Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:24 pm

My personal preference is for the HR Dubai Creek Heights. Neither hotel's base category rooms are particularly spacious, but the HR is a much newer hotel so the rooms are fresh, whereas GH is showing its age and currently being renovated. I also found the beds at GH way too soft.

Once the room renovations are done, I would imagine that GH will revert to being my choice again.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stargold
My personal preference is for the HR Dubai Creek Heights. Neither hotel's base category rooms are particularly spacious, but the HR is a much newer hotel so the rooms are fresh, whereas GH is showing its age and currently being renovated. I also found the beds at GH way too soft.

Once the room renovations are done, I would imagine that GH will revert to being my choice again.
The 2 hotels are practically close to each other based on Google Map. However due to the traffic pattern / street design - it may not be as close as the map shown, i.e. it may not have a direct route to go from one to the other, is that the case?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:11 am

Going to/from Sheikh Zayed Road (the one you'll take to the rest of Dubai), there will be minimal difference between the two.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Paet
After talking to some management staff:

Renovation is currently going on. To realize it, they closed one entire Tower (Tower A- the one close to Gharhoud Bridge).
They will reopen it and turn to the other one in the first half of 2017 .
This logic should ensure that guests staying during renovation times are not bothered (too much) by noise, etc.

Sounds logic for me and I am waiting to see first pictures/renderings of the new style!!!
Anyone have any news or updates on the renovations? Is there still a guitarist that performs by the pool?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
I have a stay coming up with my last DSU, but I lost my Diamond Status last year. Anyone has experience, whether other suite perks as lounge access still remain?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:55 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Richey66
I have a stay coming up with my last DSU, but I lost my Diamond Status last year. Anyone has experience, whether other suite perks as lounge access still remain?
If the club access is part of the suite yes, otherwise no.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by peter42
If the club access is part of the suite yes, otherwise no.
When I look at the standard suite on the GH Dubai website I see the following....

Relax in a spacious 88-square-metre room offering Arabian touches and stunning views of Dubai's historic creek and parklands. Luxury amenities include one king bed, marble bathroom with bathtub, shower, bidet and work area with minibar, and complimentary high-speed Internet access. This suite includes Grand Club privileges with access to a private lounge serving Continental breakfast, evening cocktails and canapés.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Any idea when the renovations will be done?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:17 pm
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Does anyone know the evening hours for the lounge when food is offered?

Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2016, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by pWei
Any idea when the renovations will be done?
I was told that the first tower currently under renovation should be done by Feb 2017. Then from Feb to Apr 2017 they will run at full capacity (i.e. one renovated and one un-renovated tower), and April 2017 they will take the other one offline for the rest of the renovation process.

Not sure whether they intend to do any work in the rest of the hotel - as far as I can see, only the rooms were in urgent need of upgrading. It is also such a grand atrium with a lot of greenery and I would imagine it will be very difficult to work on a part of it.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Do they still provide a free airport pickup for suite guests?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Do they still provide a free airport pickup for suite guests?
I'd like to know this as well. I'm flying in on an award J ticket on Emirates booked via JAL miles so I won't get the car service.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
To answer my own question, airport pickup for suite guests is no longer free. 250 in an Audi, 300 in a bigger car.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:28 am

I was there recently. They do not. I bought a temp sim st airport and it came with $80AED Uber credit. I used Uber 1 time and regular cab on the way back ($30 AED)
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Used Hyatt anniversary night certs for 2 nights and points for other 2 nights.
Was upgraded to Ambassador Suite at check in. After two nights, we were moved to the Emirati Suite.

At the Check-in, the front desk employee asked us if he can use one of my DSU to move us to a suite and I said why not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.