Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What are some perks of Hyatt Courtesy Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are some perks of Hyatt Courtesy Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by tfung
Got this today...

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/imag...9172373eab.jpg

Doesn't look much different from regular Diamond card benefits..
tfung, are you willing to share what kind of activity led to this level? I have spent from $15,000 to $60,000 a year at Hyatt for many years, with an average of probably $35,000 a year. I am wondering how much one has to spend to get to Courtesy Card level?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 2:22 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by thesilb
tfung, are you willing to share what kind of activity led to this level? I have spent from $15,000 to $60,000 a year at Hyatt for many years, with an average of probably $35,000 a year. I am wondering how much one has to spend to get to Courtesy Card level?
I don't think its a spend level. I think the Courtesy Card is given out to individuals who own Hyatt flagged properties and certain super-VIPs who have the ability to direct other people (employees mostly) to stay at Hyatts (either property specific or chain-wide).
Old Jun 3, 2009, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by peteropny
I don't think its a spend level. I think the Courtesy Card is given out to individuals who own Hyatt flagged properties and certain super-VIPs who have the ability to direct other people (employees mostly) to stay at Hyatts (either property specific or chain-wide).

OH, okay, got it. So I guess I need to fork out cash to open a Hyatt Place to get one
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:36 pm

Hyatt Courtesy Card - My dad still has one!!

The courtesy card doesn't look like much - its plain and green....but when you place that baby on the front desk and they bring up the reservation you would think Elvis just showed up. ITS AWESOME - my dad got the card back in the 70's as a divison sales manager he booked several large sales meetings at Hyatt's and they gave him and several other guys with the company the card as a thank you. They fella's didn't really know what they had at the time and no one kept up the travel to renew the card execept my dad. As my father was promoted (eventually to president of a division) he traveled a lot. To retain the card you have to stay a least eight nights a year at any Hyatt property. He's had the card for 35+ years, he's 73 and still travels. He's been around the world and I've been with him or stayed with him at many Hyatts. The suites can be incredible $1000 a night, $2000 a night from Hong Kong, Paris, New York, San Fran, Hawaii, and all points in between.

Your treated like a rock star by Hyatt...Lost of snacks, Food, Wine, Liquor, and other nice stuff when you check-in, all brought to the room. Usually the manager will come out and say hi, converse and may or may not walk you to the room - its crazy. All this for the lowest rate the hotel has going - might be $99 might be $150 but you darn near get your money back in comps and your in the NICEST suites in the hotel....not always but 80% of the time. He delt with the same dedicated special reservation person for 25 years and she made sure the hotels knew a VIP was coming. My dad is a regular guy who worked hard and acheived a lot of success but he is not a snob or elitest in any way so it never went to his head but he's had so much fun with it - what a way to travel your whole carreer.

Good story - He was with the same company for over 30 years - one time he was with the the chairman / and the son of the company founder (this is a large public company and these guys are ery vWEALTHY and used to being sucked up to) they all went to check in after flying into ???city by private company jet - the Hyatt manager comes out, the asst manager etc, and they fuss all over my dad like he was royalty - these guys egos were crushed and they couldn't understand why the hotel management was all over my dad when they were the big shots - my dad was embarresed and a little nervous so he never did it again when with higher level execs...love that story. Looking back he knows how lucky he was - right place right time right job.... He has a lot of great stories and experiances due to that little green card. From what Dad's been told they stoped giving them out a while back and its ultra select to get one now. As the one's that have them fall off the list that's it. The list of the courtesy card holders is like top secret too - only the highest Hyatt execs know who's on it or have access to it. Anyway, hope this was informative.
beachmouse likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:44 pm

Great first post. Anyone else about how to get one of this cards?
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:47 pm
Community Director Emerita

dcwies, welcome! What a fascinating post - and from an adult who obviously thinks his dad is terrific. Nice.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by best
Great first post. Anyone else about how to get one of this cards?
Take private a publicly-traded REIT with several Hyatt properties in it, then make sure to try to be the controlling shareholder, and then claim losses incurred in more recent years operations to get back tax payments made on gains from years ago? Why can't ordinary people like myself ever get in on such action.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 5:33 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Correct

Originally Posted by peteropny
As someone who worked at the PH Sydney in a previous life, I was trained that courtesy cards are distributed by the family own Hyatt, and individual property owners.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA MM, CX Diamond, LH Senator, BA Gold, Hyatt Courtesy
Hyatt Courtesy Card

Just received a courtesy card today in a Fedex package along with a bathrobe. I was very surprised since I read on FT that these cards were only given to hotel owners or friends of the Pritzkers.
I'm not sure how I've qualified for it but I have been a diamond member for 5 years with about anywhere between 90 and 110 nights a year at hyatts primarily in Park Hyatt or Grand Hyatt in Asia. The welcome letter said that it was by invitation only and renewal was subject to an annual review.
The card is good until 2/12 so I'll have plenty occasions to try it out!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 11:07 pm

Wow, congrats CDG 1K! ^
Old Jul 27, 2010, 7:37 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by 1K+
Wow, congrats CDG 1K! ^
+1 - I'm being nosy but was wondering if perhaps you are responsible for directing stays from your company to Hyatt? It sounds like they've expanded the program though - either to those who are responsible for directing "lots" of stays to Hyatt or a spend level.

WAAAAH - I want one
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by CDG 1K
Just received a courtesy card today in a Fedex package along with a bathrobe. I was very surprised since I read on FT that these cards were only given to hotel owners or friends of the Pritzkers.
I'm not sure how I've qualified for it but I have been a diamond member for 5 years with about anywhere between 90 and 110 nights a year at hyatts primarily in Park Hyatt or Grand Hyatt in Asia. The welcome letter said that it was by invitation only and renewal was subject to an annual review.
The card is good until 2/12 so I'll have plenty occasions to try it out!
I want one, too! Is it a nice robe? Maybe I need to befriend a Pritzker or something
Old Jul 27, 2010, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
90-110 nights/year at international Park&Grand Hyatt properties is serious business... ^
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:29 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Holy Cr*p!!

I've been a Hyatt Diamond for a couple years, and My Dad has been a Hyatt Diamond for a lot longer (I'm not sure how many years). He just doesn't pay attention to details about his loyalty programs and FF (UA) accounts, so I have taken over managing most of them for him...

Well, I just signed into his HGP account and he made Courtesy Card status!! I was thrown at first because the top of his account page is now green (where Diamonds are black).

He does NOT own any Hyatt hotels, nor does he pal around with anyone named Pritzker. lol

He travels for work, about 10-12 weeks a year is spent in Hyatt hotels, usually in SF. Maybe his job title had to do with it... he is a Federal Government employee, but has a fairly prestigious position in his branch, (by Presidential appointment; confirmed by the Senate). But then again, he has had the same position for over 10 years. Why now?

And his influence over other government travel is negligible (his staff occasionally travels with him, but that's it).

It's exciting news for him, although I don't think he's going to care much quite frankly. lol
Old Jul 28, 2010, 3:12 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
2 people on FT getting courtesy card within the same week.. Perhaps they are starting to give them out more generously now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.