Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 9:26 pm

never mind, directions were already given and I didn't see them. Bart to Millbrae, then Caltrain to Mtn View, then light rail to Great America. A real adventure.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:05 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by azepine00
With all due respect you've got to be utterly nuts to go to Santa Clara without a car if you fly in and out of SFO.. And it will cost you more than 2500 pts is worth.
Well, my friend has the car. But in this case I was initially planned to arrive much earlier than was possible for him to pick me up at the airport. However the point is now moot as I was able to get a later flight! Problem solved in another way.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by azepine00
With all due respect you've got to be utterly nuts to go to Santa Clara without a car if you fly in and out of SFO.. And it will cost you more than 2500 pts is worth.
Yeah, it's a looooooong walk to SFO from Santa Clara
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
never mind, directions were already given and I didn't see them. Bart to Millbrae, then Caltrain to Mtn View, then light rail to Great America. A real adventure.
You actually did all that? How long did it took you?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by sapguy
You actually did all that? How long did it took you?
I wasn't the one asking for directions. I was posting them, but realized that they were already given in the thread.

google maps says over 2 hours, depending on start time/day. I wouldn't do it unless I had a reason.

-David
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:56 pm

Frankly, I don't see the point of doing it, unless you are:

1. on vacation, and have all kind of time to leisurely explore BART/Caltrain/light rail
2. so strapped for cash that this may be the only way
3. so cheap that this may be the only way

Of course, rental cars are not so cheap these days at SFO and the price of gas in the area is over $4 per gallon
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by sapguy
Frankly, I don't see the point of doing it, unless you are:

I agree, but it turned out the person that asked had a reason. But in the end they took a later flight so it was moot.

-David
Old May 18, 2011, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold
I was curious that if anyone has been upgraded to suite at HR Santa Clara. I have stayed there 20+ times as a Diamond member but never got upgraded.

I couldn't help asking them whether they have suites or not when checking in last week, and was told they only have 6 suites..
Old May 18, 2011, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by camping
I was curious that if anyone has been upgraded to suite at HR Santa Clara. I have stayed there 20+ times as a Diamond member but never got upgraded.

I couldn't help asking them whether they have suites or not when checking in last week, and was told they only have 6 suites..
I got one using a Diamond suite upgrade but have never had a complimentary upgrade.

It's tough to get them since they're usually blocked off for the conventions but it can happen.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I've have been upgraded to a suite a few times. They have few suites and I've only been upgraded when the hotel is low in occupancy. The suites are usually taken by guest who are holding a function at the hotel or convention center they are rarely available for an upgrade for diamonds.

Old May 19, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold
Cool, thanks kenbo, Radiant Flyer for the replies. Yeah that makes sense. It is a little weird for a hotel w/ 500 rooms to have only 6 suites though IMO..

Originally Posted by kenbo
I got one using a Diamond suite upgrade but have never had a complimentary upgrade.

It's tough to get them since they're usually blocked off for the conventions but it can happen.
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
I've have been upgraded to a suite a few times. They have few suites and I've only been upgraded when the hotel is low in occupancy. The suites are usually taken by guest who are holding a function at the hotel or convention center they are rarely available for an upgrade for diamonds.
Old May 19, 2011, 11:29 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Cool, thanks kenbo, Radiant Flyer for the replies. Yeah that makes sense. It is a little weird for a hotel w/ 500 rooms to have only 6 suites though IMO..
Marriott style which tend to focus on building business hotel rather than providing enough suites upgrade for members. Intercontinental, on the other hand, always provides enough suites for the frequent member.
Old May 20, 2011, 6:10 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by HaryoS
Marriott style which tend to focus on building business hotel rather than providing enough suites upgrade for members. Intercontinental, on the other hand, always provides enough suites for the frequent member.
I believe this property was originally built by Doubletree and then run by Westin for a number of years before being acquired by Hyatt a few years ago. It is very much a business hotel as it is part of the Santa Clara Convention Center. Personally, a suite upgrade at a property like this has little or no value as I am almost always by myself and spend a minimal amount of time in the room during my typical 1-3 night stay.
Old May 20, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by skj
I believe this property was originally built by Doubletree and then run by Westin for a number of years before being acquired by Hyatt a few years ago. It is very much a business hotel as it is part of the Santa Clara Convention Center.
No wonder, it has less suites .....
Old May 21, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I was upgraded to a suite two weeks ago even though there was a big wedding going on at the Convention Center. But I'm pretty sure it was bc the time before when I stayed I had a bad experiece with many noisy, drunk neighbors.

Several times there has been no availability when I asked to use a suite ug cert. Sometimes I get an ug to a room with a balcony or a hypoallergenic room.

I will be there tonight if anyone wants to meet up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.