Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Sacramento REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Sacramento REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 2, 20, 6:27 pm

Programs: United 1K, EP with AA, Globalist Hyatt, Some Marriott
I stay here about 40 nights a year, so thought I’d give some updated feedback.

Checkin:

Good process, able to get key online. Front always recognizes me as Globalist.

Checkout:

I often have billing issues. Offered me $50 credit for food since we missed the lounge hours on Sunday, took 2 phone calls to resolve

Random $80 mini bar charges that took a phone call to resolve

Rooms:

They are still going through renovations, but I’ve only stayed in the renovated rooms. They have a nice big screen tv (maybe like 60”), but have very annoying lights on the bottom of the bed. Logically, they make sense where if you get up in the middle of the night you can see where you are going without getting blasted with a light. However, if you roll over in bed and the sheet activates it, then the light can wake you up.

One room had issues with hearing literally everything the neighbors were saying. Two people were talking all night, they were loud but not that loud.

No chromecast.

25% of the time housekeeping doesn’t replenish the two bottles of water each day. Have to call in.

Room service has always been good and reasonably priced

Misc:

Have complementary black car service around the downtown area. Haven’t used it, but a nice option.

Good downtown location, but next door is going through renovations

Lounge used to be the old Governors room, which I find unique. Good service, they’ll make coffee in the morning and pour the drinks at night (drinks for a cost). Breakfast is almost always the same – smoked salmon, turkey/ham cold cuts, hard boiled eggs, breads and 2 hot items: oat meal & quiche. Nice outdoor seating on 12th floor with good views for sacramento.

Downstairs bar is nicely decorated and reasonably priced for drinks and food.

Dawsons (steakhouse) onsite has a nice bar and good selection of beef. Better steak than most hotel restaurants.
Old Mar 2, 20, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by mayday23 View Post
but have very annoying lights on the bottom of the bed. Logically, they make sense where if you get up in the middle of the night you can see where you are going without getting blasted with a light. However, if you roll over in bed and the sheet activates it, then the light can wake you up.
They have those at GH SFO. Hate them. Put this stuff in the category of annoying unnecessarily technology.

Agree on Dawson's steaks and the lounge.

Have they fixed the internet?
Old Mar 2, 20, 7:24 pm

Programs: United 1K, EP with AA, Globalist Hyatt, Some Marriott
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
They have those at GH SFO. Hate them. Put this stuff in the category of annoying unnecessarily technology.

Agree on Dawson's steaks and the lounge.

Have they fixed the internet?
No. Was on phone with Tech support about internet dropping and trying to get "premium" internet. They put my mac address into their system and was still only getting 2mbps up and down.
Old Mar 2, 20, 7:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
No. Was on phone with Tech support about internet dropping and trying to get "premium" internet. They put my mac address into their system and was still only getting 2mbps up and down.
lol I had extensive email correspondence with them over three years ago about exactly the same problem. Was a frequent guest at the time.
Old Mar 2, 20, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Total Wine & More Reserve
but have very annoying lights on the bottom of the bed. Logically, they make sense where if you get up in the middle of the night you can see where you are going without getting blasted with a light. However, if you roll over in bed and the sheet activates it, then the light can wake you up.
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
And HR SFO.
Old Jun 23, 20, 12:05 am

Anyone know what this property is doing about the lounge post-COVID? Trying to decide if it is worth a Lounge Cert.
Old Jun 23, 20, 1:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
When is the stay? Personally I doubt any lounges will be in operation in calendar year 2020.
Old Jun 26, 20, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
When is the stay? Personally I doubt any lounges will be in operation in calendar year 2020.
Yeah. My stay is July... probably no luck.
Old Jun 26, 20, 10:19 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer View Post
Yeah. My stay is July... probably no luck.
Absolutely no chance!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: