Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I think you're right. But there was a door between the bedroom and sitting room.

There is a door stay before last stayed in the 9th floor corner fantastic view of the park
Old Oct 13, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by thestallion123
I am a Globalist and have an upcoming stay for 4 nights in August.and used one of my suite upgrades to upgrade to the Park Suite King. We are a family of 4 including 2 young kids and I was wondering if anyone here has had success with working with the hotel to accommodate 4 people in a suite (assuming that the kids would sleep on a roll away or pullout)?
@thestallion123 - Any luck working with the hotel here? I am planning a trip for my family of 4 as well.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
I've found the hotel to be really accommodating. Even their smaller suites would work as they have nice sofa beds in a partitioned room. If you get a larger suite you are in really good shape. I would send them a note ahead of time to be sure.
MarkP24 and faboi0us like this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Smile Great Hotel

We have stayed here in the past, and have an upcoming stay here as well. I can't say enough about how management and staff went above and beyond for us!! Really looking forward to our upcoming stay next summer.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
We have stayed here in the past, and have an upcoming stay here as well. I can't say enough about how management and staff went above and beyond for us!! Really looking forward to our upcoming stay next summer.

Remember the new manager opened PHV and came here from opening Andaz Tokyo.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I stayed there again recently. While the hotel is generally outstanding the small fitness center is a disgrace.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Thanks, will try this and report back after our visit.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:20 am

Had a quick 1 night stay this week, not stayed for a couple of years and TBH was a little disappointed. Checked in easily on 8th floor and got a regency floor room with the portman square view. Room was only OK, average size I guess for London but bathroom was pretty small and not in great shape with the bath tub apron looking warped from water damage. Lounge breakfast/evening offering was OK. Gym still small, slightly bigger than the old/ pre-explosion gym but still not adequate for a premium hotel. Been staying more at the Conrad and now prefer to Churchill
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by cmanc
Had a quick 1 night stay this week, not stayed for a couple of years and TBH was a little disappointed. Checked in easily on 8th floor and got a regency floor room with the portman square view. Room was only OK, average size I guess for London but bathroom was pretty small and not in great shape with the bath tub apron looking warped from water damage. Lounge breakfast/evening offering was OK. Gym still small, slightly bigger than the old/ pre-explosion gym but still not adequate for a premium hotel. Been staying more at the Conrad and now prefer to Churchill
They gave you an none refreshed room, which is surprising that they did not offer you a refreshed room which is what they did for us a month ago. The "new" rooms are nice
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:56 pm

Yes probably should have done my homework I know the lower floors got renovated because of the explosion but either assumed that the higher floors also got renovated or were in better shape than they actually are. I’ve had some really great stays and rooms at the Churchill so shouldnt be too down on the place but this one was pretty average. Will know for next time to ask for renovated room although with the fairly slow elevators it’s nice to be on the same floor as the lounge. Any idea when the rest are getting an update?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by cmanc
Yes probably should have done my homework I know the lower floors got renovated because of the explosion but either assumed that the higher floors also got renovated or were in better shape than they actually are. I’ve had some really great stays and rooms at the Churchill so shouldnt be too down on the place but this one was pretty average. Will know for next time to ask for renovated room although with the fairly slow elevators it’s nice to be on the same floor as the lounge. Any idea when the rest are getting an update?
I have had some great stays as well. Up to floor 5 are all renovated their having a pause on the balance for a couple of years was told by the manager that the upper floors and lounges will be done slightly different, Translation he inherited the existing but is putting his stamp on the upper ones. What will be of interest is will they keep the two separate lounges I for one hope so because the main lounge to the right of the elevators gets loud with all the kids and parents that don't control them
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
If you have a special request, such as Portman Square view or a balcony, PM me and I'll give you an e-mail address to contact.[/QUOTE]
+++++
Hi, I know your post is from a while ago. I'm going to the Churchill over Thanksgiving. I have two rooms reserved, but if I could get a suite confirmed, I might be able to cancel one of the rooms but I'd want the Executive Suite. I'm Globalist. Can you/anyone PM me that email address, assuming it's still valid? Thanks.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by yaromac
If you have a special request, such as Portman Square view or a balcony, PM me and I'll give you an e-mail address to contact.
+++++
Hi, I know your post is from a while ago. I'm going to the Churchill over Thanksgiving. I have two rooms reserved, but if I could get a suite confirmed, I might be able to cancel one of the rooms but I'd want the Executive Suite. I'm Globalist. Can you/anyone PM me that email address, assuming it's still valid? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I am sure if you contact the globalist desk or whomever is handling your account they can call/send message over. This property does a great job of working with Hyatt travelers
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by edgewood49
+++++
Hi, I know your post is from a while ago. I'm going to the Churchill over Thanksgiving. I have two rooms reserved, but if I could get a suite confirmed, I might be able to cancel one of the rooms but I'd want the Executive Suite. I'm Globalist. Can you/anyone PM me that email address, assuming it's still valid? Thanks.
I am sure if you contact the globalist desk or whomever is handling your account they can call/send message over. This property does a great job of working with Hyatt travelers[/QUOTE]

