Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by seawolf
Extremely fast Premium WiFi
Just a little faster than the 147/151 I got at the Marriott Santa Clara down the road. Speedy internet in Silicon Valley
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Just a little faster than the 147/151 I got at the Marriott Santa Clara down the road. Speedy internet in Silicon Valley
It was 1 AM, I was staying here weekly last year and was unable to video chat or stream netflix from 8-10 PM.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by esquesk
It was 1 AM, I was staying here weekly last year and was unable to video chat or stream netflix from 8-10 PM.
I think they fixed those issues as they even advertise their comp speed at 30Mpbs.

Retested at 9PM.

When I retested later in the night, it peaked at 200Mpbs down.

It should also be noted that this hotel is directly under the flight path of SJC so you may hear aircraft noise.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
FYI - Hotel seems to have implemented an artificial 50/50 cap on the premium internet sometime in the last 2 months. I have had 100+ Mbps here in the past, but on my last two stays, the speeds wen to almost exactly 50/50 which does not seem to be a coincidence. Still speedy enough for anything I would want to do, but interesting that they capped it.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:10 pm

Many hundreds of nights here and several posts up-thread. This is just notes on recent changes and a bit on current stay.

Checked in Friday for two nights. Polite, professional check in. Usual notes about Regency Club being without weekend food service; directed to TusCA breakfast instead. Didn't note until prompted that TusCA doesn't offer "usual" breakfast on Easter: it's some grand buffet. Globalist accommodation was $25 for food at the bar area/Starbucks kiosk or $25 off the $40++ buffet. Saturday breakfast in TusCA was a disappointment. No coffee refills. I always get fruit+cereal buffet (I'm strict vegetarian). Fruit and cereal offering reduced from previous visits: no cantaloupe, honeydew, grapefruit served in halves (too much work!). Fruit+cereal is $19. Add tax and 20% of $19 and you are at $24.71, $0.29 under $25 limit. I didn't price full buffet, though it would obviously be well beyond $25.

The hotel did "upgrade" to latest Precor cardio equipment in StayFit. Unfortunately, this generation of equipment is multi-flawed in its software. Two of three machines I tried didn't work or only worked for a couple of minutes. I commend the hotel for upgrading, but this one didn't work out so well, I'm sorry to say.

I did have a "could happen to anyone" problem and decided to check out a day early. This was handled well.

I'll be back again in May. No "bated breath", but no dread either.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Many hundreds of nights here and several posts up-thread. This is just notes on recent changes and a bit on current stay.

Checked in Friday for two nights. Polite, professional check in. Usual notes about Regency Club being without weekend food service; directed to TusCA breakfast instead. Didn't note until prompted that TusCA doesn't offer "usual" breakfast on Easter: it's some grand buffet. Globalist accommodation was $25 for food at the bar area/Starbucks kiosk or $25 off the $40++ buffet. Saturday breakfast in TusCA was a disappointment. No coffee refills. I always get fruit+cereal buffet (I'm strict vegetarian). Fruit and cereal offering reduced from previous visits: no cantaloupe, honeydew, grapefruit served in halves (too much work!). Fruit+cereal is $19. Add tax and 20% of $19 and you are at $24.71, $0.29 under $25 limit. I didn't price full buffet, though it would obviously be well beyond $25.

The hotel did "upgrade" to latest Precor cardio equipment in StayFit. Unfortunately, this generation of equipment is multi-flawed in its software. Two of three machines I tried didn't work or only worked for a couple of minutes. I commend the hotel for upgrading, but this one didn't work out so well, I'm sorry to say.

I did have a "could happen to anyone" problem and decided to check out a day early. This was handled well.

I'll be back again in May. No "bated breath", but no dread either.
Are you saying that on Sunday they only allowed you to either get $25 credit at the Starbucks area (basically continental, no hot options) or $25 off the buffet? If so, they violated the rules (not a big surprise). It's not your problem that they jack up the prices for Easter. As a Globalist you are either entitled to breakfast in the lounge (not possible since it was closed), or FULL breakfast. Continental options at the bar do not fit the bill.

