Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Churchill London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Churchill London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 31, 12, 8:09 am
  #661  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Osaka
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Posts: 2,835
Originally Posted by DHalltheway View Post
I would love a Japan Hyatt DO!

China is another country where a Hyatt DO would be smashing too.
Seoul would be nice.
OsakaWino is offline  
Old Oct 31, 12, 8:15 am
  #662  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Osaka
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Posts: 2,835
It looks like everyone at the DO stayed on the 8th floor

The hotel's website says that all of the Regency King Suites are on the 7th and 9th floors. So all these on the 8th floor are Executive Suites?

Very unlikely that they'l give us an Executive Suite for 9 nights on our first stay, but I thought I'd at least express a preference that they might be able to meet. Right now it sounds like we'd prefer one of the suites with a walk-in closet on the 7th floor.
OsakaWino is offline  
Old Oct 31, 12, 8:52 am
  #663  
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: CVG
Posts: 15,241
Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
It looks like everyone at the DO stayed on the 8th floor

The hotel's website says that all of the Regency King Suites are on the 7th and 9th floors. So all these on the 8th floor are Executive Suites?
Definitely not everyone was on the 8th floor - Markie was on the 7th and Jenny was on the 9th in the Presidential and one of the Norwegians was on the 9th in a regular room. It is very unlikely that they could put everyone from the Do on the 8th floor.

I'm not sure what category 820 is called - from the website pictures the suite doesn't appear to be either - it could be that it's a "new" category of suite from the renovation as mentioned a few months ago (in a post above). It's also more of a "junior" suite since the living area and bedroom area are not completely separated by a door and full wall - they're separated by a full height wall with openings for walking through on both ends of the wall. Even though 820 is probably one of the smallest "suites" that they have, I was perfectly happy with it especially being able to checkin upon arrival before 10 am.
peteropny is offline  
Old Oct 31, 12, 9:18 am
  #664  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Posts: 1,965
Originally Posted by peteropny View Post
Definitely not everyone was on the 8th floor - Markie was on the 7th and Jenny was on the 9th in the Presidential and one of the Norwegians was on the 9th in a regular room. It is very unlikely that they could put everyone from the Do on the 8th floor.

I'm not sure what category 820 is called - from the website pictures the suite doesn't appear to be either - it could be that it's a "new" category of suite from the renovation as mentioned a few months ago (in a post above). It's also more of a "junior" suite since the living area and bedroom area are not completely separated by a door and full wall - they're separated by a full height wall with openings for walking through on both ends of the wall. Even though 820 is probably one of the smallest "suites" that they have, I was perfectly happy with it especially being able to checkin upon arrival before 10 am.
I think the pictures on driven2travel are of 820. This is classed as a Regency Suite King, but does feel smaller than those on the 9th. I think we prefer these but all the suites are good. None are huge - this is London - but all definitely good enough. I think you can worry too much about which suite you prefer and risk thinking you may have chosen the wrong one and spoiling your stay.
price123 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 12, 11:26 am
  #665  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Posts: 1,212
Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
It looks like everyone at the DO stayed on the 8th floor

The hotel's website says that all of the Regency King Suites are on the 7th and 9th floors. So all these on the 8th floor are Executive Suites?

Very unlikely that they'l give us an Executive Suite for 9 nights on our first stay, but I thought I'd at least express a preference that they might be able to meet. Right now it sounds like we'd prefer one of the suites with a walk-in closet on the 7th floor.
They've actually put me on the 6th floor (probably because I checked in late) but in a Regency Executive Suite, 623 on the corner which has proper separation between the bedroom and living room. Both areas were a reasonably size in my opinion, definitely more than I was expecting and I didn't feel crammed. If people want I will post some photos.
crystak is offline  
Old Oct 31, 12, 11:41 am
  #666  
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, California,USA
Posts: 17,241
Originally Posted by peteropny View Post
....I'm not sure what category 820 is called - from the website pictures the suite doesn't appear to be either - it could be that it's a "new" category of suite from the renovation as mentioned a few months ago (in a post above). It's also more of a "junior" suite since the living area and bedroom area are not completely separated by a door and full wall - they're separated by a full height wall with openings for walking through on both ends of the wall. Even though 820 is probably one of the smallest "suites" that they have, I was perfectly happy with it especially being able to checkin upon arrival before 10 am.
They tried to put me in this type of room the last time I was there and I rejected it. I'm pretty sure they call it a suite and it's a decent room, but it's probably only half the size of the executive suites at the end of each hallway or around the corner from the lifts.
RichardInSF is offline  
Old Oct 31, 12, 1:43 pm
  #667  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Posts: 3,772
Originally Posted by peteropny View Post
Definitely not everyone was on the 8th floor - Markie was on the 7th and Jenny was on the 9th in the Presidential and one of the Norwegians was on the 9th in a regular room. It is very unlikely that they could put everyone from the Do on the 8th floor.

