Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:00 pm

Will do. My family wants to burn chase points and doesn't have status so they're happy to part with 40k/night.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Will do. My family wants to burn chase points and doesn't have status so they're happy to part with 40k/night.
I am a Lifetime Globalist with Hyatt and when I log on and check it won't give me a free suite either. Keep in mind this hotel is very popular with many who have unlimited budgets so it's possible that they will only offer upgrades. If you get a negative from Hyatt, maybe another Chase partner such as Marriott has suites available for points. They have many nice properties centrally located in London.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
You just need to contact the hotel directly - if they have Regency Suites Kings avail, they will make the reservation for you. I have done it a few times using Diamond upgrades and they always confirmed the suite upgrade even when you could not book a revenue suite.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by SethLevy
You just need to contact the hotel directly - if they have Regency Suites Kings avail, they will make the reservation for you. I have done it a few times using Diamond upgrades and they always confirmed the suite upgrade even when you could not book a revenue suite.
I called "MY Hyatt Concierge" and he was able to confirm a suite for me within minutes after contacting the hotel directly. Great service
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:52 am

with no status, YMMV apparently. Will update, but currently each side says to contact the other.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 2:32 pm

with no status, YMMV apparently. Will update, but currently each side says to contact the other.
Rather unsatisfactory the hotel has told me twice to call WOH who can not see availability for months at a time (if at all).

I'm on my third attempt with the hotel to ask point blank, in your own system, do you see availability even though you won't book it for me.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:43 pm

Rather unsatisfactory the hotel has told me twice to call WOH who can not see availability for months at a time (if at all).

I'm on my third attempt with the hotel to ask point blank, in your own system, do you see availability even though you won't book it for me.
well status ( loyalty) has it privileges
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
well status ( loyalty) has it privileges
I'm not asking them to open anything. I'm asking for a simple answer to a simple question which anyone should be afforded.

Not being a Hyatt person, does Vendome, Park Tokyo, etc. block all suite availability on redemptions?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I'm not asking them to open anything. I'm asking for a simple answer to a simple question which anyone should be afforded.

Not being a Hyatt person, does Vendome, Park Tokyo, etc. block all suite availability on redemptions?
It looks like you've been trying with the hotel directly over a weekend. I'd give it one more try tomorrow morning and ask to speak with a reservations supervisor at the hotel. If the answer is still "no", then I'd move on to another hotel chain to which you can transfer the Chase points.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
It looks like you've been trying with the hotel directly over a weekend. I'd give it one more try tomorrow morning and ask to speak with a reservations supervisor at the hotel. If the answer is still "no", then I'd move on to another hotel chain to which you can transfer the Chase points.
The hotel's you referred to are like the Churchill a high redemption property as well as highly subscribed to by paying guest. To answer you question specifically if you have status with WOH as in this case you can get to rooms not normally shown. When I wanted a suite I emailed my "MY Hyatt Concierge" and he got it quickly.

Hacking and status matching like a lot of these bloggers do only gets on so far these systems know how much you spend and stay.

Just saying. I do wish you luck and you might call the hotel directly might work they most likely will ask your #
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:32 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just back from the Churchill and by my standards, the hot breakfast entrees in the club room are back to being decent. Every day there was scrambled eggs, hot breakfast meat (usually sausage but sometimes both sausage and bacon), cooked mushrooms, and a fourth dish. The fourth dish was sometimes Arabic, sometimes baked beans, etc.

This is now a decent breakfast, along with the significant number of cold dishes, it's a good start to the day.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Just back from the Churchill and by my standards, the hot breakfast entrees in the club room are back to being decent. Every day there was scrambled eggs, hot breakfast meat (usually sausage but sometimes both sausage and bacon), cooked mushrooms, and a fourth dish. The fourth dish was sometimes Arabic, sometimes baked beans, etc.

This is now a decent breakfast, along with the significant number of cold dishes, it's a good start to the day.
Good to know and thank you. we are scheduled to spend Christmas there
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:35 pm

I am thrilled to hear about breakfast being up to par in the Club Lounge. I will be there in late September.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist/ SPG Gold / American Platinum / Southwest A-List
Yes, I am also excited to hear about the food improvements in the lounge.

I will be staying there August 2-8, have a suite upgrade confirmed and requested the 9th floor for the balcony.

Any other suggestions on property?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:10 am

What is the policy on bringing a guest to the Club Lounge?

I've booked a room with club lounge access.

If we wish to invite a third person (not staying at hotel) to the lounge to meet for an evening chat and drinks, what is the Club Lounge policy? Permitted? Any idea of the extra fee, if permitted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.