Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
Forgive me if this has been answered: I usually stay at the Andaz but for biz purposes, my wife wants the Churchill. Best tube route to hotel? We are using a suite upgrade and wondered what kind of suite will we receive? Can diamonds choose brekkie in restaurant? Best pub for biz meeting nearby?
Closest tube stop is Marble Arch, but Bond Street isn't far either. Coming from Heathrow, I'd take the Piccadilly line to Green Park and transfer to the Jubilee line for one stop (or get off the Piccadilly line at Hyde Park Corner and walk 10 minutes to Portman Square, easy to do if luggage isn't an issue and the weather is nice).

Suite will be nice, full one bed room with spacious living room; this is a very civilized hotel. As far as pub for business meeting, I'd use The Churchill, a separate bar on the first floor of the hotel - not the lobby bar, The Churchill is a separate and comfortable (but not pub-like) bar reachable from the lobby social area or via a streetside entrance. Go in and ask the staff to reserve a quiet table for you, and they'll be happy to accommodate. I wouldn't suggest most pubs as a great place for a business meeting: the good ones are often crowded and noisy, that's kind of the whole point of a pub.

But, if pub you must, The Running Footman is a classic and not too far away; Devonshire Arms is also quite representative. Have a great trip!
Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:10 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another way to get to the hotel is to take the Heathrow Connect train (runs once every 30 minutes) to Ealing Broadway and transfer there to the Central line to Marble Arch. This will be more expensive as the Connect ticket costs GBP7.70, but should be faster if you hit the train schedule right.

I cannot imagine holding a business meeting in the Churchill bar/restaurant although I see that some people do. I'd consider the Portman, which is a few blocks away and is owned by the same company that owns the Running Footman. Very nice restaurant upstairs at the Portman.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:35 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Best tube route to hotel?
From where? The hotel is convenient to three tube stations. Marble Arch is closest but I think Bond Street offers the more interesting (sight-seeing) walk. Baker Street is the other possibility and the longest walk. Be prepared for a hike: these are LONG blocks. Churchill certainly can't match the convenience of Andaz Liverpool Street which is literally on top of the tube and train station.[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Hyatt Churchill London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Sorry - from Heathrow
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Sorry - from Heathrow
Other than taking a taxi or car service, I've found that it's easier to take the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station and then a taxi from there (about 10-15 minutes and about GBP12 for the taxi). Navigating the Tube with luggage can be a challenge.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Other than taking a taxi or car service, I've found that it's easier to take the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station and then a taxi from there (about 10-15 minutes and about GBP12 for the taxi). Navigating the Tube with luggage can be a challenge.
I would do Heathrow Connect and taxi if on your own (taxi has never cost me more than about £8). With 2, I would get a car service for around £55 (not just a taxi as this can be £80).
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Best pub for biz meeting nearby?
The Grazing Goat on New Quebec Street serves good food, easy to find, very close to the hotel but far enough from Oxford Street to avoid the crowd/confusion of that area. The Churchill pub (already mentioned) is also a good option - but if price is a consideration, you'd be well served to avoid anything w/in the hotel itself.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by bdemaria
The Grazing Goat on New Quebec Street serves good food, easy to find, very close to the hotel but far enough from Oxford Street to avoid the crowd/confusion of that area. The Churchill pub (already mentioned) is also a good option - but if price is a consideration, you'd be well served to avoid anything w/in the hotel itself.
I tried the Grazing Goat on my last visit. It was OK but not spectacular. If you book, you eat up one flight in a room that looks pretty much exactly like the ground floor and has the same menu.

The best food close to the hotel? It's very clear, it's at Locanda Locatelli.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:03 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Stayed there last weekend.

The best thing that happened there was finding Chu back in the lounge. What a great guy and awesome employee whom Hyatt is lucky to have.

He knows customer service! If you don't know him, search him out and say hi.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Stayed there last weekend.

The best thing that happened there was finding Chu back in the lounge. What a great guy and awesome employee whom Hyatt is lucky to have.

He knows customer service! If you don't know him, search him out and say hi.
Happy to hear that Chu is back in the lounge, and hope he is still there for our stay in May. I was surprised when I heard that he had moved to the front desk, where his talents would be mostly wasted.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Happy to hear that Chu is back in the lounge, and hope he is still there for our stay in May. I was surprised when I heard that he had moved to the front desk, where his talents would be mostly wasted.
Hope he's there next month. Anyone know if Gita's back from maternity yet?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I tried the Grazing Goat on my last visit. It was OK but not spectacular. If you book, you eat up one flight in a room that looks pretty much exactly like the ground floor and has the same menu.

The best food close to the hotel? It's very clear, it's at Locanda Locatelli.
Indeed the food at Locanda locatelli is far superior to the GG, but the ? wasn't best food, rather the ? I answered: best pub nearby for a meeting.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by bdemaria
Indeed the food at Locanda locatelli is far superior to the GG, but the ? wasn't best food, rather the ? I answered: best pub nearby for a meeting.
Good point, but even then I still wouldn't pick the Grazing Goat. I'd walk two blocks further and go upstairs at the Portman.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Good point, but even then I still wouldn't pick the Grazing Goat. I'd walk two blocks further and go upstairs at the Portman.
Richard, you obviously know the location well. What other restaurants walkable would you recommend? Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Richard, you obviously know the location well. What other restaurants walkable would you recommend? Thanks.
If you like Indian food, Roti Chai is very close, 2 blocks away. I liked it so much that after my first meal there I went back the next day for another meal.

Very close to the hotel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.