They really do a great job!
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Trip Report November 2018 stay

*Stats: 2 nights, 2 rooms, one points, one cash, 2 adults, 2 children. Globalist. (Long term Hyatt loyalist, GP Diamond for years). Family trip with a little business.

Comparison point: In London, we usually stay in the Conrad St James (Hilton Diamond) or if too pricey, one of the mid-level Hiltons (e.g. Green Park, Paddington, Euston etc).

Requests: Had asked hotel ahead of time if they could make rooms available for early check-in, quiet rooms, hold a piece of mail for me, upgrade if available, quiet was most important (jet lag).

Went straight to 8th floor to check in (as per suggestions on this list). Very nice experience, with Simona, both rooms ready, and checkin right by the lounge breakfast, so had a quick bite, and went to nap. "Refreshed" rooms on the 6th floor, so not the best upgrade but quite ok for us. We don't visit London to sit in the hotel room. Rooms have all the basics (although weird mirror placement, inside closet door so you have to stand inside both doors to see yourself, and it's in a dark corner to boot). Sadly one of the quiet rooms had significant street noise from drunkards the first night, including music, police sirens, loud fight, swearing from out of the window of next door's room (totally sympathized) at the drunks, who yelled back, and no call back from the manager on duty, which I requested, hoping someone could go down and shut them up. Eventually, the police carted them away. Other room had no noise, and second night had no noise for either room. Hotel apologetic, and said it was a one off. Night staff could have been more responsive though. I know I wasn't the only one to call them (next door...)

Lounge:
Breakfast: Lovely spread, decent coffee machine. Ordering eggs from the waiter to get them fresh gets you cold eggs (fried and poached, two mornings in a row, not edible). Everything else about the food: great. One new staff member was consistently rude to other guests and adamant you couldn't order fresh eggs even though the check-in people had just encouraged us to do just that. Another staff member corrected and apologized for her. From her attitude throughout both the days, she's going to take quite a bit of training to get up to the standard of the other staff. Never quite understand why people who seem to hate people go into service industry. Minor blip.
Evening snacks: Outstanding. One of the best lounge offerings I have had, all sorts of *very high quality* cold meats, cheese, quiche, cakes, fresh breads (warm!), milk-based deserts.
Outside of service hours: First evening, some sort of spectacular cake. Would be helpful for them to label for those with a nut allergy (I asked before husband ate). Lots of publicity these days in UK since a girl with allergies sadly died after eating a Pret a Manger roll, so this Hyatt should step up and label.

Globalist recognition: Handwritten note and half a bottle of red in one of the rooms. Left it there since don't drink but appreciated the effort. Second night, gummy bears for kids and second bottle of red. Ditto. Kids loved the gummies though! And, of course, the refreshed rooms upgrade. I had rebooked the day before we left to take advantage of a sixty pound price drop so upgrade certainly good on very decent rate room (GBP289 plus tax).

Staff:
Mostly outstanding. Nice helpful emailed responses from managers office (Maria), mail held for me, printing delivered to my room and Simona who did an impressive job remembering guests' names.
Night manager not responsive, club breakfast service issue noted above.

New info: Hyatt doing a sort of new wellness promotion so given a cosmetic bag of goodies on checkin. Things like "happy" labelled scented products. I was selected for the latest round of additional Hyatt feedback groups so will mention that there too. I thought it was nice. Little "yoga sayings" cards on the bedside table after turn down service.

Verdict: Best Hyatt in the UK. We'll return here.
MarkP24 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.