Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Churchill London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Churchill London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 27, 22, 5:01 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I am at the Park Hyatt Vienna this week, after a week at the PH Vendome and the Churchill.

PH Vienna, exceptional in every way.

the price differential, depends on when you book and when for. The location of the Andaz Vienna is not something I’d be keen on, I compared Churchill and PH Vienna.

I got a screaming good deal at the Churchill booked last year for earlier this month; 279 Pounds plus 9k points per night for a premium suite. Checking a date at random next month, Churchill is signicantly lower, and a little lower on a random date in November.

The biggest difference to me is the hard product with a TSU; the only one of the three that books into a true suite. And it is better in service, globalist recognition, etc (where else go they refresh the fruit bowl and flowers mid stay).

But my stay at the Churchill was superb. Hard product, breakfast, service, etc. Was it up to the PH Vienna- no, but that’s an incredibly high bar.

Last edited by beachfan; Sep 27, 22 at 5:17 am
Old Sep 27, 22, 5:17 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
[duplicate
Old Sep 27, 22, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SportsTech View Post
Property appears to be in great shape, excellent morning buffet in the restaurant, professional staff, and good Globalist recognition. I haven't stayed at a better Regency property, but there are many I haven't experienced yet outside the US - which, if any, might be better?
Haven't been to a ton OUS - but I find HR BKK to be quite good (know others may feel differently relative to the GH/PH)
Old Sep 27, 22, 10:51 am

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Was really only thinking/surveying Regency class hotels. I have enjoyed the PH Vienna several times and it is every bit as good as the PH Paris/Place Vendome, with significantly better upgrade potential. Enjoyed the Andaz Vienna 10 days ago, and found it to be better than expected, especially for the price... But, as pointed out, probably not the best location for a first time visitor to Vienna.

But with regards to the Regency brand, I haven't seen anything that compares to the Churchill; I am hoping some of you can come up good competitive suggestions! HR Maui comes to mind, their hard product has been upgraded somewhat in the past couple years, and, well, it's in Hawaii! But the lounge/breakfast/service levels are typically US, so IMO the Churchill beats it on all of those counts.
Old Sep 27, 22, 3:12 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Tit/ LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold
The Churchill is distinctive and positioned arguably more as a Grand Hyatt. Is it the best Hyatt Regency? I guess it depends what you compare it to. Outside of the US, you have the likes of HR Bangkok, Samui or Zurich to name just a few which are all newer and each have some form of distinctive feature.

Personally, I’d be more likely to say that the Churchill is more of an odd fit than the clear vest of the pack (with highest room rates, even with the UK having torpedoed their currency).

Search this Thread