Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Sacramento REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Sacramento REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:27 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
I stay here about 40 nights a year, so thought I’d give some updated feedback.

Checkin:

Good process, able to get key online. Front always recognizes me as Globalist.

Checkout:

I often have billing issues. Offered me $50 credit for food since we missed the lounge hours on Sunday, took 2 phone calls to resolve

Random $80 mini bar charges that took a phone call to resolve

Rooms:

They are still going through renovations, but I’ve only stayed in the renovated rooms. They have a nice big screen tv (maybe like 60”), but have very annoying lights on the bottom of the bed. Logically, they make sense where if you get up in the middle of the night you can see where you are going without getting blasted with a light. However, if you roll over in bed and the sheet activates it, then the light can wake you up.

One room had issues with hearing literally everything the neighbors were saying. Two people were talking all night, they were loud but not that loud.

No chromecast.

25% of the time housekeeping doesn’t replenish the two bottles of water each day. Have to call in.

Room service has always been good and reasonably priced

Misc:

Have complementary black car service around the downtown area. Haven’t used it, but a nice option.

Good downtown location, but next door is going through renovations

Lounge used to be the old Governors room, which I find unique. Good service, they’ll make coffee in the morning and pour the drinks at night (drinks for a cost). Breakfast is almost always the same – smoked salmon, turkey/ham cold cuts, hard boiled eggs, breads and 2 hot items: oat meal & quiche. Nice outdoor seating on 12th floor with good views for sacramento.

Downstairs bar is nicely decorated and reasonably priced for drinks and food.

Dawsons (steakhouse) onsite has a nice bar and good selection of beef. Better steak than most hotel restaurants.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mayday23
but have very annoying lights on the bottom of the bed. Logically, they make sense where if you get up in the middle of the night you can see where you are going without getting blasted with a light. However, if you roll over in bed and the sheet activates it, then the light can wake you up.
They have those at GH SFO. Hate them. Put this stuff in the category of annoying unnecessarily technology.

Agree on Dawson's steaks and the lounge.

Have they fixed the internet?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:24 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Originally Posted by Kacee
They have those at GH SFO. Hate them. Put this stuff in the category of annoying unnecessarily technology.

Agree on Dawson's steaks and the lounge.

Have they fixed the internet?
No. Was on phone with Tech support about internet dropping and trying to get "premium" internet. They put my mac address into their system and was still only getting 2mbps up and down.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
No. Was on phone with Tech support about internet dropping and trying to get "premium" internet. They put my mac address into their system and was still only getting 2mbps up and down.
lol I had extensive email correspondence with them over three years ago about exactly the same problem. Was a frequent guest at the time.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
but have very annoying lights on the bottom of the bed. Logically, they make sense where if you get up in the middle of the night you can see where you are going without getting blasted with a light. However, if you roll over in bed and the sheet activates it, then the light can wake you up.
Originally Posted by Kacee
And HR SFO.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:05 pm

Anyone know what this property is doing about the lounge post-COVID? Trying to decide if it is worth a Lounge Cert.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 12:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
When is the stay? Personally I doubt any lounges will be in operation in calendar year 2020.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by dkc192
When is the stay? Personally I doubt any lounges will be in operation in calendar year 2020.
Yeah. My stay is July... probably no luck.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 9:19 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Yeah. My stay is July... probably no luck.
Absolutely no chance!
Old Jul 11, 2021, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Completed a one night stay this weekend.. just a quick overnight post Lake Tahoe to accommodate a visit to the CA Railroad museum for my son, and our flight out of SMF.
  • Check-in/Room: I saw prior to checkin I was upgraded to a Corner King in the app; at checkin I was further upgraded to a Park Capitol Suite as the agent noted it would have more space for a rollaway for my son. The suite is a bit weird, its a fully interior living room with a dining table for 6, but no windows at all in that space; then a standard bedroom. There is no way to close off the bedroom. There was a spacious bathroom.
  • parking: I had a rental and parked it on the street directly across from the hotel for free. Hotel parking would have been $25.
  • Breakfast: $19/person credit; taxes and an 18% service fee apply to all orders so realistically its not possible to get an entree and drink per person. For my group of three, we had three entrees and one coffee and with that still went over the limit. With that said, we all thought the food was very good. The club lounge remains closed.
  • Pool: It was 110 degrees when we were there so the pool was packed. It was plenty warm.

thats about it, it was a quick stay. Doubt Ill return to Sacramento but if I did, Id stay here again.

Dining/Living room

Bedroom; no doors separate this room from the rest of the suite

Bathroom

Avocado Toast

Breakfast sandwich with spicy ketchup; very good
Pentech likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by River in Sight
Completed a one night stay this weekend.. just a quick overnight post Lake Tahoe to accommodate a visit to the CA Railroad museum for my son, and our flight out of SMF.
  • Check-in/Room: I saw prior to checkin I was upgraded to a Corner King in the app; at checkin I was further upgraded to a Park Capitol Suite as the agent noted it would have more space for a rollaway for my son. The suite is a bit weird, its a fully interior living room with a dining table for 6, but no windows at all in that space; then a standard bedroom. There is no way to close off the bedroom. There was a spacious bathroom.
  • parking: I had a rental and parked it on the street directly across from the hotel for free. Hotel parking would have been $25.
  • Breakfast: $19/person credit; taxes and an 18% service fee apply to all orders so realistically its not possible to get an entree and drink per person. For my group of three, we had three entrees and one coffee and with that still went over the limit. With that said, we all thought the food was very good. The club lounge remains closed.
  • Pool: It was 110 degrees when we were there so the pool was packed. It was plenty warm.

thats about it, it was a quick stay. Doubt Ill return to Sacramento but if I did, Id stay here again.

Dining/Living room

Bedroom; no doors separate this room from the rest of the suite

Bathroom

Avocado Toast

Breakfast sandwich with spicy ketchup; very good
Thank you for this nice review!! Have an upcoming stay there soon.
Bummer to hear that lounge still closed.
Only $19 credit per person even for Globalist? How much did it cost for breakfast sandwich and avocado toast?
Is the parking free for Globalist?
River in Sight likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by joykid
Only $19 credit per person even for Globalist? How much did it cost for breakfast sandwich and avocado toast?
Is the parking free for Globalist?
No, the parking is not free; however, I had no trouble finding a street spot right across from the hotel.

Yes, for Globalist only $19 per person which is a bit lame, because tax and an 18% service charge are added on... so you really only have $15 or so per person. I found a PDF of the menu on my phone and posted a picture below. Like I mentioned in my review, my family of three had three entrees and a single coffee (no other drinks) and exceeded the allotment.

Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:17 pm

18% service fee is just too much! I actually feel disappointed that they are doing this kind of coupon for breakfast. For a moment I thought this is Hilton properties. Is street parking safe? as in no breakins like street parking in SF.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by joykid
Is street parking safe? as in no breakins like street parking in SF.
I'm not familiar with Sacramento but there were way nicer cars parked on the street than the Kia I had rented, so I felt fine parking on the street. But, it was a rental. There are police hanging out directly across the street at the State Capitol so I figured nothing would happen.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Good news for the Globalist breakfast benefit:
  • Free breakfast entre and drink per guest in the room (up to 4)
  • Taxes/Tips included
Our family of 4 (2 adults/2 children) ordered 4 entrees/drinks and the entire bill (~$75) was comp'ed/removed at checkout.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.