Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, VS Gold Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold,
What are the standard room like.
Any basic upgrades for Diamonds. Also anything special. Would you suggest this location or the PH

We are here only 2 nights and get in late the first. There is only so much to see in Dubai and I figure I can always stop back on my way to the Maldives or my wife going to Delhi.

Also look into using Emirates- Business class and higher will give you free transfers.

Also its funny to hear people complain about taxi prices come to NYC and see what you spend.

Last edited by Droch; Dec 27, 2014 at 6:33 pm
Old Dec 28, 2014, 3:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Droch
What are the standard room like.
Any basic upgrades for Diamonds. Also anything special. Would you suggest this location or the PH

We are here only 2 nights and get in late the first. There is only so much to see in Dubai and I figure I can always stop back on my way to the Maldives or my wife going to Delhi.

Also look into using Emirates- Business class and higher will give you free transfers.

Also its funny to hear people complain about taxi prices come to NYC and see what you spend.
If you want to take a closer look at state of the art hotel design of the late 1990's, book the Grand. If you are looking for something more upscale and modern, simply stay at the newer 5* star hotels.

Diamond Status will get you a club room, maybe one of the better club rooms (view and/or room size), chance to get a suite for free are almost zero.

At the Park, you have a higher chance to get a suite for free (still relatively low, though) but using a suite upgrade voucher is highly recommended at the Park, their smallest suite is already huge.

The Park is more like a resort and the rooms have balconies, if you care about sitting outside. It is the better hotel, but not comparable to the really high-end Park Hyatt locations around the world. Breakfast at the Park is one of the best system-wide.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:45 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
experience with valet parking?

Only one comment in the thread about parking, from four years ago...

anyone had any recent experience with valet parking, specifically how long it takes to get the car back/how good they are at getting the car ready at a specified time?

ANSWER: with 10 minutes notice, they were 3 for 3 in having the car waiting for us out front.

Staying in a couple of weeks, with one night beforehand at the new HP just to report back

Also, anyone know the times for breakfast in the lounge?

ANSWER: officially from 06:30, and the fouls madams don't come out until then, but all the cold items were out by 06:15

Last edited by Stewie Mac; Nov 24, 2015 at 1:59 am Reason: answering my qs, post stay
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Staying here from 17-20 February, using DSU, will report back the experience.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:19 am

I was very happy with my stay at GH at the end of 2014.

Lounge excellent (particularly the lounge staff), generous evening cocktail hour, room very decently sized on the Creekside (though the other side feels much smaller), and very nice outdoor pool.

Yes, it's a somewhat dated look but it has been cared for very well. Not every hotel needs to be an exercise in showcasing the latest interior design - this one did the job more than well, being a large, comfortable room with excellent service in a decent location. It was most certainly worth the P&C cost.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Richey66
Staying here from 17-20 February, using DSU, will report back the experience.
report please! I am planning a trip between abu dhabi and dubai several months down the road and evaluating all of the options and costs (and best diamond upgrade potential). thx
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Was satisfied with my stay in general, with some caveats.

Liked the hard product, suite, lounge with pretty good evening spread, pool, (very children-friendly with few slides installed) and lush grounds.
Suite was a bit dated though, no terrace neither, but ok.

I was not that happy with the service.
Although informed the hotel about 3pm arrival time, suite was not ready by arrival, was given a classic room for three hours until suite got ready. Inquired about other suites being available, manager only wanted to upsell Emiri Suite to me (400 AED++ night)
At least got 8pm checkout out of this inconvenience. Also on last night the internet was broken few hours and they were unable to fx it, but left the same night.

If there is a party on the grounds, rooms facing the Creekside are pretty noisy.
And Sandstorm broke one palmtree on the grounds, made me kinda nervous, seems the health of the trees is not much of a priority there.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:24 pm

I had a 3-night stay last month, booked with points. At check-in, I was informed that I was chosen as the "Member of the Day," and as such, was being upgraded to an executive room. It goes without saying that I was quite happy considering I did not have any status with Hyatt. The room was pretty nice, as was the lounge. The hotel itself is huge and has a number of decent restaurants, including Wok. The location isn't great -- it is about a 10-minute walk to the nearest metro station -- but taxis are readily available and relatively cheap. There also isn't much in the surrounding area.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Had a 3 night C+P stay over Easter, upgraded with a DSU. At checkin, we were upgraded to the 176 sqm Prince Suite ^

Club was full for breakfast 2 of the 3 days, so they allowed us to eat at the restaurant downstairs.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:03 pm

How is this hotel with late check-out?
By the time I stay, I'll probably have no status (maybe Platinum at most) and will be staying using points. If I can check out in the afternoon, that would be great.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
How is this hotel with late check-out?
By the time I stay, I'll probably have no status (maybe Platinum at most) and will be staying using points. If I can check out in the afternoon, that would be great.
They are very very flexible. An 8 p.m. check out time should not be a problem, 10 p.m. is not unheard of for Diamonds as well.

But without any status, I would not expect too much (maybe an offer with a slightly lower fee for a late check out)

But you can always use the spa, the pool etc., so spending some hours there is not really a problem.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:01 am

Thinking to book this hotel around New Year and noticed they have a mandatory charge of AED1100 for 12/31. Emailed the hotel to see if they can waive it, got a "no", seems absurd. Most of the other Hyatt in Dubai don't have award availability, hope things open up later...

Please note for all bookings including New Year's Eve 2015: Compulsory charge of AED1100 per adult and AED550 per child (6-12 years) applies on 31 December 2015. This charge includes a New Year’s Eve gala dinner and access to the festivities at the Grand Lobby Countdown Party.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:48 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by geewhy
Thinking to book this hotel around New Year and noticed they have a mandatory charge of AED1100 for 12/31. Emailed the hotel to see if they can waive it, got a "no", seems absurd. Most of the other Hyatt in Dubai don't have award availability, hope things open up later...

Please note for all bookings including New Year's Eve 2015: Compulsory charge of AED1100 per adult and AED550 per child (6-12 years) applies on 31 December 2015. This charge includes a New Year’s Eve gala dinner and access to the festivities at the Grand Lobby Countdown Party.
This is a very common and annoying unfair trick at many properties (not only the Hyatt ones) in destinations which are sought after for new years celebrations. They add a compulsory/mandatory (sometimes overpriced) dinner and prices for overnight stays soar.

My recommendation is not to book such a compulsory package and search for another hotel. Normally it's not worth the approx. 281 euro surcharge per person.

Many moons ago I have made a similar mistake with a Christmas event (some days before 12/24) at a Hilton property in Germany as a combination of theatre tickets, a full rack rate and an overprice menu.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gum
This is a very common and annoying unfair trick at many properties (not only the Hyatt ones) in destinations which are sought after for new years celebrations
Very common and annoying indeed, but the fee charged at the Grand Dubai is really high, actually enough for an 8 course dinner at a Michelin 3 star place in downturn Paris.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by geewhy

Definitely go somewhere else if possible. I hate mandatory anythings from hotels. GH Seoul did something stupid like that with a firework package last New Year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.