Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Thanks for the update on your stay. You are staying with two kids, are your kids over the age of 12? I have been told that the hotel will charge you an extra 50 GBP per day for kids staying with you that are 12+ in age.....

I'm staying at the Churchill in August with my 15 year old son and want to know if this extra charge per night is true?
In most parts of the world, age 13 and older are considered an adult. The Churchill generally charges Ł30/night for a 3rd adult.

Last edited by OsakaWino; May 29, 2014 at 2:21 pm
Old May 29, 2014, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Last year we stayed in a suite which had a balcony, but I can't remember on which floor. We are returning this year but just staying in a Club room but would like a balcony. Can anyone tell me which floor those are on? Also, are the rooms with the balconies smaller because of the space that the balcony takes up?

Thanks for any advice.
Balconies are only on the 9th floor regency suites. There are no non-suite rooms with balconies.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
This is a cool tool to check out hotel room floor plans:
https://www.room77.com/floor_plan_st...3xGA&id=cHG0AR

I read recently, not sure if it was FT thread or elsewhere, that said balconies were on 9 and the balcony rooms were smaller.
The floor plans are nice, but do not take into account the newly (2012?) remodelled suites on the 7th and 8th floors. The photos and floor plan in the review upthread are of a suite on the 7th floor. The 8th floor is very similar to the 8th floor with exception of the addition of the 2 lounges on the 8th.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Balconies are only on the 9th floor regency suites. There are no non-suite rooms with balconies.
Thanks VERY much- that's exactly the information I wanted.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Thanks VERY much- that's exactly the information I wanted.
I should have said there are no "standard" non-suite rooms with balconies. I'm not sure if there might be some portion of the presidential suite on the 9th floor that ends up being a non-suite room with a balcony, but in any case you could not secure that in advance.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
... food halls at Selfridges & Marks & Spencers are spot on
If you're still there, Selfridges Food Hall most often has some fancy deserts at 70% off after around 8-8:30 pm; nice to bring back to the lounge and have with a pot of tea.
Old May 30, 2014, 7:01 am

Is there a microwave oven at the lounge? Or can a guest ask to use one?
Old May 30, 2014, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
In most parts of the world, age 13 and older are considered an adult. The Churchill generally charges Ł30/night for a 3rd adult.
For staying at hotels maybe. Not for other purposes (voting, drinking etc).
Old May 30, 2014, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
For staying at hotels maybe. Not for other purposes (voting, drinking etc).
I was addressing only the OP's question and referring only to rate policies at Hyatt hotels.

I certainly did not see a microwave for guest use, and I tend to doubt that there is one available, but Selfridges has lots of salad type prepared dishes (shrimp, duck, veggies, etc) that are intended to be eaten cold.

Last edited by OsakaWino; May 30, 2014 at 10:38 am
Old May 30, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Is there a microwave oven at the lounge? Or can a guest ask to use one?
There isn't one in the lounge.

If you must have one, then I would contact the hotel in advance to facilitate this request.
Old May 30, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
There's one in the kitchen of the lounge. We had asked to see if we could reheat some cold stuff we got from Selfridges last night as we were out on Oxford while the evening canapes was going on. My wife came up rather sheepishly with two of the club lounge employees with full silver/plate/white napkin presentation of our food. That's service above and beyond!
Old May 31, 2014, 12:21 am

We had a very good 6-night stay here in a Regency Suite using a My Elite Rate and a DSU at the beginning of May. Was hoping for an upgrade to an Executive Suite, but that did not come about. However, they did remember our preference for one of the remodeled suites with a walk-in closet facing the street rather than a courtyard, and it was on the same floor as the lounge, so that was nice. Couple of small problems: the handset on the desk telephone wasn’t working (they replaced it) and the 2-prong electrical outlet was dead (they brought up a plug adaptor).

It’s nice that they give Diamonds the premium high-speed internet at no charge, but I wish they would mention it at check-in or have an information sheet. I have asked both times and was told to simply accept the whopping high charge. It then shows up if the account is accessed on the TV, but does not appear on the bill.

I liked last year how the complimentary water was one bottle each of sparkling and still, but this year it was only still. But maybe many guests will prefer the plastic bottles they have now over the glass ones they had last year. The sparkling water is available in the lounge, so it is not a problem.

Some changes in the lounge offerings that I thought were nice improvements. At breakfast, as mentioned upthread, they no longer have any hot meat dish. But last year it was 9 mornings of scrambled eggs and bacon every single day, which seemed more than a bit boring. They still have 2 hot dishes, but now both eggs: the usual scrambled eggs and poached eggs in a ramekin topped with Hollandaise sauce and with a slight variation each day (mushrooms, ham, salmon, ketchup, etc). The Hollandaise sauce tends to look rather unappetizing after sitting in the warmer for a while, but it actually tasted pretty good.

The evening service is now much improved over last year in terms of variety. Last year it was a 2-day rotation between smoked salmon and peppered smoked salmon (meaning hardly any rotation at all), with 90% of the rest of the offerings being the same each night. This year they have “themes” - English, Italian, Mediterranean, and Asian, with most of the food items changing with each theme. They also passed out more small hot items this year. Another big improvement over last year was that both lounges were open in the evening this year. On a couple of nights last year it was so crowded with just one side open that they had to open the meeting room and ask strangers to share tables with each other. This year it was never empty, but nor was it ever so full as to feel overcrowded.

All in all a very good stay, and an excellent value at the My Elite Rate.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:05 pm

Club Lounge Charge

Having stayed at the Churchill once before on the Club level, we certainly would like to repeat the experience. However, I see booking with reward points, there isn't a club level reward offered. Does the Churchill offer a charge to enter the lounge for "reward" guests? Or a charge to book club level rooms? ( I am Platinum)
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by pjack
Having stayed at the Churchill once before on the Club level, we certainly would like to repeat the experience. However, I see booking with reward points, there isn't a club level reward offered. Does the Churchill offer a charge to enter the lounge for "reward" guests? Or a charge to book club level rooms? ( I am Platinum)
You can try calling Gold Passport and see if you can use a 3,000 points per night Regency Club upgrade. That may come out of a different inventory not available online.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 7:01 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by pjack
One can pay a supplemental fee to access lounge at check in if a club room is unavailable at booking unless the hotel has unusually high occupancy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.