Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
I would love a Japan Hyatt DO!

China is another country where a Hyatt DO would be smashing too.
Seoul would be nice.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:15 am

It looks like everyone at the DO stayed on the 8th floor

The hotel's website says that all of the Regency King Suites are on the 7th and 9th floors. So all these on the 8th floor are Executive Suites?

Very unlikely that they'l give us an Executive Suite for 9 nights on our first stay, but I thought I'd at least express a preference that they might be able to meet. Right now it sounds like we'd prefer one of the suites with a walk-in closet on the 7th floor.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:52 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by OsakaWino

The hotel's website says that all of the Regency King Suites are on the 7th and 9th floors. So all these on the 8th floor are Executive Suites?
Definitely not everyone was on the 8th floor - Markie was on the 7th and Jenny was on the 9th in the Presidential and one of the Norwegians was on the 9th in a regular room. It is very unlikely that they could put everyone from the Do on the 8th floor.

I'm not sure what category 820 is called - from the website pictures the suite doesn't appear to be either - it could be that it's a "new" category of suite from the renovation as mentioned a few months ago (in a post above). It's also more of a "junior" suite since the living area and bedroom area are not completely separated by a door and full wall - they're separated by a full height wall with openings for walking through on both ends of the wall. Even though 820 is probably one of the smallest "suites" that they have, I was perfectly happy with it especially being able to checkin upon arrival before 10 am.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by peteropny
Definitely not everyone was on the 8th floor - Markie was on the 7th and Jenny was on the 9th in the Presidential and one of the Norwegians was on the 9th in a regular room. It is very unlikely that they could put everyone from the Do on the 8th floor.

I'm not sure what category 820 is called - from the website pictures the suite doesn't appear to be either - it could be that it's a "new" category of suite from the renovation as mentioned a few months ago (in a post above). It's also more of a "junior" suite since the living area and bedroom area are not completely separated by a door and full wall - they're separated by a full height wall with openings for walking through on both ends of the wall. Even though 820 is probably one of the smallest "suites" that they have, I was perfectly happy with it especially being able to checkin upon arrival before 10 am.
I think the pictures on driven2travel are of 820. This is classed as a Regency Suite King, but does feel smaller than those on the 9th. I think we prefer these but all the suites are good. None are huge - this is London - but all definitely good enough. I think you can worry too much about which suite you prefer and risk thinking you may have chosen the wrong one and spoiling your stay.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum

Very unlikely that they'l give us an Executive Suite for 9 nights on our first stay, but I thought I'd at least express a preference that they might be able to meet. Right now it sounds like we'd prefer one of the suites with a walk-in closet on the 7th floor.
They've actually put me on the 6th floor (probably because I checked in late) but in a Regency Executive Suite, 623 on the corner which has proper separation between the bedroom and living room. Both areas were a reasonably size in my opinion, definitely more than I was expecting and I didn't feel crammed. If people want I will post some photos.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:41 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

....I'm not sure what category 820 is called - from the website pictures the suite doesn't appear to be either - it could be that it's a "new" category of suite from the renovation as mentioned a few months ago (in a post above). It's also more of a "junior" suite since the living area and bedroom area are not completely separated by a door and full wall - they're separated by a full height wall with openings for walking through on both ends of the wall. Even though 820 is probably one of the smallest "suites" that they have, I was perfectly happy with it especially being able to checkin upon arrival before 10 am.
They tried to put me in this type of room the last time I was there and I rejected it. I'm pretty sure they call it a suite and it's a decent room, but it's probably only half the size of the executive suites at the end of each hallway or around the corner from the lifts.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au

I was also on the 9th floor. I saw a number of DO-ers on that floor too.

I only met one guy on the 8th floor.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:10 pm

I was also on the 9th floor. I saw a number of DO-ers on that floor too.

I only met one guy on the 8th floor.
We're you in one of the suites with a balcony?

At first I thought we'd like to have a balcony, but then realized that we'll never have a chance to sit out there, so the only thing we'd use it for would be to step out for a look around.

The hotel's site lists the Regency Suite, which is the only thing we are assured on the Diamond suite upgrade, as being all 53 m2 and all on the 7th and 9th floors, so I'd thought I'd express a preference for either 7F or 9F. If their actually the same size, the walk-in close sounds good for a stay this long. Also, I know that a lot of people prefer completely separate rooms with a door between them, for just the 2 of us we'd rather have a semi-open design, as we think it has a roomier feel.

Whatever we get, I'm sure we won't be disappointed. I'm really happy to be able to put the Diamond suite upgrades to good use.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 1:07 pm

We're you in one of the suites with a balcony?

At first I thought we'd like to have a balcony, but then realized that we'll never have a chance to sit out there, so the only thing we'd use it for would be to step out for a look around.

The hotel's site lists the Regency Suite, which is the only thing we are assured on the Diamond suite upgrade, as being all 53 m2 and all on the 7th and 9th floors, so I'd thought I'd express a preference for either 7F or 9F. If their actually the same size, the walk-in close sounds good for a stay this long. Also, I know that a lot of people prefer completely separate rooms with a door between them, for just the 2 of us we'd rather have a semi-open design, as we think it has a roomier feel.

Whatever we get, I'm sure we won't be disappointed. I'm really happy to be able to put the Diamond suite upgrades to good use.
I didn't have a balcony, room 907, though the room next door did (909 I believe). I like the size of that suite but personally I prefer 922 (if I recall correctly), which is what someone else from the DO got. It had a balcony and 2 washrooms. The balcony there overlooked portman square.

I always enjoy hotel suites. No matter which hotel it is.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I didn't have a balcony, room 907, though the room next door did (909 I believe). I like the size of that suite but personally I prefer 922 (if I recall correctly), which is what someone else from the DO got. It had a balcony and 2 washrooms. The balcony there overlooked portman square.

I always enjoy hotel suites. No matter which hotel it is.
909 and 910 are bigger parts of Presidential suite. I haven't seen these but guess they are executive suites or higher. I don't think I've seen the suite you've described but with 2 washrooms it may be an executive suite.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by price123
909 and 910 are bigger parts of Presidential suite. I haven't seen these but guess they are executive suites or higher. I don't think I've seen the suite you've described but with 2 washrooms it may be an executive suite.
Probably is.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
I stayed in an Executive Suite on 8th floor, it had an additional halfth bathroom and some kind of door between bedroom and living room.

I would guess thats the standard layout fpr their 2nd level suite, the entry level suite are more like a junior suite with an open room concept, right?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by nighthawkrs
I stayed in an Executive Suite on 8th floor, it had an additional halfth bathroom and some kind of door between bedroom and living room.

I would guess thats the standard layout fpr their 2nd level suite, the entry level suite are more like a junior suite with an open room concept, right?
Not sure about that, but the suite I stayed in had a living room and separate bedroom.

That was also my first stay at that hotel.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Not sure about that, but the suite I stayed in had a living room and separate bedroom.

That was also my first stay at that hotel.
Did you use your suite upgrade my friend?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by HaryoS
Did you use your suite upgrade my friend?
Of course I did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.