When staying at a participating hotel or resort that has a Club lounge, Globalists will receive access to the Club lounge. When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children.
Now I suppose they could have claimed there was no "standard breakfast buffet" that day, but then they should have offered an entree. Then they probably would have said no entrees that day, because of the Easter buffet. I definitely would have pushed back on them though. Again, not your problem that they changed their buffet for a holiday.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's not your problem that they jack up the prices for Easter.
I ran into this at HR Sacramento, where they were charging $65 for Easter brunch. They couldn't tell me what the Diamond breakfast benefit was. We had other plans, so I didn't make a big deal of it.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:18 pm

Are you saying that on Sunday they only allowed you to either get $25 credit at the Starbucks area (basically continental, no hot options) or $25 off the buffet? If so, they violated the rules (not a big surprise). It's not your problem that they jack up the prices for Easter. As a Globalist you are either entitled to breakfast in the lounge (not possible since it was closed), or FULL breakfast. Continental options at the bar do not fit the bill.

Now I suppose they could have claimed there was no "standard breakfast buffet" that day, but then they should have offered an entree. Then they probably would have said no entrees that day, because of the Easter buffet. I definitely would have pushed back on them though. Again, not your problem that they changed their buffet for a holiday.
I had (past tense) a reservation for Mothers' Day weekend. Same deal. Worse, almost no reservation times left. Moved to Hyatt Place. Shrug.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:48 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I had (past tense) a reservation for Mothers' Day weekend. Same deal. Worse, almost no reservation times left. Moved to Hyatt Place. Shrug.
Are you saying you've confirmed there's no regular breakfast on May 14th ? I'm staying here the night of Saturday, the 13th and was counting on breakfast before leaving early on the 14th. I'm not really interested in moving to another Hyatt, as the HR is less expensive than all the other local properties, except for HP Fremont.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by skj
Are you saying you've confirmed there's no regular breakfast on May 14th ? I'm staying here the night of Saturday, the 13th and was counting on breakfast before leaving early on the 14th. I'm not really interested in moving to another Hyatt, as the HR is less expensive than all the other local properties, except for HP Fremont.
My HP is more expensive, but it has restauraants nearby if I choose not to pay the roughly $25 upcharge for the brunch, when I would (choose to) eat is melon and dry cereal. (I won't have a car, which complicates my situation.)

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Apr 23, 2017 at 9:27 am
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:43 pm

Did anybody contact the property to see if they have the normal breakfast from opening (6:30am) until 9AM or whenever the brunch starts?

-David
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
I was also here on Easter Sunday... when I checked in, I stated I was Globalist and didn't want the buffet...they sat me in the bar area, and said I could order anything off the menu. I ordered the crab Benedict, no problems with service or being charged for it. I have been instructed in the past to just write 'globalist' on the bill and I have never had a problem with being charged for entree or tip.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Under Easter conditions, they might allow room service. Especially if they are at or near capacity.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by retirementdreams
I was also here on Easter Sunday... when I checked in, I stated I was Globalist and didn't want the buffet...they sat me in the bar area, and said I could order anything off the menu. I ordered the crab Benedict, no problems with service or being charged for it. I have been instructed in the past to just write 'globalist' on the bill and I have never had a problem with being charged for entree or tip.
even on non Easter ive purchased redbull or other things from the coffee shop and had them comp it instead of Tusca.

Never had them upgrade me to a globalist suite or even a balcony room. Oh well.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by austin_modern

Never had them upgrade me to a globalist suite or even a balcony room. Oh well.
Many, many, many hundreds of nights, neither have I.

At this moment, TusCA is not advertising Mother's Day brunch. When I was there at Easter, my "negotiations" assumed that there would be brunch. Now???

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Apr 24, 2017 at 11:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.