Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Last night a guest “accidentally” pulled fire alarm at 11:30pm. Fortunately I was still up & working and was able to jam down quickly. Observed a few rooms doors open with people in various states of undress. Was surprised at how few evacuated but maybe that is a discussion for the hotel fire safety master thread. Anyway was not impressed with hotel response - nobody knocking on doors -would not have been good in a real fire.
I see your point however I don't believe that the Churchill is alone sadly I have encountered false alarms and saw the same results.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Last night a guest “accidentally” pulled fire alarm at 11:30pm. Fortunately I was still up & working and was able to jam down quickly. Observed a few rooms doors open with people in various states of undress. Was surprised at how few evacuated but maybe that is a discussion for the hotel fire safety master thread. Anyway was not impressed with hotel response - nobody knocking on doors -would not have been good in a real fire.
Yep, was there as well. Hotel sent a mail to apologize later, but no explanation or compensation offered.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:03 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Lifetime Globalist booked Standard Room (£330). Upgrade was to an un-refurbished room over looking the square on the Club Floor. They were selling Standard Suites when I checked on but denied me one. I could have had a refurbished room but at the back.
Room smelt of cigarette smoke, even after several hours with the window open and the staff being told about it.
Delivered Nespresso Coffee machine and tea pot full of fresh milk which was nice.
Disappointing stay and little or no recognition.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Originally Posted by Markie
Lifetime Globalist booked Standard Room (£330). Upgrade was to an un-refurbished room over looking the square on the Club Floor. They were selling Standard Suites when I checked on but denied me one. I could have had a refurbished room but at the back.
Room smelt of cigarette smoke, even after several hours with the window open and the staff being told about it.
Delivered Nespresso Coffee machine and tea pot full of fresh milk which was nice.
Disappointing stay and little or no recognition.
That doesnt surprise me. I have been there with various status levels and had room issues etc. When I had the suite the carpet was wrinkled and you had to watch your step. The last stay I got a small room that you neaded to put your shoulder into the door hard to open it. Yes we had maintance come and they said all the doors were like that. (I dont think so) One trick the doorman do it block the driveway. If you are using a cab or their house car maybe they open it. Uber etc you have to go to the street because the driveway is blocked. I can only wonder about this. Make it harder for customers.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:26 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Just checked in for a four night points stay using an Explorist Club Cert. The agent in the Club apologized, but the best room they could give us was a renovated room on the second floor by the gym. Our view is of the roof and air conditioning units (tastefully hidden behind some planters). Apparently, they are sold out tonight, plus our feather-free bedding request limits their abilities to do ad hoc upgrades. I do have to thank @Markie for mentioning that they have Nespresso machines on demand. I asked for one at check-in and one was promptly delivered to our room along with full sleeves of capsules.
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Just checked in for a four night points stay using an Explorist Club Cert. The agent in the Club apologized, but the best room they could give us was a renovated room on the second floor by the gym. Our view is of the roof and air conditioning units (tastefully hidden behind some planters). Apparently, they are sold out tonight, plus our feather-free bedding request limits their abilities to do ad hoc upgrades. I do have to thank @Markie for mentioning that they have Nespresso machines on demand. I asked for one at check-in and one was promptly delivered to our room along with full sleeves of capsules.
Good for you ! We have stayed in the new rooms and frankly I like them. Was told by the GM that when the upper floors and club rooms are done they will be a bit different in style however that was several years off. I can see them closing one club room to renovate then the other what I do fear is taking the smaller one ands turning it into a revenue room, seen that happen before.
Markie likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:06 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I forgot to add that our room has a full tub, not a walk-in shower. If I recall correctly, the last time we stayed here, the renovated Park View room we were assigned only had a walk-in shower.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I forgot to add that our room has a full tub, not a walk-in shower. If I recall correctly, the last time we stayed here, the renovated Park View room we were assigned only had a walk-in shower.
Correct and that seems to be the norm today with new build and renovated.
Old May 7, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: AS 100K
I made a 3-night point stay for three people in a king bed room. I wonder how the 3rd person will be accommodated. Does the room have a sofa bed or will hotel price a roll-away bed, if requested?
Old May 7, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
I made a 3-night point stay for three people in a king bed room. I wonder how the 3rd person will be accommodated. Does the room have a sofa bed or will hotel price a roll-away bed, if requested?
there are no sofas in regular rooms. Rollaway are available. I suggest you either contact the hotel in advance or call central reservations and have them add a note to your reservation
atcanobbio likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:04 pm

I had another great stay at this hotel (4 nights). I am a Globalist and used one of my tier upgrade certificates. My concierge was able to confirm me in a Regency suite with a balcony months before my arrival. The Checkin was seamless (on the 8th floor), lounge offerings were good, staff were great. Well done!
Old May 24, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by VitaliU
My concierge was able to confirm me in a Regency suite with a balcony months before my arrival.
Did you specifically ask for this room type, or was it just given? I've never been upgraded to the regency w/ balcony using TSUs, although it happened once or twice under the old program.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by gengar
Did you specifically ask for this room type, or was it just given? I've never been upgraded to the regency w/ balcony using TSUs, although it happened once or twice under the old program.
I asked if it was possible (I like their rooms and suites with balconies) and they confirmed it right away. I was a bit surprised myself
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Just completed a one night stay here mid-week last week using the annual category 1-7 certificate. Rates were sky high in London so this seemed like a good option.

We took the Heathrow Express to Paddington and then the bus, though we should have just walked. We arrived around 10PM so the club had closed and we checked in at the front desk. We were upgraded to an Executive Suite at checkin and were very happy with the room - it was a proper one bedroom suite with 1.5 bathrooms. As a Globalist amenity, two large bags of M&Ms and a half bottle of wine were waiting in the room. The living room had a fold-out couch which the hotel had already setup for our son. I ended up sleeping on it myself as I wanted to get up early and my wife and son wanted to sleep in, so they took the bed.. the fold-out wasn’t too bad at all compared to others I’ve slept on. Molton Brown toiletries in both bathrooms and the room was very quiet and comfortable. 4PM checkout was provided with no issues.

Not much else to say that hasn’t already been said. Breakfast in the lounge had eggs, bacon, sausage, and plenty of cold options plus eggs cooked to order. I liked the location and the hotel itself is great, I will return.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by River in Sight
Just completed a one night stay here mid-week last week using the annual category 1-7 certificate. Rates were sky high in London so this seemed like a good option.

We took the Heathrow Express to Paddington and then the bus, though we should have just walked. We arrived around 10PM so the club had closed and we checked in at the front desk. We were upgraded to an Executive Suite at checkin and were very happy with the room - it was a proper one bedroom suite with 1.5 bathrooms. As a Globalist amenity, two large bags of M&Ms and a half bottle of wine were waiting in the room. The living room had a fold-out couch which the hotel had already setup for our son. I ended up sleeping on it myself as I wanted to get up early and my wife and son wanted to sleep in, so they took the bed.. the fold-out wasn’t too bad at all compared to others I’ve slept on. Molton Brown toiletries in both bathrooms and the room was very quiet and comfortable. 4PM checkout was provided with no issues.

Not much else to say that hasn’t already been said. Breakfast in the lounge had eggs, bacon, sausage, and plenty of cold options plus eggs cooked to order. I liked the location and the hotel itself is great, I will return.
Glad nothing has changed. Was the suite you had end of the hallway ? Old or refreshed suite ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.