Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Many, many, many hundreds of nights, neither have I.

At this moment, TusCA is not advertising Mother's Day brunch. When I was there at Easter, my "negotiations" assumed that there would be brunch. Now???
Got the prez suite last year randomly. No clue why. Was nice to have a washer/dryer. Given my number of nights there is pretty high, I'm surprised I've only got that once and the balcony room once or twice.

I dont beg for rooms, so perhaps others may have better luck.

I just wish they had a "dance" free floor on the weekends.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Originally Posted by austin_modern
even on non Easter ive purchased redbull or other things from the coffee shop and had them comp it instead of Tusca.

Never had them upgrade me to a globalist suite or even a balcony room. Oh well.
I've received balcony room several times, and part of what was the gm's suite once (its been subdivided, pretty nice!). but I"m there quite a bit, and don't ever ask for anything.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:27 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I was there Easter weekend with other FTer friends. You could get the regular breakfast/buffet until 9:00. The upcharge to Easter Brunch was a reasonable $15. Although the buffet wasn't as impressive as in prior years, the dessert table was great.

I've been at the hotel with friends the past three years for Mother's Day and there has always been a very nice brunch.

As a regular at this property I am treated very well and the front desk/front office staff is very accommodating. I only missed out on my preferred balcony room once last year. They do keep track of your preferences if you mention it to them.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:12 am

Just FYI, Mother's Day brunch is $58. I assume Globalist credit is still $25.
Old May 8, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Got the prez suite last year randomly. No clue why.

I dont beg for rooms, so perhaps others may have better luck.
I've gotten it once. (Was it #1425 ? Just checking my memory.) My rate at the time, during the recession, was $69.

They almost had to drag me out, like flying United.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
My first ever Hyatt stay was at this resort for the recent Arm Techcon. I picked it because it was attached to the convention center. I found the front desk staff helpful, room amenities fine, and housekeeping below average. I thought the room had ample space and liked the wall-to-wall desk by the window and the multiple-outlet surge protector on the top. Plenty of charging options by the bed for phones and such.

I was a little surprised not to find a proper business center, given the attachment to a convention center. I needed to print something and there was one kiosk in the main lobby.

I didn't use any of the dining options, gym, or pool. But my coworkers did, and they said the breakfast was expensive for what you get. That's pretty typical of most hotel breakfasts though, so it's neither here nor there.

I wouldn't stay here unless using the convention center again.

Oh, and I'm not WoH so I have no input to upgrades/etc.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Kind of a mess this week. Got a dirt cheap rate and used an expiring upgrade because why not. Did online check in and I am a repeat globalist. No normal welcome email. Club is closed, so breakfast in the restaurant. Got up to my room and it's an ADA room tried to call down, no answer after ten minutes. Went back down and there is a line five deep with one person working. Finally get up to the front and I'm switched, but the comment that goes along with the switch is "good thing the other people in a suite haven't checked in yet" So I guess someone else is about to get shafted instead. Not the treatment and service I'm used to here
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Gig103

I was a little surprised not to find a proper business center, given the attachment to a convention center. I needed to print something and there was one kiosk in the main lobby.
There's a better setup inside the Club lounge.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
... sort of surprised they're charging for parking now?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Did a put a booth up at the garage entrance/exit?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Whatchoo talkin' about Willis? I was just there last week, and there was no issue parking. There is a side lot that can be opened with the room key, but I didn't use that, just the ones right in front of reception.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:07 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Pickles
Whatchoo talkin' about Willis? I was just there last week, and there was no issue parking. There is a side lot that can be opened with the room key, but I didn't use that, just the ones right in front of reception.
They are 'charging' for self parking now however its only enforced in the big garage and I would assume during special events.

From my discussions with the front desk:
  • No plans to ever charge globalists
  • the city owns the parking deck and wanted to start charging. If you park in the deck, make sure you get the hang tag so you don't get towed. They won't charge you for a hang tag.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by ryandc99
They are 'charging' for self parking now however its only enforced in the big garage and I would assume during special events.

From my discussions with the front desk:
  • No plans to ever charge globalists
  • the city owns the parking deck and wanted to start charging. If you park in the deck, make sure you get the hang tag so you don't get towed. They won't charge you for a hang tag.
I parked also on the multi-level big garage, which is the convention center parking. That was free also, so maybe the conference I attended wasn't that "big". The hotel parking was at street level, in front of the check-in and main entrance.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Pickles
I parked also on the multi-level big garage, which is the convention center parking. That was free also, so maybe the conference I attended wasn't that "big". The hotel parking was at street level, in front of the check-in and main entrance.
It seems inconsistent. I was there in early December and my FDA told me she would waive parking this one time. I wanted to say "Make that every time I redeem points" but didn't feel like spending the time to educate her.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:11 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JackE
It seems inconsistent. I was there in early December and my FDA told me she would waive parking this one time. I wanted to say "Make that every time I redeem points" but didn't feel like spending the time to educate her.

Extremely inconsistent. No idea how they intend to charge for parking in lots without any form of gate or controls...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.