Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Churchill London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Churchill London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 10, 14, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

What I've been told is that when the club is rather full, if you know to ask (or if they volunteer it, which happens sometimes), they will give you a voucher for the restaurant.
Old Nov 10, 14, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 2.92+ MM, Hyatt Globalist
I seem to remember getting offered the choice in the past as well. I'll be checking in later this week so I will check it out and report back!
Old Nov 13, 14, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, WN A-, AA LT Gold, IHG S/KIC, NCR EC
Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
What I've been told is that when the club is rather full, if you know to ask (or if they volunteer it, which happens sometimes), they will give you a voucher for the restaurant.
I think that was my situation, they had a Malaysian business investment conference going on, and the only way that I had my room as an award was that I had booked it nine months earlier before the award schedule changed.
Old Nov 21, 14, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Appears to have been some sort of gas explosion at the Churchill. 14 people injured and the property has been evacuated.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-30157144

http://rt.com/uk/207827-london-hyatt...ill-explosion/
Old Nov 22, 14, 1:43 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
On hold right now trying to figure out what will happen with my reservation tonight.
Old Dec 1, 14, 2:16 pm

Programs: WN, UA, Hyatt, National
We have a reservation for April of 2015. Any news or ideas about the status of the hotel?
Old Dec 1, 14, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Jacob Edelman View Post
We have a reservation for April of 2015. Any news or ideas about the status of the hotel?
There's a dedicated thread about the explosion/rebookings. I would be very surprised if the property was not running at full speed by April '15.
Old Mar 14, 15, 2:05 am

1st time to Hyatt Churchill

Hi. Going to Hyatt Churchill (and London) with the wife for the first time next month. So glad they are reopening in a few days. Staying 3 nights on C+P and DSU. Searched through previous posts, but would like additional advice.

Would it be a general consensus that a suite with balcony facing Portman Square be the most preferable? Any contact email I can use to request the room?

What would be the recommended convenient way (without breaking the bank) to get from Heathrow to the hotel? Heathrow Express to Paddington Station + Taxi or UberExec directly to hotel?

Thanks in advance for the advice and information.
Old Mar 14, 15, 7:21 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by TravelBug1314 View Post
Hi. Going to Hyatt Churchill (and London) with the wife for the first time next month. So glad they are reopening in a few days. Staying 3 nights on C+P and DSU. Searched through previous posts, but would like additional advice.

Would it be a general consensus that a suite with balcony facing Portman Square be the most preferable? Any contact email I can use to request the room?

What would be the recommended convenient way (without breaking the bank) to get from Heathrow to the hotel? Heathrow Express to Paddington Station + Taxi or UberExec directly to hotel?

Yes Portman square is indeed the nicest view, lots of trees and a pretty square. The other view is of the inside of the U of the building so not as appealing.
I would suggest calling to secure the room.
For transfers, heathrow express to paddington and then the tube to Bond Street is the cheapest. The hotel is about a 2 minute walk from the tube.

If you prefer to transfer all the way we have recently found blacklane to be good value on transfers.

taxi Paddington to The Churchill should be around 10-15

hope that helps
Old Mar 14, 15, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs View Post
For transfers, heathrow express to paddington and then the tube to Bond Street is the cheapest. The hotel is about a 2 minute walk from the tube.

Heathrow Connect is 10.10GBP one way and takes 23 minutes from T1/2/3 to Paddington, Heathrow Express is 21.50 and takes 15 minutes from T/1/2/3 to Paddington.
Old Mar 14, 15, 8:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TravelBug1314 View Post

I stayed last summer on 9th floor suite facing Portman Square in a suite using DSU. Keep in mind the rooms are smaller because of the balcony. We found the rooms slightly cramped for space when we used the sofa sleeper in the extra room for my son. The balcony was nice but novelty wore off after one day. We stayed four nights and wished the room was bigger instead of balcony but its a personal preference.

I just requested the 9th floor suite facing the park when I made the reservation and they added it to the notes and hotel delivered which was very nice.

Tube transportation is cheapest option but will take about 1 hour.
Heathrow Express is good but need to take taxi as noted above for final leg to hotel. I have walked to hotel from Paddington, it took about 25 minutes and was nice after long flight and jet lag but I wouldn't recommend for a family. Its a safe area so no issues there but taxi is more convenient for sure. I have gotten used to taking the tube now so that is my go to option.
Old Mar 14, 15, 8:34 am

Programs: AA,AS,BA,WN,Hyatt,Marriott
Yes Portman square is indeed the nicest view, lots of trees and a pretty square. The other view is of the inside of the U of the building so not as appealing.

If you prefer to transfer all the way we have recently found blacklane to be good value on transfers.

hope that helps
Just so the OP isn't misled- Bond Street tube station is a whole lot further than 2 minutes from the hotel if you're walking- more like 10-12 minutes. It is 2 minutes by taxi.
Old Mar 14, 15, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JIMCHI View Post
Just so the OP isn't misled- Bond Street tube station is a whole lot further than 2 minutes from the hotel if you're walking- more like 10-12 minutes. It is 2 minutes by taxi.
I use Marble Arch stop but that is another hop on the tube Central line. Then its a 5 minute walk to hotel approximately....
Old Mar 14, 15, 10:45 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody

For value I find 247 transfers a much better value (and reliable)- especially if you sign up and get the member discount.
Have not used blacklane yet.
Old Mar 14, 15, 12:12 pm

hope that helps
Thank you and others that chimed in. All the information is indeed very helpful. Thanks again. I think I'll just request suite facing Portman Square. Don't really have a preference about the balcony.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: