Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Just arrived at the hotel, and I'll try to do a proper review after we check out but thought I would post a couple of photos for you of the gym and "lap" pool.

I checked out the gym today and it is quite extensive. Many free weights available, along with, numerous machines, cardio equipment, kettle balls and much more. My wife forgot her gym shoes and they even had a pair of loaner shoes she could use that fit. Wonderful staff took us around and showed us the whole layout. I imagine this is a great gym, although I'll be honest, I don't get into the gyms at most hotels. Took a few pics, but it really is much more extensive than just the pictures I'm showing.

The pool picture is an indoor pool they have that I'm sure would be quite sufficient to do lap swimming
Is the Grand Club still closed?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Aventine
Is the Grand Club still closed?
Still closed. The executive lounge is open from 11 to 6 pm with basic amenities such as coffee, espresso, tea, cookies and peanuts. Everything else is in the main buffet to restaurant for breakfast and dinner.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Just arrived at the hotel, and I'll try to do a proper review after we check out but thought I would post a couple of photos for you of the gym and "lap" pool.
Thanks, much appreciated!
Old May 20, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Finished up a 2-night stay here earlier this month, and it was my first Grand Hyatt. The 10-minute, 1 km walk from the metro station was not too bad. I did not know there was a convention center connected to the hotel and didn’t go into that portion of it.

I’m glad I was upgraded to a larger room despite being only a Discoverist. My room looked towards the north/northeast (towards the airport and the metro line) and was recently refurbished, modern, and clean. There was some construction work going on at the hotel down below outside (hotel from other pictures looks like it has a lot of outdoor relaxation areas?), not sure what, but no matter. I was not expecting the big walk-in closet. The bed was comfy, and loved the long curvy couch and all the bottled water that was provided. Oh, and my bathroom did not feature the fabric chair as shown in one of the previous posts.

Breakfast was good though the layout was very confusing since everything was spread out so much over multiple tables. “Excuse me, where did you get ____?” I wanted to also get a drink at the bar but did not get the chance to. Service at the restaurant, concierge, and lobby were all competent and professional. Very business-oriented.

One thing that I can’t help but remark at is the lobby. It’s gaudy, it’s overstyled, and it’s outdated and stuck in the 90s with its styling and especially with its light wood tones. The back of the lobby area near where the restaurants are and right below the four canoe-like structures feels like a shopping mall and out of character with the accommodations. But then again, you only spend so much time in the lobby and you are usually just walking through to get food.

Overall, a good showing. I’m not sure if the hotel plays award availability games, however, since on the days I was there (and on the two days before that, since that was when I was originally planning on staying there), it showed no award availability. Nonetheless, the price I paid was reasonable.
Old May 20, 2022, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldeneyeuro
Finished up a 2-night stay here earlier this month, and it was my first Grand Hyatt. The 10-minute, 1 km walk from the metro station was not too bad. I did not know there was a convention center connected to the hotel and didn’t go into that portion of it.

I’m glad I was upgraded to a larger room despite being only a Discoverist. My room looked towards the north/northeast (towards the airport and the metro line) and was recently refurbished, modern, and clean. There was some construction work going on at the hotel down below outside (hotel from other pictures looks like it has a lot of outdoor relaxation areas?), not sure what, but no matter. I was not expecting the big walk-in closet. The bed was comfy, and loved the long curvy couch and all the bottled water that was provided. Oh, and my bathroom did not feature the fabric chair as shown in one of the previous posts.

Breakfast was good though the layout was very confusing since everything was spread out so much over multiple tables. “Excuse me, where did you get ____?” I wanted to also get a drink at the bar but did not get the chance to. Service at the restaurant, concierge, and lobby were all competent and professional. Very business-oriented.

One thing that I can’t help but remark at is the lobby. It’s gaudy, it’s overstyled, and it’s outdated and stuck in the 90s with its styling and especially with its light wood tones. The back of the lobby area near where the restaurants are and right below the four canoe-like structures feels like a shopping mall and out of character with the accommodations. But then again, you only spend so much time in the lobby and you are usually just walking through to get food.

Overall, a good showing. I’m not sure if the hotel plays award availability games, however, since on the days I was there (and on the two days before that, since that was when I was originally planning on staying there), it showed no award availability. Nonetheless, the price I paid was reasonable.
The lobby is a classic GH style and almost 20 years old. It might even be understated compared to the Atlantis or Burj lobbies.

