Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2010, 8:05 pm

Never been to Europe, and I am likely to stay here w/ suite cert. but, smoking rooms are an issue for us, 2 asthmatics. Is there a way to guarantee non-smoking rooms, and how are the suites?
Old May 22, 2010, 9:56 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
You can specify non-smoking when making the reservation online, and also remind the Diamond Line rep when applying the e-cert.

The suites are fine, but I did find them on the small side, then again it's London. I would actually consider these junior suites even though they have a separating door.
Old May 23, 2010, 6:37 am

Well, we'd have 3 people, so the extra room is important, I know it's probably not, but is the sofa a sofa bed? Or do we have to get a rollaway?
Old May 23, 2010, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
You can specify non-smoking when making the reservation online, and also remind the Diamond Line rep when applying the e-cert.

The suites are fine, but I did find them on the small side, then again it's London. I would actually consider these junior suites even though they have a separating door.
Well, London hotel rooms are not usually large but the suites in the Churchill are not small by any standard.
Old May 23, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by MarriottHotelsFan
Never been to Europe, and I am likely to stay here w/ suite cert. but, smoking rooms are an issue for us, 2 asthmatics. Is there a way to guarantee non-smoking rooms, and how are the suites?
I stayed in a suite a few weeks back here. It was a smoking suite and I could NOT detect a smoke smell. The size was good for London.
Old May 23, 2010, 10:15 am
Original Member

Has anyone been successful in using a Diamond suite upgrade on a two day stay where the first day is an award and second day is paid to get a suite on both days?

If so, can you advise on how to get it done?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 23, 2010, 5:35 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by MarriottHotelsFan
Well, we'd have 3 people, so the extra room is important, I know it's probably not, but is the sofa a sofa bed? Or do we have to get a rollaway?
I'm at The Churchill right now, having used a suite certificate for a 6-night stay. It's on the 9th floor, overlooking Portman Square and has a small balcony with 2 chairs and a little side table in between the chairs. The balcony gets morning into mid-afternoon sun, it's been a lovely weekend, and it's a nice place to relax. Although there is a divider between the areas for each room, it is a lattice-type design without any greenery or other material in the holes, so you can see the entire length of the building.

As to your question, the sofa bed is not a sleeper. However, I've stretched out on it, I'm 6 ft., and it just about accommodates me. Moving a roll-away bed in would make for tight quarters, but it could be done.

This is a smoking permitted floor, and I'm one of those who wants a non-smoking room. However, as pointed out elsewhere, there's not a trace of any tobacco smell in the room. In fact, 2 days went by before I noticed the smoking permitted sign on the door. I was really surprised. I think only the 9th floor rooms have balconies; you can always try switching if you somehow end up with a suite that smells, or insist on the non-smoking room and have more inside space below the 9th floor, I assume.

Otherwise, they have treated me really well here. Used the club lounge meeting room, available for up to 2 hours gratis, for a meeting of 9 people, and was able to fit and seat them all in the living room, a bit tight, of the suite when our time was up but needed to keep going.

You should contact the hotel about the sleep sofa issue. Perhaps other rooms have one.
Old May 24, 2010, 5:28 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
If you contact the hotel they will guarantee you a non-smoking suite. When we received one, it was much much bigger than the orginal 9th floor suite we had been allocated. We were at the Churchill this weekend and received an upgrade to the Royal Suite. All I can say is wow. Pictures to follow.
Old May 26, 2010, 3:05 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I have posted pictures of my stay in the Royal Suite in the Trip reports section http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...yal-suite.html
Old May 26, 2010, 4:52 am

Great upgrade! If it were me, I would actually prefer to be moved to a smaller, newer suites. It looks like they have not yet touched the largest suite back from the IC days. The decor is not my taste at all.
Old May 26, 2010, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Great upgrade! If it were me, I would actually prefer to be moved to a smaller, newer suites. It looks like they have not yet touched the largest suite back from the IC days. The decor is not my taste at all.

The decor is not what I would choose but it suits the name of the suite. I think the presidential suite is more modern but is apparently quite a bit smaller
Old May 31, 2010, 8:50 pm

Hi... I booked 3 nights here for April, 2011. Chose the hotel since we could get one free night (helps with the bill). I have never stayed in this area. Previously stayed at IC Park Lane. My questions:

1) How are the rooms (I presume they will give us the lowest category, and we will have 3 people in the room -- will we fit?)

2) Anything I should request (view, floor, etc.)?

3) How is the location. We'll be doing the normal tourist-y things like the Tower, the British Museum, Westminster Abbey, etc.

Any advice will be appreciated!
Old Jun 6, 2010, 12:29 pm

Planning to stay with the family in Nov. Would welcome the advice of regulars. Thinking of booking a standard room and using Suite upgrade for Me and the Mrs. then using awards to book a room for the 3 kids. A few questions
1) I read on this thread about corner rooms, connecting to standard room - is this what we would get if we request a suite with connecting room for the juniors? Really want non-smoking rooms does this make a differance
2) Would we all have access to the lounge as Diamond + Suite guests - I think we should?
3) How kid friendly is the Churchill and the lounge, kids are 12,11, 9 so not running about, screaming anymore (of course they never did that when they were younger)
4) Any other suggestions on best way to accomodate 5 at the Churchill
Old Jun 6, 2010, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by calibeachgal
Hi... I booked 3 nights here for April, 2011. Chose the hotel since we could get one free night (helps with the bill). I have never stayed in this area. Previously stayed at IC Park Lane. My questions:

1) How are the rooms (I presume they will give us the lowest category, and we will have 3 people in the room -- will we fit?)

2) Anything I should request (view, floor, etc.)?

3) How is the location. We'll be doing the normal tourist-y things like the Tower, the British Museum, Westminster Abbey, etc.

Any advice will be appreciated!
1) Standard rooms are well...standard. With 2 beds, depending on the size of the 3rd person, you should be ok. There is not alot of room for a roll away, which they wont allow because of the size of the room.

2) You may want to request a suite upgrade, I think it's 50-75 quid a night.

3) Location is decent, esp if you like walking. The tube is about a 5 mins walk
Old Jun 6, 2010, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by cmanc
Planning to stay with the family in Nov. Would welcome the advice of regulars. Thinking of booking a standard room and using Suite upgrade for Me and the Mrs. then using awards to book a room for the 3 kids. A few questions
1) I read on this thread about corner rooms, connecting to standard room - is this what we would get if we request a suite with connecting room for the juniors? Really want non-smoking rooms does this make a differance
2) Would we all have access to the lounge as Diamond + Suite guests - I think we should?
3) How kid friendly is the Churchill and the lounge, kids are 12,11, 9 so not running about, screaming anymore (of course they never did that when they were younger)
4) Any other suggestions on best way to accomidate 5 at the Churchill
If you get a bigger suite and add a room for the kids, that would be sufficient. You can all hang out in the living room area then sleep in ur separate bedrooms, with an additional toilet in the living room/entry way area. I didnt see any kids when I was there, but I dont see a problem with that, as long as they are allowed. Can save you a bit of money to get a quick bite before you head out. As soon as you exit the elevator on the RC floor, there are RC staff there, the door is to the right of them and avail thru room key. I think the kids will be welcomed there!!

Another way to get all of you in one room, is to get a bigger suite, have one of the kids sleep with u, get a roll away and have one sleep on the sofa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.