Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What are some perks of Hyatt Courtesy Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are some perks of Hyatt Courtesy Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Actually I was told that new CC holders are chosen annually from LT Diamonds now Globalist. But again with no knowledge of specific criteria.
vcccplus likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 168
For me, I stopped worry about CC the minute I heard about this years ago and just focus on getting 1 million LT points, $200k spend. Finally achieved LT just before the world shut down.

I am certainly getting better upgrades and pleased with little thing like having Diet Coke next to the welcome letter. Annie in HK TST added my drink preference to my profile 9+ years ago so a cold drink will always be available with my late arrival. Now, I am seeing a pattern that other hotels are reading the same note while preparing my room. I still travel with my own drinks and never expect it. Nevertheless, it just help me understand management’s style, how they treat LT and attention to details.

Unless CC holders receive 14 nights cat 8 certs every year and club access awards that turns into 10K points each when they expired that we don’t know about, I am happy with LT Diamond status. if anyone still need a number to aim, try $200K LT spend.
Is LT globalist treated better than globalist? I've recieved everything you've mentioned, at least at some hotels. I think a privé agent added the fact that I don't drink wine to my profile and I often get an amenity of local beer instead. I'm nowhere near lifetime status.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Is LT globalist treated better than globalist? I've recieved everything you've mentioned, at least at some hotels. I think a privé agent added the fact that I don't drink wine to my profile and I often get an amenity of local beer instead. I'm nowhere near lifetime status.
A lot of it is going to come down to individual properties rather than Globalist vs. Lifetime Globalist (and other unofficial variations like "Globalist Lite" which people on here seem to like to refer to) and your history with that property.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coleslaw
A lot of it is going to come down to individual properties rather than Globalist vs. Lifetime Globalist (and other unofficial variations like "Globalist Lite" which people on here seem to like to refer to) and your history with that property.
What's globalist lite? This year I am globalist but I did not hit 60 nights (I think I was at 48?) so I missed out on some of the milestones. Though, I still have the concierge, even though that's listed as a 60 night milestone benefit. Does that make me globalist lite?

I've never had a lot of base points in a year; never close to qualifying on base points. When nights are expensive I use points. I still get treated quite well at many properties, including on my first visit to some.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What's globalist lite? This year I am globalist but I did not hit 60 nights (I think I was at 48?) so I missed out on some of the milestones. Though, I still have the concierge, even though that's listed as a 60 night milestone benefit. Does that make me globalist lite?

I've never had a lot of base points in a year; never close to qualifying on base points. When nights are expensive I use points. I still get treated quite well at many properties, including on my first visit to some.
"Globalist Lite" is a totally made up term that some people on here use to refer to people who qualified for Globalist status without hitting all of the milestones up to 60, so it sounds like you fall into that (made up) bucket.

I usually qualify for Globalist early on in the year and end the year with 150+++ nights but don't hit the base points qualification until well into the second half of the year. So I guess I'm "Globalist Cheap".
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coleslaw
"Globalist Lite" is a totally made up term that some people on here use to refer to people who qualified for Globalist status without hitting all of the milestones up to 60, so it sounds like you fall into that (made up) bucket.

I usually qualify for Globalist early on in the year and end the year with 150+++ nights but don't hit the base points qualification until well into the second half of the year. So I guess I'm "Globalist Cheap".
Actually, come to think of it, status runs through end of Feb, so it's possible I won't have the concierge next week. Oh, the shame.

And, with all due respect, I'm far cheaper than you. 150+ nights is impressive though. Do you ever consider splitting with another program since Hyatt stops rewarding you after 100?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:24 pm

Actually, come to think of it, status runs through end of Feb, so it's possible I won't have the concierge next week. Oh, the shame.

And, with all due respect, I'm far cheaper than you. 150+ nights is impressive though. Do you ever consider splitting with another program since Hyatt stops rewarding you after 100?
I do! I split my stays mainly with Marriott when not staying at Hyatts. The lack of milestones after 100 nights certainly plays into that decision, but it also depends on the promotions at any given time, available properties, etc, etc. This year, with AA's loyalty points changes, I'm probably going to be a bit less brand loyal and make more bookings through Rocketmiles when there's not a compelling reason to book with Hyatt.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP (8MM), Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Are Hyatt Courtesy Card members awarded American Airlines Concierge Key status as a benefit of membership?
Old Apr 7, 2024, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by private_md
Are Hyatt Courtesy Card members awarded American Airlines Concierge Key status as a benefit of membership?
No, or at least I wasn’t.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 8:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Originally Posted by private_md
Also no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.