Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Churchill London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Churchill London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 4, 20, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I had a recent stay, was able to use a TSU and got one of the Executive Suites (with the 1.5 bathroom, facing the back). It wasn't clear if it had been renovated. The fixtures looked like the traditional fixtures, but the bathroom walls were covered with a strange form of what looked like soapstone. The living room had pretty mod furniture, but there was no desk! However, there was a part of the wall that had all the desk wall sockets and such, so it looks like at some point it contained a desk. But it was a pleasant space and it was quiet, as it faced the back.

All three elevators were working and the hotel wasn't terribly crowded, so I had a very nice stay. I had excellent service up and down the food chain, and rates were very reasonable for a very expensive city (GBP 250/night or so). As I mentioned before, London is a tough city for hotels, but I always felt the Churchill punched above its weight in both soft (service) and hard product (particularly room size) for the price point.
Old Feb 4, 20, 4:08 pm

I actually was looking for award booking from December, at that time there was even no standard room available for award booking. After almost 2 months daily search, I found that they have released the standard room for award booking few days ago, but still no standard suite. I am sure they are playing game due to the high season.
Old Feb 5, 20, 2:59 am

Programs: UA GS 1.5MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I had a recent stay, was able to use a TSU and got one of the Executive Suites (with the 1.5 bathroom, facing the back). It wasn't clear if it had been renovated. The fixtures looked like the traditional fixtures, but the bathroom walls were covered with a strange form of what looked like soapstone. The living room had pretty mod furniture, but there was no desk! However, there was a part of the wall that had all the desk wall sockets and such, so it looks like at some point it contained a desk. But it was a pleasant space and it was quiet, as it faced the back.

All three elevators were working and the hotel wasn't terribly crowded, so I had a very nice stay. I had excellent service up and down the food chain, and rates were very reasonable for a very expensive city (GBP 250/night or so). As I mentioned before, London is a tough city for hotels, but I always felt the Churchill punched above its weight in both soft (service) and hard product (particularly room size) for the price point.
You were given the "Artists' Suite". You can carve the soap.
hp12c likes this.
Old Feb 5, 20, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by CopperSteve View Post
You were given the "Artists' Suite". You can carve the soap.
Yes! There were all kinds of "Kilroy was here" messages on the soap, but I wasn't certain if it was there from the beginning or if it was guests doing the work.
CopperSteve likes this.
Old Feb 6, 20, 11:41 am

Programs: UA GS 1.5MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Yes! There were all kinds of "Kilroy was here" messages on the soap, but I wasn't certain if it was there from the beginning or if it was guests doing the work.
I had that suite 5-6 years ago. Most of the bars of soap were carved, but I did find one to add my contribution. Can't remember exactly what I wrote.
Old Feb 9, 20, 9:05 am

Programs: OZ, DL, AC, AS, BA, Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by zgcyx53 View Post
Hi guys, I am looking for a stay in the middle of June for a week, but the price is super high and no standard 1 King Bed Room and 2 Twin Bed Room available, nor the standard Regency Suite, which is quite weird, is this part of the hotel occupancy management or they really run out the room, because I see the Great Scotland Yard and Andaz are also pricey and short on standard room.

I did try to search day by day, still pricy and busy. So I guess they are just holding the room due to the summer peak time? Maybe I am wrong.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
Yes, I agree, the prices are insane and literally off the charts. I'm looking at a member advance purchase rate of 312/night in May. Is this typical pricing for May?

Anyone here also stayed at the Sheraton Grand Park Lane? Would you stay here or the Sheraton?
Old Feb 9, 20, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Yes, I agree, the prices are insane and literally off the charts. I'm looking at a member advance purchase rate of 312/night in May. Is this typical pricing for May?

Anyone here also stayed at the Sheraton Grand Park Lane? Would you stay here or the Sheraton?
i still have no idea about the peak season and off-peak season in London. However, 312 GBP doesn't sounds too high, I often stay here, and the cheapest price I saw was around 210 GBP, 312 is high but not insanely high. Maybe you can book in a Member Rate and cancel it if they release any cheaper rate. I believe they will lower the price in the next few weeks.
Old Feb 9, 20, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC

Trying to go mid-March for work - 260 GBP for advance purchase rate, 310 or so for a flexible rate. Too much for my work reimbursement so sadly back off to Marriott for a couple days.

Sheraton Grand, have stayed at - nicer than the Churchill honestly. They did a gut renovation a few years back, it's the nicest Sheraton I've been to globally. Lounge is probably a wash vs. the Hyatt, maybe a tad weaker for breakfast IIRC. What's the rate?
Old Feb 9, 20, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by zgcyx53 View Post
i still have no idea about the peak season and off-peak season in London. However, 312 GBP doesn't sounds too high, I often stay here, and the cheapest price I saw was around 210 GBP, 312 is high but not insanely high. Maybe you can book in a Member Rate and cancel it if they release any cheaper rate. I believe they will lower the price in the next few weeks.
I know hotels in London are expensive, but this is US$402/night. Since when was May like peak season? The pricing gives me the impression that this is peak season. I can live with 210/night though.
Old Feb 9, 20, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
Trying to go mid-March for work - 260 GBP for advance purchase rate, 310 or so for a flexible rate. Too much for my work reimbursement so sadly back off to Marriott for a couple days.

Sheraton Grand, have stayed at - nicer than the Churchill honestly. They did a gut renovation a few years back, it's the nicest Sheraton I've been to globally. Lounge is probably a wash vs. the Hyatt, maybe a tad weaker for breakfast IIRC. What's the rate?
What's the breakfast and evening spread in the lounge like at the Sheraton? For the dates that I have in mind, the Sheraton is a tad cheaper at 305/night. If I'm going to pay that much, I think I might be better off with Marriott since I'm a Platinum. I'm still probably going to hold off from making a reservation since I'm about 3 months from departure.
Old Feb 9, 20, 9:29 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I know hotels in London are expensive, but this is US$402/night. Since when was May like peak season? The pricing gives me the impression that this is peak season. I can live with 210/night though.
You can book next Sunday at 210/night, on a prepaid rate.
Old Feb 9, 20, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by skj View Post
You can book next Sunday at 210/night, on a prepaid rate.
Unfortunately I'll be in Hong Kong next week. I'm asking for May! Is May considered peak season in London?
Old Feb 9, 20, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
What's the breakfast and evening spread in the lounge like at the Sheraton? For the dates that I have in mind, the Sheraton is a tad cheaper at 305/night. If I'm going to pay that much, I think I might be better off with Marriott since I'm a Platinum. I'm still probably going to hold off from making a reservation since I'm about 3 months from departure.
Should post over in Marriott probably to get a better sense. Has been a couple years for me and I don't normally hit the evening spread.

IIRC breakfast was better than the US Sheratons but inferior to Asia (typical). Some hot options and a bunch of cold.
Old Feb 9, 20, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
Should post over in Marriott probably to get a better sense. Has been a couple years for me and I don't normally hit the evening spread.

IIRC breakfast was better than the US Sheratons but inferior to Asia (typical). Some hot options and a bunch of cold.
I posted in the Marriott thread as well. It seems like these are the two properties to pick in London so I'm going to be tracking the prices over the coming days and weeks.

At this point, I think it goes without saying that Asian hotels typically give a better experience. I'll manage mine accordingly.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: