Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:48 pm

Programs: AK, UA, Swiss,
I was there Friday 1/15 and was at HP Fremont Sat 1/16. I will be doing another run next weekend at same. Interested to try TusCA when it opens. If anyhing like Monterey Regency Tusca, then should be promising.

Last edited by TravLFan; Jan 17, 2010 at 10:53 pm
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Smile

I'm at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara tonight, and the RC is closed. It's open if you want some nuts, cookies, and drinks, they are offering the 2500 bonus points at check in and you can order anything you want off the breakfast menu. Thanks to the front desk manager for upgrading me to a beautiful suite, it's a lot nicer than the suite I had at the Hyatt Regency SFO last night. I'm pretty impressed with the front desk staff the past couple of stays, and the doormen here are great, each time I have visited the hotel they open the door, and welcomes you to the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara... it's a nice touch and adds to the experiance. Outside the few internet problems I have had here I think it's a good property, they have a nice Regency Club, a great hotel gym, and I do like the rooms. When the restaurant renovation is completed I'm sure it will make it even a better place to stay.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:15 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
What rate are you getting next weekend? The $99 weekend rate is only good on a two night stay.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:53 pm

Programs: Mlife Plat,Total Rewards Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents C
the new "TUSCA" restaurant is now open at HR Santa Clara. I ate there last night using a $25 credit from the "winter promo" rate. I thought the food was really good. They try to use locally sourced ingredients. Breakfast was also good.

Decor is very modern typical of the more contemporarily styled Hyatts. The service was very friendly.

Here are pictures of the pork chop i ordered as well as the bread that is served with local olive oil, white bean dip, and roasted garlic. it was delicious!

Bread

Pork Chop
Old Feb 7, 2010, 12:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
currently at santa clara, when check in ask for suite upgrade, but not granted.
receive 1000points for diamond amenity, and 2500 points due to regency club closed during weekend. Also G2 points.
new tusca restaurant is very nice, modern looking restaurant.
price is very reasonable around $10~20 for dinner menu.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 7:09 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Hi,

I'm going to be staying at HR SC this weekend (2/19-22) to visit family. I needed 2 rooms - one king, one double. When I made my reservation, the only double bed available was Regency Club Double. Reading this thread however, it looks like the RC is closed on weekends. It doesn't seem fair to pay a difference for a non-RC vs RC room if the RC is closed. Should I address this issue with the front desk agent at check-in? If yes, do you think asking for the rate difference is reasonable? And/or should I ask for GP points?

ERQ
Old Feb 19, 2010, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by ERQTraveler
Hi,

I'm going to be staying at HR SC this weekend (2/19-22) to visit family. I needed 2 rooms - one king, one double. When I made my reservation, the only double bed available was Regency Club Double. Reading this thread however, it looks like the RC is closed on weekends. It doesn't seem fair to pay a difference for a non-RC vs RC room if the RC is closed. Should I address this issue with the front desk agent at check-in? If yes, do you think asking for the rate difference is reasonable? And/or should I ask for GP points?

ERQ
On their website, I don't see any real difference in the room description for a regular double room and a RC room, other than RC access. It looks like they give you breakfast coupons to the restaurant for RC rooms on the weekend. If you don't want/need that, call the hotel before arrival and see if they can change your room rate to regular double and omit the breakfast coupons.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Is the RC closed every weekend? I have one FFN left that I might not be able to use for anything meaningful until end of March (and I might have missed the extension deadline -- yes, I know, I'll email them). But if I have to use it by end of March, I might as well collect 3500 (1000 diamond amenity and 2500 RC closure) for a night at a local hotel.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 3:33 pm
DH

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Is the RC closed every weekend? I have one FFN left that I might not be able to use for anything meaningful until end of March (and I might have missed the extension deadline -- yes, I know, I'll email them). But if I have to use it by end of March, I might as well collect 3500 (1000 diamond amenity and 2500 RC closure) for a night at a local hotel.
It's open for water, drinks and snack only on weekends and you will get 2500 DN points for club closure.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
You could extend that till June 31 or use it at Fisherman's Wharf HR, and they do not have RC and you could still get 3500 pt with better hotel and location, when checking in ask for 50% discount for parking
Old Mar 13, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by karung99
You could extend that till June 31 or use it at Fisherman's Wharf HR, and they do not have RC and you could still get 3500 pt with better hotel and location, when checking in ask for 50% discount for parking
Except for the fact that you don't get the 2500 bonus when the property does not have a RC. And, I would say it's debatable whether the HR Wharf is a better property. Now, the HR Embarcadero definitely is...
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by karung99
If they grant me an extension, I won't "throw away" the night for 3500 points, but rather stay somewhere I want to actually be (might drive south to Monterey for a weekend). SF Fisherman's Wharf doesn't exactly quality in that regard, even though I love SF. But I didn't know I could get lounge comp points when the hotel doesn't actually have one. I thought it's compensation for a closed club.

Edit: argh. Never bring up a thread, then go for a bike ride, come back two hours later, and reply thinking nothing has changed Thanks, pagotto, for clarifying/confirming my understanding of how the 2500 pts work.

Last edited by notquiteaff; Mar 13, 2010 at 3:55 pm Reason: missed the post from pagotto
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:10 pm

Programs: HH diamond, Hyatt diamond, *wood plat, Delta Diamond 4th yr, SWA A List
Thumbs up Trip Report Santa Clara Hyatt, April 2010

Ample parking, no fee.. good way to start

Check in was smooth, Diamond status recognized; provided upgraded room, free access to wireless internet/access to modern lounge, and amenity card; plus, for the first time ever---the front desk rep gave me his business card with a note (complimentary glass of wine per XXXX) for use in bar or Tusca (renovated hotel restaurant).

I seldom eat dinner in a hotel restaurant but gave it a try because of the free glass of wine. WOW. The service was spectacular and candidly, the short rib bolognese pasta was DELICIOUS. Plus, they provided free of charge 3 mini appetizers and Tusca offers a great selection of low cost tastings (Point Reyes Blue cheese, fresh white anchovies, etc). I give this dish and decor a double thumbs up. Thank you Hyatt for also placing a salt grinder and pepper grinder on the table. The manager stopped to ask how I enjoyed dinner, when passed the front desk XXXX asked how I enjoyed dinner. The genuine caring attitude was clearly evident.

The 14th floor room is modern and outfitted for business travelers.

I look forward to returning to this hotel, thank you for an enjoyable stay.
Old May 29, 2010, 9:39 am

Starting June 1-Aug 31, Hyatt Santa Clara is running A1 bonus code for double airline miles. I'm wondering if it is just double base miles or also the double bonus miles? If it's double base (500) and bonus (2000), potentially, each stay could earn 5000 UA miles.
Old May 29, 2010, 10:10 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Double base only - not bonuses

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.