Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Thank you Halothane, I had not heard of this but googled it and came up with the info. It appears that for 1/2 the price of the Express, you get in 10 mins later than the express. I am sold, especially since I will be arriving at LHR at around 10 PM -- too late for the Underground and also alot easier on the back since I won't need to haul suitcases up and down stairs. I will then cab it to the hotel from Paddington.
We took Heathrow Connect for an early morning flight and found it to be a great value compared to the Express. I would usually choose the Tube, but the Connect was a good compromise.

As for the Churchill, it was excellent from the accommodations to the customer service.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by IcHot
We took Heathrow Connect for an early morning flight and found it to be a great value compared to the Express. I would usually choose the Tube, but the Connect was a good compromise.

As for the Churchill, it was excellent from the accommodations to the customer service.

Thanks IC.

We are going to overnight at the Renaissance Heathrow s we arrive well after 9 pm, and then we will take the Connect into town. My wife does not want to lug her luggage up and down the steps in the Tube so as you this will be a good comp between the exobitant Express and the inexpensive Tube.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I believe there is an FT thread on Heathrow Express promo rates. There is usually one code for discounted tickets and another for a free upgrade into first. Also, one should buy the tickets before landing at LHR. If you buy on site, you pay extra.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 7:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by VA1379
I believe there is an FT thread on Heathrow Express promo rates. There is usually one code for discounted tickets and another for a free upgrade into first. Also, one should buy the tickets before landing at LHR. If you buy on site, you pay extra.
Many, many thanks, VA! I would not have known about this promotion had it not been for you!

It appears that this promotion can be found on both the H/R Connect and H/R Express websites -- the Connect promo only requies singe/one - way purchases, though.

Inasmuch as I also will be deaparting LHR, as well, the return promo on the H/R Express is the one I will opt for.

The single H/R Connect tix costs 7.90 GBP.

For an extra 10 pence each way, I can afford to feel like a big spender!

By the way, both websites advertise and supply a reward promotion code for one to take advantage of their respective offers.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Jul 24, 2010 at 4:05 pm
Old Jul 24, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I found out about it when planning for my second trip to England this spring. The gap between buying a ticket ahead of time and at LHR is something like 3-4 pounds for a one way fare in economy for Express IIRC.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:57 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by VA1379
Could someone please point a link to that FT thread? I'm having trouble finding it for some reason.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:22 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's cleverly hidden away in the UK forum so it won't be seen by hardly anyone!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=14479
Old Jul 24, 2010, 6:10 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
i'll be going for the first time to london next week. we get in late to lhr so we're going to stay at the sheraton skyline the first night, then we head to the churchill. any advice on the best way of getting there? traveling with 3 adults and 2 kids and probably 6 pieces of luggage. i figure that's too much to fit in one cab, and two cabs will cost a ton. on the other hand, to do the tube and have to do steps and walking with all that luggage will be a killer. suggestions?
Old Jul 24, 2010, 6:20 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
It would probably work out well to ask the hotel to arrange a limousine that is a 4WD like a Range Rover.

Otherwise send 2 adults and the luggage ahead, and the rest can tube to Marble Arch. It's about 2 blocks away from the hotel.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler; Alaska MVP Gold 100K
Club Floor Upgrade?

My partner and I are staying at the Churchill using Hyatt Gift Certificates. While booking online there was a prompt for a standby Club Floor Upgrade with a 100 pound supplement (plus VAT). We're sort of split 50/50 about accepting the offer.

Have not been to this property. Is it worth spending the extra money? Or, save it?

Thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 7:58 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The club offers private check-in and check-out, hot and cold breakfast, afternoon tea, canapers and cocktails of an evening. If you will eat in the hotel it is worth it IMHO, particularly when you factor in the cost of food in the UK, and alcohol at standard hotel prices.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 2:51 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United Platinum, Hyatt Globalist & Bonvoy Titanium
Is 300 Pounds Per Night in January High?

I'm staying at this property in early January. I booked four nights using points and have four paid nights using a Diamond upgrade. The rate is about 300 pounds per night which seems a little high given Claridges is usually about 280 pounds per night that time of year. Does anyone know if the rates will come down by then and are there connecting standard rooms to suites? Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
It depends whether you want to stay on a weekend or midweek. Midweek that would not be high. At the weekend I would expect nearer 200/night
Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by WeedOCSD
... are there connecting standard rooms to suites? Thanks!
I recently stayed in a Regency Executive Suite which had a door that appeared to connect to the adjacent room.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:31 am

Yes, there are 1BR-Suites that connect to a standard room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.