Last edited by Aventine; May 20, 2022 at 8:43 am
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
One night stay here and the hotel seems very busy. Upgraded to an Emiri Suite. It’s nice to have the buffet dinner instead of the club. I don’t remember the evening offerings being spectacular pre Covid. The buffet is extensive but the food quality and taste can’t be compared to hotel buffets in HK or Singapore for example. However I believe those are close to $100 per person.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:42 pm

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
I was there 4 months ago, I will take that Buffet Dinner over Lounge any day. The Lounge is open Just Coffee and Cookies. This is a very popular hotel in Dubai with excellent location.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 10:58 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Recently stayed here - pretty bad timing on my part with it being the easter school holidays. I've never been in a hotel so crowded, I'm sure it would be a much nicer experience in a less hectic time period.
Dinner Buffett is still offered instead of evening service at the Club.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 4:37 pm

Stayed here for 5 nights back in January in the standard room with skyline view. The view was great. It was a bit crowded and the convention center was in full use during my stay. This resulted in some minor inconveniences. Besides that, there were no big negative points for me. Breakfast was decent with a lot of different things to choose from. Metro station is not too far away, 5 min walk. Room was clean and was pretty spacious for a standard room. It also had chromecast, which i found useful. The service was decent and the facilities like the gym and pools are in good shape. All in all it was a great stay and i would go back again. Here are 2 pics of the view.

olouie and sw1x like this.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Getting from DXB to the Grand Hyatt

Hey all,

What are the options for getting from the Dubai Airport (terminal 3) to the Grand Hyatt. A colleague said to walk—it looks far. Are there public transport options, for example? I am flying on United, so should arrive in the evening after 7:30 pm.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 12:19 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Hey all,

What are the options for getting from the Dubai Airport (terminal 3) to the Grand Hyatt. A colleague said to walk—it looks far. Are there public transport options, for example? I am flying on United, so should arrive in the evening after 7:30 pm.
Walk? Oof, your colleague's bearings are way off - the Grand is across the Creek from the airport and down a major highway. Although you could technically take the metro from T3 to Healthcare City, it involves a change from the Red Line that T3 is on at BurJuman station to the Green Line, then it's a ~10 minute walk to the Grand. Your best bet is one of the many taxis from the T3 taxi rank, or Uber/Careem from the designated pickup zones inside the T3 parking building [clearly marked by signs in arrivals].

khabah
Old Oct 22, 2023, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by khabah
Walk? Oof, your colleague's bearings are way off - the Grand is across the Creek from the airport and down a major highway. Although you could technically take the metro from T3 to Healthcare City, it involves a change from the Red Line that T3 is on at BurJuman station to the Green Line, then it's a ~10 minute walk to the Grand. Your best bet is one of the many taxis from the T3 taxi rank, or Uber/Careem from the designated pickup zones inside the T3 parking building [clearly marked by signs in arrivals].

khabah
Thanks for this information.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by khabah

khabah
Hello again khabah,

Well, I just got an earful from my colleague who told me that it “involves walking” doesn’t mean that you get to walk from the airport to the hotel!

Thanks again!
Old Oct 22, 2023, 4:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Way too far and difficult to walk. Especially in the heat. Take a cheap and quick taxi. I use Careem to book the cheapest taxi fare in the city.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I arrived at Dubai Airport this evening on the Inited flight from EWR. United uses terminal 3.

I ended up using Uber. The process of getting from the terminal to the hotel was a breeze. Clearing immigrant and customs took no time. I had no checked luggage. Once you emerge into terminal 3, you’ll see a Starbucks. I stopped and got a coffee. The terminal has free WiFi, which was good as AT&T couldn’t connect.

The Uber app worked fine. I ordered an Uber from the “pickup point” to the Grand Hyatt. I was given a six digit PIN. I took a screen shot and followed signs to the “pickup point.”

It’s really a matter of following the signs for taxis, but crossing the street at the crosswalks into a parking garage. There are lots of signs pointing you to Uber on the left. On the right, there’s a cordoned off sidewalk, where you line up, show your PIN to a waiting attendant and you’re directed to the next available Uber. I was in a car about a minute after arriving into the garage. Taking a screenshot is advisable as the free WiFi doesn’t extend to the garage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.