Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 4:40 am
pdb

No more free minibar for suites

Apparently that stopped last year.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 4:55 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Originally Posted by pdb
Apparently that stopped last year.
I was there in March stayed in an Emiri Suite and the Minibar was included. Also, it states on Website that it is complimentary.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by roadwarrior365
I was there in March stayed in an Emiri Suite and the Minibar was included. Also, it states on Website that it is complimentary.
Is the Emiri suite the standard upgrade for Diamond upgrade certificates?

Taking nothing away from your positive experience, I think the wording on the website indicates the minibar is not complimentary:

Luxury amenities include one king bed, marble bathroom with bathtub, shower, bidet and work area with complimentary high-speed Internet access, and minibar.

It's all in the use of the apostrophe. The presence of the comma after "access" inserts a break in the text. If there was no comma, it wouldn't be ambiguous.

Last edited by danger; Nov 12, 2013 at 3:52 am
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:44 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by danger
It's all in the use of the apostrophe. The presence of the apostrophe after "access" inserts a break in the text. If there was no apostrophe, it wouldn't be ambiguous.
Comma, not apostrophe (small detail but may confuse some)
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by price123
Comma, not apostrophe (small detail but may confuse some)
Thank you for that. A not insignificant point. I've edited my original post.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
I have just finished a 3 night stay at this property.

My views.

It's a huge hotel, impressive lobby and some of the friendliest staff I have come across. I could not fault them at all truly top notch. A massive well done.

The suite was a grand suite and although large I did not click with it. Nice furnishings but getting old now in places. The mini bar is not included. This suite is the suite you are entitled to if upgrading as apposed to the emir suite which I think is a lot nicer.

The food I found to be good value and good quality.

The grand club was great and a good selection of beverages and food. Again the staff were very helpful.

The location is not ideal although that depends on what and where you want to go.

Not sure what to make of dubai.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by dewby

Not sure what to make of dubai.
Dubai has Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)... Each part of the city/emirate has a different personality!
Old Dec 6, 2013, 3:33 am
ym1

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
Transfer

Hi,

As I read here the hotel provide complimentary transfer from the airport for Diamonds and as well for Suite booking (using upgrade). I contact the hotel and they replay: "Kindly be informed that we do not provide complimentary airport transfer any more."

Any one had same experience lately ?
If this is the case how are the taxis from the airport to the hotel as it's 10% from the 250 they ask for?
Old Dec 6, 2013, 3:58 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by ym1
Hi,

As I read here the hotel provide complimentary transfer from the airport for Diamonds and as well for Suite booking (using upgrade). I contact the hotel and they replay: "Kindly be informed that we do not provide complimentary airport transfer any more."

If this is the case how are the taxis from the airport to the hotel as it's 10% from the 250 they ask for?
Yes to same experience - stopped a little while ago. Taxis in Dubai are plentiful and cheap - from the airport the starting charge is 25AED, I paid 40 to the GH a couple of months ago
Old Dec 7, 2013, 6:05 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond; SPG: Gold; UA Platinum; BA Silver; EK Silver
Originally Posted by ym1
Hi,

They stopped the free limo transfer for Diamonds about six months ago (PH Dubai has also stopped it). Yesterday when I went to the Front Desk to book a hotel car to the airport and then complained at the cost (AED 250 versus AED 50 from PH to airport), the Receptinist suggested I use the travel company which has a desk near the elevators. They do transfers in a Lexus for AED 100.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
Thinking about staying here. Anybody been lately?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 10:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It was a staggering 35 degrees Celsius (close to 100 degrees in what we Aussies call 'the old money') at 1.30am when I landed in Dubai and so it was with significant disappointment that I learnt on arrival that the main swimming pool was out of order for refurbishments. July is the hottest month of the year in Dubai but this year it's also Ramadan and apparently that means low season, hence the reason for upgrading at this time. The kids' pool is still open but it's small, has limited depth and of course it's where the kids go so not particularly peaceful. I was offered a complimentary transfer to the Park Hyatt to use their pool and while I was there I overheard a couple who were also visiting from the Grand.

My four night stay (or 3.5 considering the time I arrived) was in a grand suite courtesy a suite upgrade and I found it very nice. It's very spacious and well-appointed. At check-in I was given the 1W without discussion but found a bottle of red in the room also, along with a fresh fruit platter (replenished daily) that is part of the suite offering. The check-in agent also proactively offered the 4pm Diamond check-out, a benefit I can count on one hand having been openly offered at other properties since it was introduced. I declined and said 12pm would be fine but on the day prior to leaving remembered my flight was later than I thought. I spoke with reception about a 2pm check-out and the gentleman reminded me that I was entitled to 4pm if I wanted it. Very nice.

In addition to the pool closure Ramadan also had other minor impacts on the hotel. Some food outlets were closed or had reduced hours and alcohol was only served in the Club lounge for the second of the two hour evening drinks and canapés. Breakfast was also only available in the main restaurant, the Market Café. Partitions also block food outlets, including in the lounge.

The lounge is very nice with good views. It's a good spread but I didn't find it extensive; probably about right for canapés rather than a full-on dinner which, to my discredit, I've made a habit of using lounges for. Staff in the lounge were a little to 'in your face'. All very polite and friendly, of course, but they seemed to be at your table offering you a drink or clearing plates very frequently.

Breakfast at the Market Café was extensive with several mini buffets spread throughout, including Asian and Middle Eastern stations. There were cooked-to-order eggs as well as omelettes and waffles (although no icing sugar or fresh cream). There's also an extensive antipasto station with a number of cold cuts and cheeses. Juices and hot drinks are offered as you're seated and topped up regularly. One thing I did find particularly interesting was the size of the plates. They were medium or what we'd call side or bread and butter plates. Perhaps that's a local thing.

On my first morning I walked out of the hotel and asked for a taxi to Dubai Mall. The porter motioned me to a white unmarked Lexus and I duly got in. On arrival at the mall the driver asked for AED40 (about USD12) for what is a five or six minute journey. On leaving the mall the commissionaire also tried to put me in a white Lexus, despite there many a long line of taxis. I promptly declined and took a metered taxi where the fare was just AED18.

The staff were all very welcoming and couldn't help but bend over backwards to assist. I would happily return.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Some 'interesting' pricing going on. Each night of a 3 night stay is 750 AED++ on daily rate or 600++ on the My Elite Rate. However, if choosing the 3 nights back to back, the rate jumps to 900++/night, presumably so that their offer of 3-for-2 isn't too cheap (although it still works out at more than 600).

I am used to special offers (e.g. double points) costing more than the normal rate. But when the 3-for-2 offer is more like 15% off and costs more than the MyEliteRate, that seems like false advertising to me. In addition, most people wanting a 3-night stay wouldn't think to check the price of each night individually.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:10 pm

What hours is the Grand Club open?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
When was the hotel last renovated? The rooms look dated based on the hotel's pictures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.