Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 23, 2023, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Drew523
Any data points if the hotel is ok with me booking 2 adults and then putting notes that you have infant? When I put 2 adults and 1 child < 1 I get no availability but when I just put 2 adults there is ton of availability. I don't need a bed for him, a crib would be nice but not required since he can sleep the bed with us. I also have suite upgrade reward I would be applying too.

My backup currently is the Andaz since they have availability when I put 3 guest.
2 adults + 1 child is allowed in the suite, not sure on the regular room though. For an infant I'd think they'd have a crib available. Maybe reach out to hotel directly aftter booking your award and have them amend it.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by britinva79
We used our suite upgrade here last year and we got a suite with a pull out sofa bed. Two young children can easily sleep on that. The Executive Suite's don't have a pull out sofa and you'd need a rollaway bed, the living room can fit two of them but not sure they'd allow it.
Do you know which suite that was? I'm having trouble because they are saying the upgrade rooms allow only 3. Did you say you had 4 people total or not divulge that?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by LonghornFlyer
Do you know which suite that was? I'm having trouble because they are saying the upgrade rooms allow only 3. Did you say you had 4 people total or not divulge that?
We only have 1 child but the sofa bed is big enough for 2 young kids. I'd call hotel directly and ask them vs. the main Hyatt reservation line. This was the Regency Balcony suite. If the hotel says no go then you may have to book a family room which is two interconnecting rooms.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 12:21 pm

I was told last summer that the balcony suite would not accommodate two young children and two adults (it's for 3 people only). It created a big mess a few days before check-in since the globalist concierges had confirmed my plans and party multiple times.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by redbirdsj
I was told last summer that the balcony suite would not accommodate two young children and two adults (it's for 3 people only). It created a big mess a few days before check-in since the globalist concierges had confirmed my plans and party multiple times.
How did you resolve that situation?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 3:18 pm

How did you resolve that situation?
Hyatt wanted me to pay for a second room or a further suite upgrade (I had already applied a SUA) at last minute summer rates. I asked them to pay for it since it was their mistake that put me in that situation a few days before my trip but they refused. I eventually agreed to switch hotels and Hyatt got me two connecting rooms at Great Scotland Yard. The whole thing was poorly handled by the concierges.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
How is the TSU suite, what size?

Does the Regency club Have a good choice of food and drink?
Old Feb 11, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Headed to this hotel in four days, for four days. Confirmed a suite for wife, daughter and I. Looking forward to checking it out. We had a stay booked at the JW but Im tired of that hotel for some reason.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 1:25 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by navatwal

There are two TSU options, the Regency Suite or the one with a balcony. I was actually further upgraded last weekend to an Executive Suite which online says it's 58sqm but really felt quite a bit bigger. Gorgeous room.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by navatwal

the Regency Suite or Regency Suite Balcony are offered via TSU. The club is decent with two sides, one for families one for adults. Food is basic selection but good for appetizers. Drink selection is wide but dont expect too high end. Beer, soft drinks and coffee available all day.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 7:38 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Breakfast is in the restaurant, true? Or is that in a h club as well?
Old Feb 12, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by dingo
Both
Old Feb 12, 2023, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by dingo
for globalists you can choose either club or restaurant. The restaurant is decent buffet or a la carte. Service can be slow at times but theyre short staffed.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 5:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Stayed here last month for 5 nights. Confirmed balcony suite by TSU - no further upgrade despite occupancy wasn't highest. Asked for the upsell charge to Exec Suite, was quoted something like 3 times the BAR difference ... had to argue a few times before they agreed to charge just the BAR difference (and had to take my phone away to 'prove it').

I was given a poorly laid out (x61) Exec suite which I refused to accept as it didn't have a proper desk / nor a lamp at or near the 'table' in the living room; it also faced the back side of the hotel and was very dark even in the day.
Manager could only offer another unrenovated Exec suite (facing Portman Square) - didn't like it as the living room only had a small pair of windows at the corner - or downgrade back to the Balcony Suite.
In the end I settled with the balcony suite as although it was in the 'unrenovated' style, it was a lot brighter / better illuminated, and with a proper desk - very important as I was working Asia time (2am onwards local time). It was already 6pm by then.
I also noticed that the suite bathrooms were all pretty much the same regardless of Exec Suite or balcony suite, renovated or unrenovated style.

At least they didn't deduct my TSU in the end so that was ok but I still felt inconvenienced (I had arrived at 6am that day)

Otherwise, I was very impressed with the housekeeping and breakfast, and service (excluding the FD team). Even the concierge was very helpful and didn't forget our requests overnight.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 8:13 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Are GLOB given the choice of breakfast at check in, or you need to be proactive and ask for the restaurant buffet option?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.