Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2023, 9:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Are GLOB given the choice of breakfast at check in, or you need to be proactive and ask for the restaurant buffet option?
Yes Glob's are given a breakfast choice. Choose the lounge to right of the elevators on the 8th floor, or the lounge to the left.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Yes Glob's are given a breakfast choice. Choose the lounge to right of the elevators on the 8th floor, or the lounge to the left.
Why do you favor the lounge over the restaurant?
Much more limited choice?
I’ve been there for more than 3 weeks now and apart from the first day (and 2 nights in Paris at the PHV) always choosed the restaurant downstairs?
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:33 pm

I thought they had stopped serving Globs breakfast in the restaurant. If they give you the option then definitely the restaurant is the better option for more choices
Old Feb 13, 2023, 4:52 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I thought they had stopped serving Globs breakfast in the restaurant. If they give you the option then definitely the restaurant is the better option for more choices
Not as of a week ago they hadn’t.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 9:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver, Delta Platinum, AA Platinum Pro
About to finish a four-night stay here with Club upgrade, my first since the pandemic and the renovation. Almost a perfect stay with many memorable positive interactions with individual staff members in a variety of departments. I'm a naturally curious consultant, so i tend to draw out the best of staff in conversation if they are predisposed to guest interaction.

I'm in a large king room, but the bathroom is comically tight due in no small part to how the designer did the layout (full shower on one side, wall to wall vanity on the other, and about a 2'x4' open space between them with the toilet/bidet at the end of it). Essentially, it is the bathroom equivalent of an airline middle seat. A pocket door would alleviate some of the problem, but it is what it is ... a minor complaint for me, but others would likely find it a more significant frustration as you have very little room to move.

The room has a small air freshening device plugged in under the desk that activates every few minutes for a 60-second or so cycle. It has the volume/sound of a hairdryer on about medium. That gets unplugged almost immediately when I am in the room lol.

The Club welcome letter promotes the restaurant as the primary breakfast option and as a result, the Lounge has been a ghost town in the morning, Granted, the hotel right now is around 50% occupancy, but the morning I went, only two other tables were in use. The left side (the "business" lounge) for all intents and purposes is shut down as there has been no need for it, even in the evenings during canapes. If you want hot breakfast dishes and more choice, downstairs in the restaurant is the way to go. That said, I did two days there and two in the lounge for the latter's peace and quiet and still pretty plentiful morning spread of breads and pastries, cold cuts and cheeses, cereals and yogurts, and fruit.

That the lounge stays open until 11 p.m. (cookies, coffee/tea, non-alcoholic beverages only) is really nice as you can get something post-theatre should you so desire.

I would say that service in the restaurant may not meet some people's expectations. I've always been seated quickly and served coffee shortly thereafter, but follow-up from then on may be inconsistent depending on volume.

The new gym is open on the 2nd floor (in a former conference room if I recall correctly) and is quite nice compared to the previously packed space. While I believe it actually contains fewer cardio machines, it has far more space for weights (including TWO weight benches). The pics below highlight what you'll find. Only once during my stay have several guests all been present exercising.

Entry to gym faces elevator right as you step off.

Looking into the space from the initial entrance just beyond the towels and water offerings.

Cardio: rower, four treadmills, two ellipticals, one bike. Treadmills and ellipticals have large screens, Internet/TV access, and small fans at the base of the screen.

Ample free weights, kettlebells, balls, bands, and mats. One foam roller. Two large areas where you can workout in front of mirrors. One accommodates two people easily. Notice the programmable and adjustable multi-purpose weight machine on far wall to the left of the bands and ball.

