Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:27 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by boracat
Thanks! If you have any restaurant recommendation in the area, I'd really appreciate it.
I rarely stick with local spots in Mayfair so probably not your best source here
Might do River Cafe one night for dinner and skip breakfast at my hotel and do breakfast instead at Bills originally from Sydney.Love the corn fitters with avocado
Its so hard to recommend with everyone's personal tastes & budgets being so vastly different
I'm a huge fan of seeing photos are reading reviews to see if something seems like my speed or not which both Yelp and Trip Advisor do reasonably well with.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by SeeTheLights
I love the Pakistani restaurant walking distance to the hotel called Zayna. Its on New Quebec St (which is right behind the Churchill). Also, there is a great breakast/brunch placed called the Grazing Goat this is also on New Quebec. Its attached to a small B&B type hotel. We stay at the Churchill a few times and year and love it. Hotel is great to Globalists and with the renovation, it is top notch.
Another vote for Zayna and Grazing Goat. We found Zayna to be one of our favorite "Indian" places in London and will go there even if not staying at the Churchill. Much much better than even above average curry houses. Grazing Goat is a gastropub and also does dinner. While the food is excellent, i wouldn't say it's a standout...other than the super convenient location when staying at the Churchill.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by boolean64
Another vote for Zayna and Grazing Goat. We found Zayna to be one of our favorite "Indian" places in London and will go there even if not staying at the Churchill. Much much better than even above average curry houses. Grazing Goat is a gastropub and also does dinner. While the food is excellent, i wouldn't say it's a standout...other than the super convenient location when staying at the Churchill.
Had the pheasant at Grazing Goat last night, which was very good. So was the service. 1 minute walk from HR. Locanda Locatelli of course is outstanding. If you walk east on Wigmore St for < 5 min to James St towards Oxford St, there are a ton of good restaurants.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:32 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B

Had the pheasant at Grazing Goat last night, which was very good. So was the service. 1 minute walk from HR. Locanda Locatelli of course is outstanding. If you walk east on Wigmore St for < 5 min to James St towards Oxford St, there are a ton of good restaurants.
Personally, I think the Grazing Goat is decent but nothing special. A few minutes further walk on Upper Berkeley St in the direction of Edgware Road will get you to the Portman Pub, which I think is very good and decently priced for what you get (roughly similar in price to the Grazing Goat). Upstairs at the Portman is a fancy restaurant room which charges the exact same prices as the pub floor below. On the same cross street as the Portman are a number of places.

Locanda Locatelli is very special and high end. You must book in advance, through the concierge.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Personally, I think the Grazing Goat is decent but nothing special. A few minutes further walk on Upper Berkeley St in the direction of Edgware Road will get you to the Portman Pub, which I think is very good and decently priced for what you get (roughly similar in price to the Grazing Goat). Upstairs at the Portman is a fancy restaurant room which charges the exact same prices as the pub floor below. On the same cross street as the Portman are a number of places.

Locanda Locatelli is very special and high end. You must book in advance, through the concierge.

great choice
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Grazing Goat is great for a pint of Guiness at the end of the day. The Churchill is nice and swanky, but the Guiness is the same.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Has anybody tried to use a Explorist lounge certificate at this property (paid stay)? I don't care about the upgrades (my Diamond room was never that special) but no incentive to stay here without the breakfast.

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I did this a few days ago from LHR to Paddington.
A surprise was that they had a promo for only 15GBP instead of the normal 22. They said that business was slow during this season and they were offering a discount.
If you are a Star Alliance Gold, you can also sit in the Business/First section for free as long as you can show them your airline card (digital works) so they can verify that.
The taxi I took was 11 GBP from Paddington to the Churchill. Very easy.
If anyone is staying here now, say hi!
I always take HEX when staying in this area - it is always the fastest way to get to this part of London after a daytime flight arrival (excepting track work). It's a short taxi ride (<10GBP) to the hotels. Will never take a taxi again unless HEX is down.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Has anybody tried to use a Explorist lounge certificate at this property (paid stay)? I don't care about the upgrades (my Diamond room was never that special) but no incentive to stay here without the breakfast.

I always take HEX when staying in this area - it is always the fastest way to get to this part of London after a daytime flight arrival (excepting track work). It's a short taxi ride (<10GBP) to the hotels. Will never take a taxi again unless HEX is down.
breakfast will not be a problem

what is HEX?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by SPLP007

what is HEX?
Heathrow Express (train)

(Heathrow by Train | 15 mins from London with Heathrow Express)
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:57 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Not paid (points for me) but yes, I used a lounge cert last September and am using a second in April (also on points). https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30238811-post1425.html
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Staying here as an explorist using my cert now. Got upgraded from a base queen to a square-facing renovated king so as good as it gets per WOH T&Cs

was let in at 9am after an early morning arrival. I left LHR T3 at 8:25...it’s that quick using HEX + cab

very impressed with everything so far as an Andaz regular and first timer here. No a la carte option for club breakfast but the buffet is sufficient. We haven’t interacted much with the club staff so not sure about their rave reviews here yet

had V day dinner at Locanda locatelli last night and the food and service was phenomenal! We were sooo stuffed so they boxed us desserts to our room!

i like this HR better than Kyoto (which we stayed last month paying double the rate here and had a pretty mediocre experience for everything)
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Staying here as an explorist using my cert now. Got upgraded from a base queen to a square-facing renovated king so as good as it gets per WOH T&Cs

was let in at 9am after an early morning arrival. I left LHR T3 at 8:25...it’s that quick using HEX + cab

very impressed with everything so far as an Andaz regular and first timer here. No a la carte option for club breakfast but the buffet is sufficient. We haven’t interacted much with the club staff so not sure about their rave reviews here yet

had V day dinner at Locanda locatelli last night and the food and service was phenomenal! We were sooo stuffed so they boxed us desserts to our room!

i like this HR better than Kyoto (which we stayed last month paying double the rate here and had a pretty mediocre experience for everything)
This is definitely one of the finer HRs in the system. I felt Kyoto was middling and mediocre from my last stay experience too.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Aventine
This is definitely one of the finer HRs in the system. I felt Kyoto was middling and mediocre from my last stay experience too.
Agreed. it could easily be a Grand Hyatt.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:26 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like the ability to request cooked-to-order eggs is back for clubroom breakfast guests. Hurrah!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Looks like the ability to request cooked-to-order eggs is back for clubroom breakfast guests. Hurrah!
Was it ever not available ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.