good as my stay last time 4 years ago. Nice, luxurious room, despite feeling a bit dated. Also the USB charge port near the desk was flaky. Hotel has a very elegant-luxury approach and calming vibe to it and will be missed. Was able to try the breakfast and the hotel restaurant this time (though just ordered the apple dessert)

Old Dec 8, 2022, 7:18 am

Munich based hotel operator MHP AG has confirmed an article in local paper Hamburger Abendblatt to be in advanced negotiations about the management of what is today the Park Hyatt in Hamburg's Levantehaus through an adhoc release:
https://www.eqs-news.com/de/news/adh...amburg/1708803
(German only as far as I can see).

In Hamburg they already manage the Le Meridien Hotel at the Outer Alster. All other hotels operated by them (with the exception of Moons in Vienna) are under the Marriott umbrella of brands
https://www.mhphotels.com/hotels/

If they conclude their negotiations successfully, it would appear to me there is a chance for a St. Regis or Luxury Collection branding to succeed the Park Hyatt.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
Tried to book for tomorrow night but Hyatt says unavailable. I think they're closing earlier than end of the month now, like 18th?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 6:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by sw1x
Munich based hotel operator MHP AG has confirmed an article in local paper Hamburger Abendblatt to be in advanced negotiations about the management of what is today the Park Hyatt in Hamburg's Levantehaus through an adhoc release:
[...]
If they conclude their negotiations successfully, it would appear to me there is a chance for a St. Regis or Luxury Collection branding to succeed the Park Hyatt.

Today they announced it will be run under the Conrad brand: https://www.abendblatt.de/hamburg/ar...ark-Hyatt.html
Old Dec 13, 2022, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Today they announced it will be run under the Conrad brand: https://www.abendblatt.de/hamburg/ar...ark-Hyatt.html
you beat me to it.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 10:26 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Geez, just broken up and they are already flouting their new partner online!
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:12 am

I will be in HH this weekend till the last late checkout. 20 Years.
Those few, that are still there, will shut the doors. it will be missed.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 2:18 am

So this was the final checkout. Doors are closed. We stayed till the end.
If you are interrested in some Pics.
https://www.vielfliegertreff.de/foru....151606/page-5
Old Oct 6, 2023, 4:16 am
Uli

hi,

was happy to find a lot of the superb park hyatt hamburg staff at the fontenay ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.