Last edited by IndyJeffrey; Feb 14, 2023 at 5:44 am
Old Feb 13, 2023, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Globalist checking in this weekend with a guest. A few questions:
A friend may join us for a night or two and crash with us. Are three people allowed to stay in a room?
Is the breakfast still in the restaurant? Can you register more than one guest in order to get breakfast? (If I have to pay, no big deal.)
Thanks in advance for any help.
Was searching the thread looking for the answers to these questions as well. Did you (or anyone else) find out what happened with 3 people? I'm going to be in the exact same situation in April -- Globalist friend is willing to do a Guest of Honor booking for me and my partner, and we may have a 3rd person crash with us for part of our stay. Curious what our options are with sleeping 3 people and with the breakfast benefit.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 11:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver, Delta Platinum, AA Platinum Pro
My info is somewhat incomplete, so take it with a grain of salt, but I do recall the Lounge info letter said something about 120 pounds/day for additional guests. What I don't recall is what standard was applied for "additional." Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by IndyJeffrey
My info is somewhat incomplete, so take it with a grain of salt, but I do recall the Lounge info letter said something about 120 pounds/day for additional guests. What I don't recall is what standard was applied for "additional." Sorry I can't be of more help.
I just realized your reply is about the lounge itself. Are you suggesting that this would be the cost for the 3rd person to partake in the Globalist breakfast benefit (in addition to having access to the snacks/drinks throughout the day, which is less important).
Old Feb 18, 2023, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by submatrix
I just realized your reply is about the lounge itself. Are you suggesting that this would be the cost for the 3rd person to partake in the Globalist breakfast benefit (in addition to having access to the snacks/drinks throughout the day, which is less important).
What I recall about the letter is that it stated additional Lounge guests would be billed at 120 GBP/day. I don't recall the threshold # at which this is applied.

The property is very responsive and I'm sure staff can provide clarity here.

Last edited by IndyJeffrey; Feb 18, 2023 at 7:51 am
Old Feb 19, 2023, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by IndyJeffrey
What I recall about the letter is that it stated additional Lounge guests would be billed at 120 GBP/day. I don't recall the threshold # at which this is applied.

The property is very responsive and I'm sure staff can provide clarity here.
Thanks, I will reach out to them. We are more concerned about being able to sleep 3 than the breakfast benefit, obviously
Old Feb 19, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
First time in more than a month than the large business lounge (right side) is full for the evening snacks/drinks. Surprised…even if half the people in Suites come (not sure?) it really means a lot of Globalists or people paying their room an extra 100£+ for a few averages canapés and drinks?
Old Feb 21, 2023, 8:57 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just finished up a stay at this properly. My first stay here since 2012 (Not counting the unfortunate situation in 2014 with gas line explosion and my check in the next day which obviously didn't happen.)

This had to have been one of the worst Hyatt stays in recent memory, and thks property has really fallen apart. Every day was numerous service issues, incompetent staff etc. I rarely complain about a hotel but wow. I would not stay here again.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Finished a four night stay with wife and daughter. We requested a rollaway to our regency balcony suite and they delivered it with no fuss and no charge. We ate breakfast in the restaurant twice and club twice. No pushback at the club and no added fee for the third person in the restaurant. Stay was just fine.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 1:14 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Just finished up a stay at this properly. My first stay here since 2012 (Not counting the unfortunate situation in 2014 with gas line explosion and my check in the next day which obviously didn't happen.)

This had to have been one of the worst Hyatt stays in recent memory, and thks property has really fallen apart. Every day was numerous service issues, incompetent staff etc. I rarely complain about a hotel but wow. I would not stay here again.
Would it be possible for some more details? I’m just curious as out the five or so london hotels I stay at regularly, this is the only one that I’ve not service standards dive - a very noticeable difference across 50ish post pandemic nights (only 5 stays at the Churchill). It just seems so out of character for the one hotel in the city where people even pick up the phone at reception.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Just wrapped up a short 2 night stay as well. Nothing amiss, service was fine. Upgraded as a Globalist to their standard suite. Not the best view on top floor (not facing park) but plenty roomy, and I liked the bath amenities.

Breakfast was busy both mornings, selection and quality of the food was alright.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.