Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What are some perks of Hyatt Courtesy Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are some perks of Hyatt Courtesy Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I found that, if you turn off Javascript in your browser (Google to figure out how), anyone can view all of the courtesy card information on the website:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-courtesy.html
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...tesy-card.html
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ard-terms.html
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I found that, if you turn off Javascript in your browser (Google to figure out how), anyone can view all of the courtesy card information on the website:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-courtesy.html
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...tesy-card.html
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ard-terms.html
Well done, but what RTW1 says above is correct. The benefits listed don’t speak to the benefits experienced. I’ll leave it at that.

Although I guess I’ll add that each property is different and just like UA GS or SPG Ambassador, it can be hit or miss. This is a hotel loyalty program after all, and a business for Hyatt, not some sort of fan club for Courtesy Card members.

The lesson is simple: money trumps all. Sorry folks but that’s the world we live in.
martinplas likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 4:16 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Given the rarity of people with Courtesy Card, do properties actually know how to handle the upgrade benefit?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Originally Posted by helvetic
Given the rarity of people with Courtesy Card, do properties actually know how to handle the upgrade benefit?
Yes, definitely
Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by helvetic
Sure, they do, but it varies by property and by the staff training. Some properties are much more consistent with amenities and upgrades, others are not, often for specific reasons such as high suite occupancy rates coupled with simply a low number of suites at the property. Some hotels though simply screw up - but no more often than any other service issues normally.

In general, they treat Courtesy Card holders very, very well.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, British Airways Lifetime Gold, United Million Miler
Have you been renewed for 2020?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 4:05 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by worldshopper
No. Current status lasts until February 29.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by ainternational
In general, they treat Courtesy Card holders very, very well.
Hyatt treats their Lifetime members already very well so I am not sure why people have so many concerns whether they deliver on their Courtesy Card.

Hyatt has always put emphasis on looking after guests who spend a lot on Hyatt so whether your money gets you Lifetime status or the Courtesy Card will only matter in small details.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
My account now says valid through February 28, 2021.

Old Jan 16, 2020, 8:01 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by sensei
My account now says valid through February 28, 2021.
Mine also. Yay
Old Jan 18, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, British Airways Lifetime Gold, United Million Miler
Sadly I just learned through a call to the CC desk that my acct. says LG after March 1st. CC holder since 2009 and the same number of nights and spending throughout.
Does anyone have a contact for Amy Weinberg? Or other senior WOH at the corporate office? I'm going to grovel...
Other CCs will understand
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:46 pm

Sadly I just learned through a call to the CC desk that my acct. says LG after March 1st. CC holder since 2009 and the same number of nights and spending throughout.
Does anyone have a contact for Amy Weinberg? Or other senior WOH at the corporate office? I'm going to grovel...
Other CCs will understand
I was concerned for my renewal as well this year, after several events last year were not properly attributed to my WOH account and couldn’t be according to local event sales at the properties.

So upon reading your message, I launched the app and it said 2020. On a chance, and because I am an engineer after all, I thought perhaps the app isn’t updating properly but the website would.

Sure enough, the website says 2021.

Good luck on your appeal. I bet they don’t receive many, so perhaps you will have some luck.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:26 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Anyone recently received the courtesy card and recent experiences to share? Are the requirements still the same?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 8:51 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Anyone recently received the courtesy card and recent experiences to share? Are the requirements still the same?
Do you know what the requirements were?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:09 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Frequent and very high-thousands of annual spend at Hyatt Hotels, booking higher end/premium room types.

Originally Posted by mmgm
Do you know what the requirements were?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.