Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Churchill London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Churchill London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 15, 19, 8:53 am

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
You're not doing the community any good by ranting to intentionally misrepresent others' posts. This property has always allowed me to take breakfast in the restaurant since I've been a Glob, so it has nothing to do with entitlement in my case. My commentary from the beginning has been that they should do a better job of transparency so as to better manage guest expectations.
I was not "ranting" merely commenting on various posts, personally rants on here do nothing more than discredit a "rant". My comment was "Global" no pun applying to events I have witnessed in my travels especially international where at times it's embarrassing to be an American. I have waited in line at the PHV while a guest checking in tells the desk he is entitled as a chose status level or he should be given a suite. As for the Churchill I enjoy the generally peaceful business side of the lounges it's there for a purpose and works one can order eggs a more than adequate buffet, nothing rushed, papers and room to use lap top. Your comment regarding guest transparency is taken and I whole heartily agree, however with multiple ownerships of properties as well as interpretation by local GM's doubtful it will ever happen. The major companies are afraid of making their franchisees mad so their oversight is a shell of what it use to be. It's all about room count and net revenue first. Thank you "equity capital"
Old Nov 20, 19, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Got upgraded to one of the Presidential Suites on a 6-night stay here. Crazy good.

To add to the breakfast data points, FD agent checking me in said breakfast was in the lounge only. I didn't push for breakfast in the restaurant since they gave me such a great upgrade.
Markie and 59Impala like this.
Old Nov 20, 19, 1:36 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
My data point to breakfast. The Club was offered to me as well as THE option. I asked, if breakfast at the restaurant would be possible, too, "as I have heard that this is being offered to Globalists as well" - based on the feedback here on FT. the FDA said, "well, that is due to the fact, that sometimes breakfast is included in the room rate"... but he granted me access for breakfast to the restaurant. (maybe this was because I was "walked" from the Scotland Yard hotel, which is not open yet).

although, breakfast is so great in the lounge, and on my 2 night stay, I simply had breakfast in the lounge. nice and quiet, large selection, and I could order my poached eggs as well.

Last edited by 59Impala; Nov 21, 19 at 12:04 am
Old Nov 20, 19, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
My data point to breakfast. The Club was offered too me as well as THE option. I asked, if breakfast at the restaurant would be possible, too, "as I have heard that this is being offered to Globalists as well" - base don the feedback here on FT. the FDA said, "well, that is due to the fact, that sometimes breakfast is included in the room rate"... and he granted me access for breakfast to the restaurant. (maybe this was because I was "walked" from the Scotland Yard hotel, which is not open yet.

although, breakfast is so great in the lounge, and on my 2 night stay, I simply had breadfast in the lounge. nice and quiet, large selection, and I could order my poached eggs as well.
I too prefer the lounge ( business side) much more peaceful than downstairs, I mean if it's important to some to eat there and get it free so be it, for me traveling the calm of the business lounge side works!
59Impala likes this.
Old Dec 26, 19, 8:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Delta Platinum, AA Platinum Pro
Enjoyed a three-night stay last month. If this property had the gym from the Andaz, I likely would never look anywhere else. The current fitness room is an improvement from its iteration a couple of years back, but for anything other than cardio, space and equipment are both lacking.

I greatly enjoy the Club Lounge here on the business side. I find the F&B offerings to be solid, the service very attentive, and the quiet to be very welcoming.
Old Dec 27, 19, 8:51 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IndyJeffrey View Post
Enjoyed a three-night stay last month. If this property had the gym from the Andaz, I likely would never look anywhere else. The current fitness room is an improvement from its iteration a couple of years back, but for anything other than cardio, space and equipment are both lacking.

I greatly enjoy the Club Lounge here on the business side. I find the F&B offerings to be solid, the service very attentive, and the quiet to be very welcoming.
Old Dec 27, 19, 1:03 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IndyJeffrey View Post

Just finished a stay there. I do think the hot snack offerings circulated in the lounge evenings have been cut back from three to two types, one of which is a tiny cup of soup. Other than that, still decent.
IndyJeffrey likes this.
Old Dec 27, 19, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA,AS,BA,WN,Hyatt,Marriott,SPG
Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
Just finished a stay there. I do think the hot snack offerings circulated in the lounge evenings have been cut back from three to two types, one of which is a tiny cup of soup. Other than that, still decent.
I've never through the evening offerings are something to write home about. I find the spread minimal at the very best. And the hot offerings, which are served to each guest by the staff, are so so small that they might as well not even bother. We do enjoy the breakfast in the mornings, however.
Old Jan 19, 20, 1:15 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Quick note for anyone who has plans to stay here the week of January 19; the business lounge is closed all week; the regular lounge is open and the only option.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 19, 20, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian View Post
Quick note for anyone who has plans to stay here the week of January 19; the business lounge is closed all week; the regular lounge is open and the only option.
Remodel or low occupancy ?
Old Jan 19, 20, 2:27 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The official line I received was “minor renovations.” The closure is until January 26.

+1 and I had a brief, two-night stay this past weekend. The closure of the business lounge led to some pretty crowded conditions during breakfast and evening snack hours. That was the only negative experience we had (and it was minor).

I booked a Cash + Points rate and applied an Explorist lounge cert; I inquired if I could pay an additional supplement for a suite and was quoted 120 per night (it was intimated that the fact that I already had lounge access factored into the cost; the normal cost would have been 320) for an upgrade to a Regency Executive Suite. I accepted the offer and was very happy to have done so. Solhey and the other guest relation staff I worked with were all very helpful and I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice amenity of a slice of chocolate cake and bottle of prosecco in our room to help celebrate my birthday. Overall, it was a fantastic stay.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 22, 20 at 5:09 am
Old Jan 19, 20, 4:10 pm

Hi guys, I am looking for a stay in the middle of June for a week, but the price is super high and no standard 1 King Bed Room and 2 Twin Bed Room available, nor the standard Regency Suite, which is quite weird, is this part of the hotel occupancy management or they really run out the room, because I see the Great Scotland Yard and Andaz are also pricey and short on standard room.

I did try to search day by day, still pricy and busy. So I guess they are just holding the room due to the summer peak time? Maybe I am wrong.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
Old Feb 4, 20, 4:03 pm

I'm having the same problem trying to find availability for a week in the middle of June. It crossed my mind that the hotel is playing games with availability, as is often the case with Hyatt unfortunately.
Old Feb 4, 20, 4:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by SDedalus View Post
I'm having the same problem trying to find availability for a week in the middle of June. It crossed my mind that the hotel is playing games with availability, as is often the case with Hyatt unfortunately.
Looked at several dates during mid-June, there's plenty of award availability in my searches. Tried 1-Night Stays, 3-7 Night Stays and found availability fine.
Old Feb 4, 20, 4:59 pm

Thanks for the response. I should have clarified that I often see no availability for a regency suite, even when all other categories of room are available. My understanding is that the regency executive suite, which is typically available, is considered a premium suite and therefore cannot be booked with a Globalist suite upgrade. In any event, I'm unclear as to whether a family of two adults and two children would be allowed to stay in a regency suite anyway. I almost always stay at the Hilton Bankside or Hilton Tower Bridge in London, but prices are prohibitively high in mid-June.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: