Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 6, 2009, 12:17 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
... No need to gain points when my 10 year will NEVER stay at a Hyatt again!
1. What does that mean?
2. This is a great property--I suggest that you not let one bad experience guide the rest of your life.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 3:52 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I had a four night stay at this property recently, Feb. 16-20, 2009. Just some points I would like to add regarding recent comments:

* Count me as one who did not get credit for this stay without requesting it from HGP. Even my HR Paris Madeleine award stay posted immediately. After two weeks I requested credit through the HGP website and received it immediately.

Regency Club Lounge--

* I received an automatic upgrade to a King bed Club Room on the same floor as the Regency Club. I did not check-in on the 8th floor Regency Club, but then again there was no one in line at the front desk of the lobby when we arrived.

* WiFi access is FREE in the Regency Club at this hotel. An access code is needed and can be obtained from the Regency Club registration desk in front of the elevators just outside of the Club. The code is only good for 24 hours, so a new code must be requested each day. The signal was strong enough to get good reception in our room on the same floor. A real bonus. ^

* Yes, the club can get crowded but we never had trouble getting a table. The service is very good in this lounge, and it is well staffed.

* It is true, the food selection is not the greatest. While hot and cold beverages are available all day long, there is no food except for a jar of cookies (although the cookies are good!) Breakfast is rather limited, with the selection of cheeses being especially disappointing (just some sliced yellow and white cheese you would find in a cheap deli sandwich). Evenings were slightly better with a selection of three or four appetizers and a good selection of cheeses.

In total our stay at this hotel was good but not great. This might have to do with the fact that we just completed a fantastic stay at the HR Paris Madeleine so we were a bit spoiled! A nice touch here was a dish with fresh fruit was left in our room each day, as well as two bottles (one still and one sparkling) of water, also refreshed each day.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 9:19 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by pdb
1. What does that mean?
2. This is a great property--I suggest that you not let one bad experience guide the rest of your life.

1-The reason I stay at any chain for business ~130+ nts/yr is to gain points to use for vacation. My 10 yr old got "screwed" out of his own bed in a suite..something he looked forward to.

2-After speaking to the GM at this hotel...it is NOT run by "great" mngt. So...subpar mngt=subpar hote to me. I have stayed at MUCH better run Holiday Inns.

YMMV
Old Mar 7, 2009, 2:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Intercontinental RA/BA/BMI/Virgin
Diamont amenity

I forgot to say, this is either a bottle or 1/2 bottle of red wine ^
Old Mar 7, 2009, 1:11 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by bananacake
I didn't receive any wine. Did you also get fresh fruit each day?
Old Mar 8, 2009, 9:42 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bananacake
I received a 1/2 bottle of red wine and a fruit plate this as well... Sine I did not eat much of the fruit, Fruit plate was refilled when I was there. Love the hotel.. Diamond get upgraded to Club floor (with free internet access in the club - otherwise it's 15 GBP per 24 hours in room).
Old Mar 8, 2009, 3:51 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ACfly
I received a 1/2 bottle of red wine and a fruit plate this as well... Sine I did not eat much of the fruit, Fruit plate was refilled when I was there. Love the hotel.. Diamond get upgraded to Club floor (with free internet access in the club - otherwise it's 15 GBP per 24 hours in room).
Just between you, me, and the lamppost -- that id number card they give you for access in the club will work via wi-fi on the entire club floor and will also work for the wired access on other floors.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Intercontinental RA/BA/BMI/Virgin
fruit basket

Yes we always get fruit and wine (although last time we had to ask for the wine as we left!)
Old Mar 13, 2009, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt D, HH Gold
I have to say that i have had a very good stay at this hotel as well. I was upgraded to a King Club Room on the Regency Club floor. When I arrived at the hotel I was ushered up to the 8th floor and had a pleasant checkin - maybe I just like being able to sit on my rear end while checking in. The club lounge was nice though not outstanding and as with others I received a half bottle of red wine and fruit refreshed daily.
Old May 29, 2009, 6:23 am

Programs: HH, GP, PC
I decided to use my Big Welcome voucher for my Bank Holiday Monday stay in London this Monday instead of staying in the hostel that I would have stayed at as I felt I deserved to stay in some luxury for once in my life.

In fact, for the most part, I had a wonderful time staying at the Churchill with the majority of the staff; especially the frontdesk staff and one or two of the concierges being particuarly helpful [one in mind, Anthony I think his name was, was especially helpful when it came to finding answers to some questions I had concerning transportation to Euston and the nearest location for a certain smoothie bar].

To my surprise, a few hours after I checked in [I needed to get back to the hotel to drop off some items in my room], I received a small gift of some free water and apples along with a card welcoming me from the Manager himself through one of the staff which I felt was a nice touch.

My stay was really interesting, especially on the day that I was checking out as there was a event taking place that evening celebrating Georgia's independence and quite a few people had gathered in the lobby to take part in said event.

I would definitely stay at the Churchill again [in fact, I'm looking at staying there in November for 2 nights for a Masquerade Ball that I'm planning on attending in the last week of November] but I'll be using a credit card to pay for my expenses deposit as I'm still awaiting the refund of my deposit which I paid using my debit card and the only thing that I didn't like about the hotel was that one of the concierges [Alexis, his name might have been] came across as being miserable.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 12:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, 1.7MM, SW 15 Year Companion Pass holder, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Hyatt Churchill Wonderful Experience

My last trip to London was spent with a week at the Churchill. I first visited in early 2004 when it was switched from the Intercontinental to Hyatt. The introductory staff were primarily from Hyatt Berlin and to my complete surprise one of the Germans had studied hotel management at my alma mater, K-State in Manhattan, Ks.
The Regency floor is very courteous and for those of you who travel to the Churchill last year they would stand when any guest came off the 8th floor elevator. I am glad to report that they stay seated.
My only tiny regret was that my full bottle of wine for the last two visits in 2008 and 2009 was only a half bottle. Don't know why this occurred, but appreciated the fruit and water.
I hope to go back sometime when I re-emerge from early retirement.
I always enjoy going to a hotel where some of the staff remember names as most of the time my travel is solo. I also miss their wonderful breakfast in the main lobby. Don't know how non-business people can pay $50 and up for breakfast, but also realize the majority of guests were non-Americans although I was there once with our former Secretary of State.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 12:45 pm

Agreed. In my most two recent stays (a few weeks ago), I am also seeing evidence that this Hyatt is really getting its service act together. If only they would credit points without having to call GP and follow-up almost every darn time!
Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:33 pm

Hyatt Churchill now requires key acces to RC

arrived yesterdy
the RC looked like a garbage dump
people everywhere and food and glasses everywhere
the poor staff were run off their feet.
came back to the room at 8pm and there wass a note on the bed stating access by card only
this morning at breakfast about 8 people accellerating to 30 at 10am
at 6pm drinks half full.
I commented to the staff who were very pleased that I noticed.
what have they been letting the whole of london in to the RC?
lets hope they keep it this way

qudos to the staff for keeping it together!
Old Aug 18, 2009, 2:28 pm

The card key slots have been in the lifts for years but hadn't been activated for the longest time -- one of the managers explained that they were having troubles making it work. Interesting to read that they finally succeeded, or is it just on the club door?
Old Aug 18, 2009, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
that's a good move.. the London RC has always been busy, and I was always curious how many people were not supposed to be... before they would ask for your room number, but I noticed lately they dont even bother with that anymore...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.