Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 7, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by serfty
It's much more than that; I was assigned one once and the space is about 100cm or so off the end of the room - it felt really cramped with all the furnishing.

I asked to be moved to an 18th floor room.
You may be right - it may be closer to 2-3 feet. The balcony is not very deep. We've always stayed in a balcony suite and I like being able to step outside, have a great view of Portman Square, and some fresh air (such that it is in London). We have also stayed in a Regency Executive Suite and that has a larger sized bedroom as well as the balcony off the sitting room.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Rollaway Bed

Normally charged, for children however it's waived (Under 12). I'll edit this post in 2 weeks once we've used the room and photo the setup. In house team suggested a do the dual bed/twin room - Mrs was fine with that - guess my snoring lately with allergy season is a bit too much for her . Got the 6 year old on the rollaway. Will update later on this.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Am I being super picky that I had to wait until 4pm to get into my room??
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by frogss29
Am I being super picky that I had to wait until 4pm to get into my room??
Was it just a standard room or a Club Floor or a suite? Do you know if the hotel was full?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Was it just a standard room or a Club Floor or a suite? Do you know if the hotel was full?
Standard rooms available still.
We booked a suite, with Club access (because we are diamond...I mean globalist)
And I don't think there were any more bookable suites.
It really isn't the fact we had to WAIT.
It is the attitude!!!!
Fourth time coming to this hotel (each stay is for roughly a week)
and they act like they are doing ME the favour!

Last edited by frogss29; Jun 21, 2017 at 2:39 pm
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by frogss29
Standard rooms available still.
We booked a suite, with Club access (because we are diamond...I mean globalist)
And I don't think there were any more bookable suites.
It really isn't the fact we had to WAIT.
It is the attitude!!!!
Fourth time coming to this hotel (each stay is for roughly a week)
and they act like they are doing ME the favour!
Oh, it appeared that your initial question was if it is normal to have to wait until 4 p.m. In your case, no, it's not unusual as you were waiting for a suite of which there aren't that many. In addition, many of those are occupied by Globalists who can have a 4 p.m. checkout. I can't comment about your actual complaint as we have always checked in at the Club and have nothing short of outstanding and personal service.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:46 pm

act like they are doing ME the favour!--Yes at front desk

Club nothing short of outstanding and personal service- found same
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:32 am

After a good nights sleep, I realise I WAS being picky!
We were just hot and tired from a long day travelling.
But, for the record, it is the Club check in I was talking about.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Will be staying at the Churchill again soon. Love the hotel, but as many have stated, the gym leaves something to be desired. I'll be there for a week. I am thinking of going to an off-site gym and I am looking for recommendations. A Google search revealed a couple of options nearby, but not sure they are right for me. I prefer weight machines to free weights.

Any experiences with local gyms, hopefully in walking distance? Thank you.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:49 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Normally charged, for children however it's waived (Under 12). I'll edit this post in 2 weeks once we've used the room and photo the setup. In house team suggested a do the dual bed/twin room - Mrs was fine with that - guess my snoring lately with allergy season is a bit too much for her . Got the 6 year old on the rollaway. Will update later on this.
@NickP 1K: it would be very helpful if you could share this information in the Hyatt information for families thread.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by paul00
@NickP 1K: it would be very helpful if you could share this information in the Hyatt information for families thread.
Just edited the wiki in that post to reflect this
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:33 pm

...helping family book a vacation and not too familiar with Hyatt. How hard is it to snag a Regency Suite on points? I don't see any availability at 40k points searching a wide range of dates. Thanks

EDIT Hyatt couldn't find availability for a 3 month period despite plenty of revenue inventory.

Last edited by saaveraward; Jul 8, 2017 at 1:27 pm
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward
...helping family book a vacation and not too familiar with Hyatt. How hard is it to snag a Regency Suite on points? I don't see any availability at 40k points searching a wide range of dates. Thanks

EDIT Hyatt couldn't find availability for a 3 month period despite plenty of revenue inventory.
Suite availability is often controlled by the hotel and can only be confirmed by contacting WOH or the hotel directly.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Suite availability is often controlled by the hotel and can only be confirmed by contacting WOH or the hotel directly.
by WOH do you mean central reservations or member services? Reservations couldn't find any inventory.

is this indicative of this property only or most in the portfolio?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward
by WOH do you mean central reservations or member services? Reservations couldn't find any inventory.

is this indicative of this property only or most in the portfolio?
Yes, central reservations. As that didn't work, I'd contact the hotel direct and ask. Let us know on here what the hotel says. I've never tried to use a points only award at this property, just upgrade awards and have never had a problem using those.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.