I'm not sure what category 820 is called - from the website pictures the suite doesn't appear to be either - it could be that it's a "new" category of suite from the renovation as mentioned a few months ago (in a post above). It's also more of a "junior" suite since the living area and bedroom area are not completely separated by a door and full wall - they're separated by a full height wall with openings for walking through on both ends of the wall. Even though 820 is probably one of the smallest "suites" that they have, I was perfectly happy with it especially being able to checkin upon arrival before 10 am.
I was also on the 9th floor. I saw a number of DO-ers on that floor too.

I only met one guy on the 8th floor.
DHalltheway is offline  
Old Oct 31, 12, 11:10 pm
  #668  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Osaka
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Posts: 2,835
Originally Posted by DHalltheway View Post
I was also on the 9th floor. I saw a number of DO-ers on that floor too.

I only met one guy on the 8th floor.
We're you in one of the suites with a balcony?

At first I thought we'd like to have a balcony, but then realized that we'll never have a chance to sit out there, so the only thing we'd use it for would be to step out for a look around.

The hotel's site lists the Regency Suite, which is the only thing we are assured on the Diamond suite upgrade, as being all 53 m2 and all on the 7th and 9th floors, so I'd thought I'd express a preference for either 7F or 9F. If their actually the same size, the walk-in close sounds good for a stay this long. Also, I know that a lot of people prefer completely separate rooms with a door between them, for just the 2 of us we'd rather have a semi-open design, as we think it has a roomier feel.

Whatever we get, I'm sure we won't be disappointed. I'm really happy to be able to put the Diamond suite upgrades to good use.
OsakaWino is offline  
Old Nov 1, 12, 1:07 pm
  #669  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Posts: 3,772
Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
We're you in one of the suites with a balcony?

At first I thought we'd like to have a balcony, but then realized that we'll never have a chance to sit out there, so the only thing we'd use it for would be to step out for a look around.

The hotel's site lists the Regency Suite, which is the only thing we are assured on the Diamond suite upgrade, as being all 53 m2 and all on the 7th and 9th floors, so I'd thought I'd express a preference for either 7F or 9F. If their actually the same size, the walk-in close sounds good for a stay this long. Also, I know that a lot of people prefer completely separate rooms with a door between them, for just the 2 of us we'd rather have a semi-open design, as we think it has a roomier feel.

Whatever we get, I'm sure we won't be disappointed. I'm really happy to be able to put the Diamond suite upgrades to good use.
I didn't have a balcony, room 907, though the room next door did (909 I believe). I like the size of that suite but personally I prefer 922 (if I recall correctly), which is what someone else from the DO got. It had a balcony and 2 washrooms. The balcony there overlooked portman square.

I always enjoy hotel suites. No matter which hotel it is.
DHalltheway is offline  
Old Nov 1, 12, 2:04 pm
  #670  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Posts: 1,965
Originally Posted by DHalltheway View Post
I didn't have a balcony, room 907, though the room next door did (909 I believe). I like the size of that suite but personally I prefer 922 (if I recall correctly), which is what someone else from the DO got. It had a balcony and 2 washrooms. The balcony there overlooked portman square.

I always enjoy hotel suites. No matter which hotel it is.
909 and 910 are bigger parts of Presidential suite. I haven't seen these but guess they are executive suites or higher. I don't think I've seen the suite you've described but with 2 washrooms it may be an executive suite.
price123 is offline  
Old Nov 1, 12, 2:41 pm
  #671  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Posts: 3,772
Originally Posted by price123 View Post
909 and 910 are bigger parts of Presidential suite. I haven't seen these but guess they are executive suites or higher. I don't think I've seen the suite you've described but with 2 washrooms it may be an executive suite.
Probably is.
DHalltheway is offline  
Old Nov 1, 12, 2:58 pm
  #672  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
Posts: 224
I stayed in an Executive Suite on 8th floor, it had an additional halfth bathroom and some kind of door between bedroom and living room.

I would guess thats the standard layout fpr their 2nd level suite, the entry level suite are more like a junior suite with an open room concept, right?
nighthawkrs is offline  
Old Nov 1, 12, 3:04 pm
  #673  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Posts: 3,772
Originally Posted by nighthawkrs View Post
I stayed in an Executive Suite on 8th floor, it had an additional halfth bathroom and some kind of door between bedroom and living room.

I would guess thats the standard layout fpr their 2nd level suite, the entry level suite are more like a junior suite with an open room concept, right?
Not sure about that, but the suite I stayed in had a living room and separate bedroom.

That was also my first stay at that hotel.
DHalltheway is offline  
Old Nov 1, 12, 3:12 pm
  #674  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by DHalltheway View Post
Not sure about that, but the suite I stayed in had a living room and separate bedroom.

That was also my first stay at that hotel.
Did you use your suite upgrade my friend?
HaryoS is offline  
Old Nov 1, 12, 3:43 pm
  #675  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Posts: 3,772
Originally Posted by HaryoS View Post
Did you use your suite upgrade my friend?
Of course I did.
DHalltheway is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: