Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:49 am

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Stayed here this past weekend. I would echo others thoughts on the room. It's a bit too quirky. Specific issues:

The bathroom sink is a mess. It looks as thought they ordered sinks, realized they wouldn't fit on the counter with the mirror in place and turned them sideways. The faucet is centered on the right side of the sink, meaning that it's extremely easy to splash water all over you and the surroundings.

The mirror itself has a wood surround that is already discoloring/aging due to water splashing up from the sink.

The shower pressure wasn't so hot.

Oddly, the window sheers were outside the blackout drapes. Usually the sheers are closest to the window are they not?

The air conditioner had no options to increase fan speed... so room cooling was difficult at times.

A bit too quirky for my taste, but you can't beat the location if you're attending an event at the convention center.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 6:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
I've got a stay coming up in September here that spans a weekend and weekdays. Should I be able to stack the following bonuses:

NCA5K - 5000 points (Northern California 5k bonus)
1W - 1000 points (Diamond Amenity)
G1 - 1000 points (Gold Passport promotion)
DW - 2500 points (Lounge closed on Sunday)

(and whatever I earn for the room)

It looks like I might be able to walk away with 10k points ++

Am I missing something or is this a very, very rich deal?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by jmr50
I've got a stay coming up in September here that spans a weekend and weekdays. Should I be able to stack the following bonuses:

Wow that is a great deal also get an excellent breakfast on weekend too.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 10:04 am

Here are the T&Cs and participating properties:

http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...entId=90021446

Earn 5,000 Bonus Points at Hyatt™ Hotels in Northern California

Enjoy all that Northern California has to offer from wine country, Silicon Valley, downtown San Francisco attractions and nightlife to scenic drives on the Pacific Coast Highway to Monterey and Carmel. Stay at any participating Northern California Hyatt™ hotel and receive 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport™ bonus points, 20% off lunch and dinner in hotel restaurants and 20% off spa services at select spas.

Book a two-night stay now through September 9, 2010, and stay before September 12, 2010, to earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points. Visit hyatt.com and request Offer Code NCA5K.

Participating Hotels
Grand Hyatt San Francisco
Highlands Inn – A Hyatt Hotel
Hyatt at Fisherman’s Wharf
Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Hyatt Regency San Francisco
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel & Spa
Old Aug 8, 2010, 12:01 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Make sure that your reservation is noted for the NCA5K promotion - ask at check-in about G1 (which may or may not be stackable with NCA5K) and DN if the RC is closed.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 9:01 pm

In order to get the 5,000 points, it has to be booked at the NCA5K rate, which I found to be much higher than other available rates. Make sure you aren't paying too much for those bonus points!
Old Aug 14, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
Receiving a Diamond Suite Upgrade

Originally Posted by pdx_fam
I tried to apply a diamond suite upgrade yesterday for a stay here in August, but the diamond line rep. called the hotel and found that none were available.

I had the same upgrade come up.

I was advised to try again the first part of August to see if any became available.

Pehaps they are reserving them for paid upgrades before they give them to diamonds. If they only have eight, they probably don't have much trouble selling them out.
Data point - I called yesterday and was able to get an upgrade for my three night stay next weekend. The FD said the suites were all "contracted" out, but he re-checked and an ADA suite was available, so I claimed it. ^
Old Aug 14, 2010, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime
In the RC, the refrigerator under the counter with the coffee machine has bottled water.
It must have been out when I visited the RC, because I checked that fridge (and everywhere else). Good to know that they normally carry bottled water, though.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 5:17 pm

Yes! You're missing the extra 5K if they run out of your bed type!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum
First stay at this property and first stay in any Hyatt as a Diamond (comped status from SPG Platinum).

The RC room is quite good - good service, nice selection and great coffee machine.

The room itself feels cheap to me - no proper closet so I have to look at my clothing and suite case the whole stay. Very noisy from the hallway. Absolutely NEVER take a connecting room here - can practically see into the adjoining room and it's very noisy, even if your neighbor isn't being loud. I actually asked to be moved to a non adjoining room - it was just too weird to feel that close. Additionally, the airport flight path goes directly over the hotel. Be prepared for early am aircraft noise that lasts into the evening.

Arrived today and the top sheet on the bed has two rips! Called the front desk and told them about it -- don't want anything for it, just want them to know and take care of it.

For about the same money, I MUCH prefer the Fairmont San Jose - great rooms in the 'new' tower and once you make platinum you'll never stay in a room other than an awesome suite. Too bad they don't have a points program. I also like the rooms around the pool at the Sheraton Milpitas better than this Hyatt.

Last edited by cohighcountry1k; Aug 25, 2010 at 8:43 pm Reason: added aiport noise
Old Aug 27, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
No upgrade here . did ask for and receive a room with a balcony ( which seems to be almost as large as the room ). Definately quirky, but the service is good , people all seem happy to do their jobs and after all is sad and done its a hotel room
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Originally Posted by agrater
Yes! You're missing the extra 5K if they run out of your bed type!
I got my bed type. And, earned just short of 15k points total between various bonuses. Incidentally, they honored the NCA5K code on my corporate rate.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum
Arrived at the hotel last night at 7pm - my room still wasn't ready! I am a newly minted Diamond member. Get to the room and they don't have my bed type.

I've been SPG Platinum for many years and cannot remember checking in at 7pm and not having my room ready. I believe they usually block rooms in advance for Platinum guests.

I guess I could imagine if the Hyatt were preparing a special room or upgrade for me, but all I got was a double room - not even a room with a balcony. At least it wasn't adjoining (which I really dislike).

I think this is my last say at this property.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 4:07 pm

I got my bed type. And, earned just short of 15k points total between various bonuses. Incidentally, they honored the NCA5K code on my corporate rate.
Did you book on hyatt.com or through corp travel desk? Hyatt GP Diamond Line refused me the 5k bonus based on the grounds that I did not book on the website (with the code) - fair enough once they'd explained it to me. BUT, if you scored, I may need to reconsider my options
Old Nov 10, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
$67.15++ 2-night 5000gp rate

5000GP good for 2-night stays ($149.15 all-in) starting Sunday night before Thanksgiving running all week long. (use promo code 5000GP when booking)

To maximize points, book Sun-Tuesday for 2500 point closed club bonus (still closed weekends). 1000 point g-bonus also available.

At 1.5 cents per point for diamonds, not too shabby. (the previous does not include extra points for Hyatt credit card use or Big 10k!)

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Nov 10, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.