Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by JackE
It seems inconsistent. I was there in early December and my FDA told me she would waive parking this one time. I wanted to say "Make that every time I redeem points" but didn't feel like spending the time to educate her.
They have started charging - they give you a hanging tag for both the front lot and the gated side lot out front.. I was told my parking was waived (as a globalist)

Anyhow - just so you know..

Also of note, this hotel cycles through front desk people rapidly, so education isnt unexpected.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by austin_modern
They have started charging - they give you a hanging tag for both the front lot and the gated side lot out front.. I was told my parking was waived (as a globalist)

Anyhow - just so you know..

Also of note, this hotel cycles through front desk people rapidly, so education isnt unexpected.
I just parked with impunity, nobody asked me if I had a car when I checked in, and nothing happened to it. There was a sign that said "parking for hotel guests only" but since I was a hotel guest I just parked there. I was wondering how would they know if I were or weren't a hotel guest, but I guess that's the idea of the tag.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Pickles
I just parked with impunity, nobody asked me if I had a car when I checked in, and nothing happened to it. There was a sign that said "parking for hotel guests only" but since I was a hotel guest I just parked there. I was wondering how would they know if I were or weren't a hotel guest, but I guess that's the idea of the tag.
If there is a big event at the stadium, you are at risk of being towed. Hopefully, they do ask when there is an event.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
If there is a big event at the stadium, you are at risk of being towed. Hopefully, they do ask when there is an event.
I would probably wouldn't stay there during a big event at the stadium (or even a big conference at the Convention Center). Have you seen the rates during these times?
seawolf and ryandc99 like this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:25 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I would probably wouldn't stay there during a big event at the stadium (or even a big conference at the Convention Center). Have you seen the rates during these times?
Even busy weekday rates are 350+
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:26 pm

That's what points were invented for!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's what points were invented for!
Not when I'm on company business, I ain't using my points that way!
seawolf and ryandc99 like this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:30 am

Not when I'm on company business, I ain't using my points that way!
When you're on company business, the high rates are going to get you more points if you stay there.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When you're on company business, the high rates are going to get you more points if you stay there.
It's my own company, so I'd rather not buy expensive points that way.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:25 am

It's my own company, so I'd rather not buy expensive points that way.
If it's your own company, we're back to that's what points were invented for.
gengar likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it's your own company, we're back to that's what points were invented for.
No, points were invented for staying at the PH Tokyo and the PH Zurich. Not some rathole Hyatt Regency in the middle of the kind of place you'd never visit unless you had to. I'd rather drive from Santa Cruz than stay there if the rates are extortionate.
Maui4me1 and ryandc99 like this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:14 pm

Getting back to the parking ...

We were there a couple of weeks ago for a weekend stay and noticed the sign on the valet booth $15 self parking and they had the first row in the garage coned off, and it appeared that every spot in the garage in the first few rows is now marked as "valet parking only". Actually I'm assuming it's the first few rows, we didn't inspect beyond that, but everywhere we were, the spots were marked that way on the ground level on the hotel side.

There was some sort of event going on at the hotel, so no spots out front, until those people left on Sunday.

We just parked where we normally would (but not in the first code off row) in the garage.

There was no mention of a parking charge and no charges on the bill. Nobody said anything about a hang tag, but there wasn't any event at the stadium.

There was a private vehicle completely blocking the only cut-through spot in the lot out front. They really should restripe that spot to leave room for people walking through with their luggage.

The other interesting thing was at breakfast, since the hotel was fairly busy due to the event, they were only serving the buffet (fine by us) and they had an omelette station set up in that private area where there's usually a big table next to where you enter the restaurant.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Oct 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:12 am

Regency Club is closed until "summer" . Globalist breakfast in TusCa, as usual during closures. On my stay, I was given an additional $40 food and beverage credit. My parking charge was waived; not sure if this was based on Globalist status or the 700 or so nights I have stayed here.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Regency Club is closed until "summer" . Globalist breakfast in TusCa, as usual during closures. On my stay, I was given an additional $40 food and beverage credit. My parking charge was waived; not sure if this was based on Globalist status or the 700 or so nights I have stayed here.
You beat me to it! Found out the club was closed when I checked in, then told it would be about 6 months before it is open again. Apparently they are redoing the whole lobby and the staff doesn't know what it is going to look like. No mention of a parking charge at all. Breakfast in Tusca.

On a different note, probably the worst service I've ever had here. A few weeks ago, I asked my concierge to apply an expiring GSU for my three night stay and it was confirmed. When I checked in at 8:40pm Monday, I got a trainee who said there was a note to get the manager. I figured it was just a meet and greet... He disappeared for a while, then came back without anyone. He nervously typed and mentioned that my suite wasn't available.... No explanation. After 15 minutes of waiting, I gave up and took a standard room. Told the trainee I would be back down at the bar in a few minutes and that's where the manager could find me to explain why I didn't have my confirmed suite

As I got to the elevator bank, a woman chased after me yelling my name and told me my suite was ready... Confused, I inquired why I was just told it wasn't available. Apparently housekeeping had just finished (now almost 9pm). I took the keys and went upstairs. As I walked into the room I was on the phone with my wife and made the comment that the room better not be ADA, and low and behold...ADA! I had this happen to me last December as well.

I immediately called down to talk to the same manager who insisted that they had no ADA suites in the hotel I told her I was staring at a roll in shower and that it had happened last year as well. Since there were no other suites available, they sent someone up with keys to a balcony king.

After I was done at the bar, I went over to talk to the manager again. The best she could offer was applying the suite upgrade to a later stay, even though it was expiring this year (they would do it manually). But, when she looked at the suites available on my dates, it had the same last two digits as the ADA room I had just left, but on a different floor. She said she would have housekeeping check to see if they were also ADA and get back to me. I also inquired about getting a replacement reservation for some reservations I had for February at a Hyatt in San Jose that isn't going to open on time. She took down the information and again said she would get back to me.

Now several days later and no follow up. No further attempt at service recovery during my stay (cheese plate, wine, anything....).

Then, after checkout, I see that my bill got updated and charged me $31 for breakfast. I didn't even eat breakfast at the hotel that morning (besides for the fact that as a Globalist it should have been free anyways), so that was a follow up call.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Further updates from this hotel

The suite upgrade I was promised never appeared. They have now shifted it out to my February stay

The area by the gift shop and Regency Club is now walled off and there is a rendering of a "marketplace" with a Peets Coffee shop. In talking with the front desk, that area should be done in the March time frame. Then they'll move on to the club. Sounds like they are moving it over by Tusca and plan on enclosing a patio area to make the space (i.e. an outdoor area becoming an indoor area). At least that means we have the possibility of getting some windows

Finally, new benefit added due to the club being closed. You get get standard drinks at the Cafe (coffee, tea, water, juice, soda, etc). Just charge it to the room and they'll take it off. They are also providing a food credit good for any outlet (sushi, bar, Tusca). It wasn't well explained when I checked in, just told it was $40. I assumed it was per night, but later clarified it was $40 for the stay. And later I further clarified that it is not calculated per night (I was on a 4 night stay). So it is $40 if you're there 1 night or 45 nights.... Seems kinda odd

Didn't have any troubles with breakfast not automatically coming off my bill this time. I did ask if I could get some of the lemon blueberry cookies that were usually in the club (they're so good). They said they'd look into it, but none ever arrived

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.