Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 11:01 am

Does anyone have experience with late check outs at this property as globalist?
I'm familiar with the standard 4 pm late check out time, but I'm wondering if there's a chance I can get an even later check out if I have a flight that departs from DXB around midnight.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Originally Posted by agjil
Does anyone have experience with late check outs at this property as globalist?
I'm familiar with the standard 4 pm late check out time, but I'm wondering if there's a chance I can get an even later check out if I have a flight that departs from DXB around midnight.
I got until 7 p.m. tonight.

And let me second all those positive reviews in the thread. If you can live with the dated interior the hotel’s a gem.
Especially if you are partial to colossal Hyatt Regencies built in the seventies and eighties.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper
I got until 7 p.m. tonight.

And let me second all those positive reviews in the thread. If you can live with the dated interior the hotel’s a gem.
Especially if you are partial to colossal Hyatt Regencies built in the seventies and eighties.
Awesome, very happy to hear about the late checkout.
Frankly I'm not a big fan of the design of the hotel (both interior and exterior), but I'm eager to stay there due to the overwhelming amount of positive reviews.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Frankly I'm not a big fan of the design of the hotel (both interior and exterior), but I'm eager to stay there due to the overwhelming amount of positive reviews.
It's worth it, trust me. It's not really that bad at all. I like that windows open because I don't like using the HVAC during covid. The sea views are nice of the cruise ships coming and going and the other merchant boats. It's a very quiet hotel where they put globalists on the upper floors.
Sandy Hopper likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

It's not the most attractive on the outside but has it where it counts on the inside.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 3:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

We’ve got a 3 night stay here, and then on to 4 nights at the GH coming up soon. We are traveling for a special occasion and was hoping to reach out to possibly the Hotel manager, GM or possibly the concierge about a couple requests and to just ask a few questions.

Anyone have suggestions on who to best contact and if you might have possibly a name and email for either the HR or the GH.

Not sure if it can be posted publicly??? If you need to message me feel free.

Thanks!!
Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Grand Hyatt Dubai concierge: [email protected]
tpsmith82 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Here's the WhatsApp contact information posted at the check-in desks at the Hyatt Regency:
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I mentioned in another thread the new road access to this hotel -- the Infinity Bridge, the easternwestern-most crossing of Dubai Creek. It's a skyway that runs along the corniche in Deira and connects all the way to D75 in Bur Dubai, with an off-ramp just north of the Hyatt. It's not even on Google Maps yet.

This road does the trick. I have traveled in both directions the last couple of days and, although there can be a bit of traffic coming into Deira, it's faster than the Shindagha Tunnel (not to mention the trip along the Creek on the Deira side), and much better exiting Deira. There is still more construction on the Bur Dubai side but the road is clear as it's laid out now. I was able to get from the Hyatt to Sheikh Zayed road in around ten minutes, at least until commuters from Sharjah discover this route.

This solves what was for me the main downside of this location.

Last edited by mecabq; Nov 8, 2022 at 10:31 am
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Had a quick one night stay last night. Pretty good for an off peak redemption at 3,500 points. Cash rates were pretty low at about $70, but I wasn't expecting $20 of taxes, so went with points. Was upgraded in advance to a Regency Suite on the 19th floor. I took a cab from DXB around 11pm which cost about 40 AED and took only about 15 mins.

I had breakfast in the club the next morning, after initially going to the restaurant and seeing how busy it was. Pretty decent spread in the lounge and much quieter. Had a pretty good omelette, hummus, veggies, flatbread and all the usual suspects of cold cuts and cheeses.

I didn't realize until the morning that it's very quick and easy to get to and from the airport by metro. I went back to the airport to get my rental car since I didn't want to screw around with that on arrival and pay for the extra day. 4pm checkout was offered proactively, but I only really needed until 1pm.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I wonder if anyone knows what kind of upgrades prices they might offer here for club rooms? I am just a explorist so I would want to upgrade but this hotel is not offering any club rooms for points 😀🤷‍♂️
Old Jan 30, 2023, 6:16 pm

Any recent stays from fellow Globalists?
Old Feb 26, 2023, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Any recent stays from fellow Globalists?
Had an 11 hour overnight layover. Choose to stay here over grand Hyatt because the rate was cheaper.

Upgraded morning in the app to a regency suite king. Room was fine but seemed dated.

Can’t comment on anything else. We got to the hotel at 10:30 pm and left at 6 am. Breakfast is served in the morning from 6:30-8:30 on the restaurant. Then it seems like there is some sort of evening happy hour each night from 6-8. The front desk offered for us to have breakfast to go before we left but we passed.

After staying at the Grand Hyatt twice and Regency once. I prefer the Grand Hyatt better because of the newer feel. It’s also a few minutes closer to the airport. Our Uber driver went the long way to the regency to avoid the toll highway and added 8-10 minutes to the trip.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 5:56 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Have booked a quick one night stay here while in transit through Dubai later this week.

Just wondering on thoughts on the quickest transport options to the Hotel. Flight arrives around 7.00 PM this Friday so thinking the Metro might be the quickest option? Is the nearby metro station easy to walk to the hotel from? Will have a large suitcase with me.
Happy to just take a cab - but after the quickest way and am a bit concerned about traffic on a Friday night.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 1:26 am

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
Originally Posted by chad75
Have booked a quick one night stay here while in transit through Dubai later this week.

Just wondering on thoughts on the quickest transport options to the Hotel. Flight arrives around 7.00 PM this Friday so thinking the Metro might be the quickest option? Is the nearby metro station easy to walk to the hotel from? Will have a large suitcase with me.
Happy to just take a cab - but after the quickest way and am a bit concerned about traffic on a Friday night.
I’d probably use Uber/Careem. Although I prefer the Metro, the Metro is usually way too busy, especially around that time. But, if Uber is expensive, you can’t go wrong with the metro. It’s about a 5 minute walk from the Gold Souq station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.