Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt DFW REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt DFW REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2010, 4:46 pm
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by bmw303
the hotel gave you both the 1W and food and bev amenity?
yes. hotel gave me food and wine plus points. when I checked in the guy told me "what do you want points or food as diamond amenity?" without me to say anything he said "whatever I give you both".
Old Jan 10, 2011, 3:36 pm

My General Experience -

The Good:
  • Extremely nice hotel with great views of the airport/runway
  • Complimentary Suite upgrade for Diamond member to an Executive Suite with runway view
  • Breakfast was fairly good and complimentary for Diamond members. This hotel also offers a free room service breakfast option for Diamonds.
  • Excellent Fitness Area and rooftop pool
  • Good f&b diamond amenity options, but not the best I've seen.
  • Very friendly front desk / restaurant staff.

The Bad:
  • Horrible experience accessing airport terminal. To get the pass takes an hour, and security will put you through every possible secondary security measure, making just going to into the terminal a 2 hour event.

Overall an excellent hotel with outstanding Diamond treatment. However, I would not recommend visiting the secure side of the airport (which is a "benefit" for guests staying at the hotel), due to the roughly 1-2 hour hassle you will experience.

Last edited by bmw303; Jan 10, 2011 at 8:28 pm
Old Feb 20, 2011, 2:48 pm
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
pics from grand hyatt DFW

here some pics from my stay. enjoy.

Old Feb 20, 2011, 4:33 pm

Nice pics! Thanks wpj ^
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, national executive elite,
Stayed here last night and received the executive suite as a upgrade. Used diamond breakfast on room service. received internet and complimentry parking. Great stay.
Old May 6, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Stayed here this week. Awesome room, great location, friendly and professional staff, fantastic view but pretty sure I got food poisoning at the hotel restaurant - Grand Met. Avoid the sea bass!!!
Old May 6, 2011, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Grand Hyatt DFW is one of my favorite US Hyatt properties.

FYI :There is a health advisory out to avoid eating sea bass.

http://thegogreenblog.com/avoid-chilean-seabass/

Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Stayed here this week. Awesome room, great location, friendly and professional staff, fantastic view but pretty sure I got food poisoning at the hotel restaurant - Grand Met. Avoid the sea bass!!!
Old May 20, 2011, 3:28 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Arrived quite late and room did not match on file profile, but had also reserved at the last minute, so said nothing. (high floor, quiet room) I awoke to early AM hammering and sawing due to 1st floor renovation. Spoke with guest service manager and received immediate apologies and appropriate compensation.

Mistakes and issues happen. It is what is done to correct them that is important - kudos to this hotel for guest service.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
All around this is a great hotel, five star operation. Here is a peak at the newly renovated rooms.

http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/po...terstitialskip

Originally Posted by sophiegirl
Arrived quite late and room did not match on file profile, but had also reserved at the last minute, so said nothing. (high floor, quiet room) I awoke to early AM hammering and sawing due to 1st floor renovation. Spoke with guest service manager and received immediate apologies and appropriate compensation.

Mistakes and issues happen. It is what is done to correct them that is important - kudos to this hotel for guest service.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:21 am

I have a couple of questions for anyone who can help. I have never been to Dallas before.
1. What time does the restaurant open for breakfast?

2. How long is the walk/shuttle/whatever from the hotel/international terminal to the domestic terminal?
I have a 9am flight. Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by kenbo
I have a couple of questions for anyone who can help. I have never been to Dallas before.
1. What time does the restaurant open for breakfast?

2. How long is the walk/shuttle/whatever from the hotel/international terminal to the domestic terminal?
I have a 9am flight. Thanks!
You'll have plenty of time. The restaurant opens at 6:30am I think, but I know they'll deliver room service breakfast before that (starting at 5am).

As far as the walk, you can enter the airport at the security entrance right by the hotel and then you take the Skywalk train to whichever terminal you are flying out of. Even the farthest terminal can be reached in 15 minutes once you get past security.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
You'll have plenty of time. The restaurant opens at 6:30am I think, but I know they'll deliver room service breakfast before that (starting at 5am).

As far as the walk, you can enter the airport at the security entrance right by the hotel and then you take the Skywalk train to whichever terminal you are flying out of. Even the farthest terminal can be reached in 15 minutes once you get past security.
Thank you! Sounds very convenient.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by kenbo
Thank you! Sounds very convenient.
I will just say that I never really understood the point of paying more to stay at a hotel connected to the airport until I stayed at this place.

Things really couldn't have gone better during my first stay and I now regularly stay there the night before I have early morning flights. My last stay, I had a 7am flight and I was worried about lines early in the morning so I went down about 5:00am to check my bag. I noticed the security lines weren't bad at all so I came back upstairs, ate my breakfast in the room, relaxed for a bit, and then went down at 6:15am to go to my gate. I think you'll really enjoy the convenience.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 7:54 pm

Every time I stay there I get upgraded to a suite, I like the fact that I can get the diamond breakfast complimentary from the room service menu, and that the fact that the D terminal check in takes less than 10 minutes even at the busiest time. This makes the GH DFW my favorite airport hotel and my first choice when I have to stay there.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 8:12 pm

Thanks for the input spgplat and docr! I'm looking forward to the visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.