Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rwm818
Regarding breakfast, I've stayed here many times as a Diam/Glob and never been able to take breakfast in the restaurant. That is a pretty concrete rule that they follow.
It would be one thing to ban Globs from ordering off the menu and having a fully customized breakfast...but there's no reason that they shouldn't be allowed to do the buffet
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
It would be one thing to ban Globs from ordering off the menu and having a fully customized breakfast...but there's no reason that they shouldn't be allowed to do the buffet
Everyone is allowed to order breakfast in the restaurant, they are just expected to pay for it. This hotel provides free breakfast in the lounge and, according the WoH terms, globalists have access to it.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VitaliU
Everyone is allowed to order breakfast in the restaurant, they are just expected to pay for it. This hotel provides free breakfast in the lounge and, according the WoH terms, globalists have access to it.
Letter of the law != spirit of the Globalist breakfast benefit
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Why is there such big to do about eating breakfast downstairs? The lounge serves breakfast just like anywhere else in the system you go and thats where you eat, FREE. Now I agree that there is no consistency within Hyatt on what is served in the lounges and there are times where after walking in and seeing what's there I grab a paper and go downstairs and pay for my breakfast without whining. Times are ever changing as are benefits are no different and it's something we all have to get use to,
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat
Letter of the law != spirit of the Globalist breakfast benefit
I think we should not confuse the spirit of the benefits (whatever that is) with the sense of entitlement. Free and decent breakfast is provided. If someone doesn't like it or the location where it is provided, they should go downstairs or to any other restaurant and buy whatever they fancy that day. I am not sure what all the fuss is about
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think we should not confuse the spirit of the benefits (whatever that is) with the sense of entitlement. Free and decent breakfast is provided. If someone doesn't like it or the location where it is provided, they should go downstairs or to any other restaurant and buy whatever they fancy that day. I am not sure what all the fuss is about
Free and decent breakfast is also provided to those staying at Hilton Garden Inns and Springhill Suites.

As a smaller chain, Hyatt needs to "try harder" and from my nice experiences as a first time Globalist this year after a decade w/Starwood then Marriott, breakfast was one area they greatly excelled. Understood the rules may be different at HRs vs. GH/PH/Andaz, but int'l properties generally try a bit harder than their US counterparts.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:49 am

Free and decent breakfast is also provided to those staying at Hilton Garden Inns and Springhill Suites.

As a smaller chain, Hyatt needs to "try harder" and from my nice experiences as a first time Globalist this year after a decade w/Starwood then Marriott, breakfast was one area they greatly excelled. Understood the rules may be different at HRs vs. GH/PH/Andaz, but int'l properties generally try a bit harder than their US counterparts.
agreed that international properties do seem to provide much better care of FT by far. I think ones view of the various breakfast offerings tend to be different for me as a non insulin diabetic breakfast is very important real eggs etc. years ago I would have totally agreed with you regarding breakfast. We didn't cause all this mess the hotels themselves are the ones.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I find it funny that we have this discussion going around in circles about two pretty mediocre breakfasts, one possibly worse than the other, one paid and one free. I really can't be bothered to eat a lousy breakfast, so I'll head over to the Wolseley in Piccadilly and have a proper one.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
The issue isn't entitlement, it's that this property can't seem to decide who gets (and even when they get) to take breakfast in the lounge. I don't think most of the recent posts on the issue would exist if, for example, no Globs had ever been able to take breakfast in the restaurant.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by gengar
The issue isn't entitlement, it's that this property can't seem to decide who gets (and even when they get) to take breakfast in the lounge. I don't think most of the recent posts on the issue would exist if, for example, no Globs had ever been able to take breakfast in the restaurant.
Yes it is all about "entitlement" some Globalist seem to think they can walk into a restaurant for breakfast and it's free which IF there is not a lounge that is possible, but if one travels throughout the world outside of the GS the lounges at the Churchill are extremely well done especially with one for "business" meaning no kids. Such whining. Benefits are on the decline we all need to get use to it, in many cases it's cheaper for the hotel operators to simply give a credit at checkin oh thank you equity capital !!
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Yes it is all about "entitlement" some Globalist seem to think they can walk into a restaurant for breakfast and it's free which IF there is not a lounge that is possible, but if one travels throughout the world outside of the GS the lounges at the Churchill are extremely well done especially with one for "business" meaning no kids. Such whining. Benefits are on the decline we all need to get use to it, in many cases it's cheaper for the hotel operators to simply give a credit at checkin oh thank you equity capital !!
This is the hard truth.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
This is the hard truth.
Thank you sadly it is. As I transition out of my company ( selling to employees ) I find my booking habits changing, thankfully I have some lifetime status with airlines/hotels still I am booking as close to what I want instead of booking and hoping. Too old and cranky to stay on the merry go round. I have found "cash and points" to be working fairly well especially with Marriott securing the type of room I want.

Safe travels
Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
This lounge breakfast is excellent. Hot eggs available, very high quality smoked salmon, nice fruit, cheese, meats, etc. Not sure what the complaint is - one of the lounges is peaceful, the other very good for families.

It's a better breakfast than the JW Marriott on Park Lane (although haven't been back there since I started staying here).
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
This lounge breakfast is excellent. Hot eggs available, very high quality smoked salmon, nice fruit, cheese, meats, etc. Not sure what the complaint is - one of the lounges is peaceful, the other very good for families.

It's a better breakfast than the JW Marriott on Park Lane (although haven't been back there since I started staying here).
X2
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by edgewood49
You're not doing the community any good by ranting to intentionally misrepresent others' posts. This property has always allowed me to take breakfast in the restaurant since I've been a Glob, so it has nothing to do with entitlement in my case. My commentary from the beginning has been that they should do a better job of transparency so as to better manage guest expectations.
Boraxo and UA-NYC like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.