Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine (Vineyard Creek) , Santa Rosa, CA - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine (Vineyard Creek) , Santa Rosa, CA - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:56 pm

@59Impala, thanks for the quick reply. I had searched by category on the Hyatt site, checked the hotel site, and the fact sheet, all of which failed to state it. But now I find it on "world of Hyatt" and it is listed as Category 3, still 12,000 points/night.

I've not made it up there this year, but I usually get there at least one each year, and stay at this property. I was thinking it would be more points after the renovation and renaming.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Stayed here over Christmas with family. This was the only hotel I've ever stayed over a holiday that didn't do anything special; no stocking, plate of cookies, etc. It was very strange.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Stayed here over Christmas with family. This was the only hotel I've ever stayed over a holiday that didn't do anything special; no stocking, plate of cookies, etc. It was very strange.
I agree. We spent December 25th there. They had a very nice Christmas tree, but not much else. Even the restaurant- which was open that day - and for which I made a reservation over a month in advance had no record of us. They then had a limited menu and we we were made to feel as though we were an annoyance, expecting a full menu. Had to sit in the bar for awhile while they sorted out the problem. NOT happy. They did finally, with some pressure, offer us a reasonable regular menu. Certainly not the best way to spend Christmas.

At that time the property was undergoing a major renovation and certainly many areas left a lot to be desired - the pool and hot tub were in poor shape. We visited again in early June and the pool had been fixed. But the restaurant was closed and there was major construction in front of the hotel. I suspect it's is going to be at least another year or more before we see a property worthy of a Hyatt Regency flag.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:04 am

What do hotels "usually" do at Christmas? I do see trees pretty often. But, of the past 30+ Christmases (all spent in hotels), I can't remember much else. Maybe red hats and a decoration at the front desk... For hotels owned by Muslims (..and Hindus, among other faiths), I can understand the "downplay" even in predominantly-Christian countries. But that's just a side note, not a diversion to religion. I am really just curious about what mid-sized, mid-priced hotels do.

For the hotel where I stayed in 2015 (not a Hyatt), I made a dinner reservation through OpenTable, but the restaurant was closed, like every other one in town. Bummer. I do know that many restaurants - including in hotels - have special Christmas dinners.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Great Treatment for a Globalist

This hotel has been undergoing a complete renovation as well as an expansion. The expansion is tentatively planned to be open in May/June. The outside structure appears to be complete and it looks like the only work being done now are the interiors. Thus there shouldn't be any construction noise.

The hotel is in an excellent location, just off US101. We never heard any noise from the highway or from other rooms. As we had two children with us, we were upgraded to a patio suite with 2 queen beds. This suite had a large living room and bathroom and a huge private patio. It's less than a minute walk to the pool and hot tube. The suite had very nice furnishings and soft gray tones. All of the rooms in the existing hotel have been remodeled and are very attractive. Internet is free and high speed.

The service was outstanding. The front desk staff were very welcoming and efficient. The on-site restaurant has been closed during the expansion, but breakfast is served in what was a meeting room in the existing building. The breakfast consisted of a typical buffet with scrambled egg, bacon, sausage, hot cereal, pastries, and fruit. In addition they offer a menu with such items as made-to-order omelets, pancakes, and several other items I can't recall. My omelet was very tasty. Globalists can choose the buffet or order off the menu. The hostess at breakfast was very energetic and made everyone feel welcome.

I highly recommend this hotel, without any hesitation. We are looking forward to another stay in the future. As a Lifetime Globalist I was treated extremely well here.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:06 am

I was under the impressions that the renovation was done or nearly so. I thought that the restaurant was open. I was wrong on both counts. Breakfast is fine for me, but it is a card-table affair, buffet style, in a conference room. Maybe a half cut above a Hyatt Place. The rest of the hotel is nice, but large swaths are inaccessible. I am working long days, so I can't comment on construction noise/disruption. The hotel is under protest by a group called Unite Here. I was unaware before my arrival.

Since this is an award stay, I have been trying to get the parking charge waived. Just $10/day, but... The bigger deal was Friday night. Big social event, no parking. Valet was gridlock for almost an hour, until I gave up. Today I am taking off work at 5:30PM and hoping. I should have asked this morning, so it was my "bad" there.

The hotel is quite dog-friendly, a "good" or "not so..." depending on how you feel about table-scrap-seekers at breakfast and surprise wet noses when you're lifting weights in the gym. I'm a big dog-lover, so very tolerant/forgiving.

Ultimately, I had a nice stay. Hotel staff - front desk, room attendants, custodians, maintenance people - were all fine. My room, despite facing the street, was quiet, and the windows opened wide. The StayFit was good, though the ventilation system was noisy. Location is tourist central, but it's easy to flee, with two highways right there, and good bus service six days a week.

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Apr 23, 2018 at 9:13 am
Old May 16, 2018, 11:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I was under the impressions that the renovation was done or nearly so. I thought that the restaurant was open. I was wrong on both counts. Breakfast is fine for me, but it is a card-table affair, buffet style, in a conference room. Maybe a half cut above a Hyatt Place. The rest of the hotel is nice, but large swaths are inaccessible. I am working long days, so I can't comment on construction noise/disruption. The hotel is under protest by a group called Unite Here. I was unaware before my arrival.

Since this is an award stay, I have been trying to get the parking charge waived. Just $10/day, but... The bigger deal was Friday night. Big social event, no parking. Valet was gridlock for almost an hour, until I gave up. Today I am taking off work at 5:30PM and hoping. I should have asked this morning, so it was my "bad" there.
I need to be in Santa Rosa for work five nights in July and this place is nearly $100/night cheaper than the Courtyard next door. So booked despite my misgivings . . . .
Old May 17, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I need to be in Santa Rosa for work five nights in July and this place is nearly $100/night cheaper than the Courtyard next door. So booked despite my misgivings . . . .
I hope your stay is a good one. There are lots of good things about staying here that I didn't make much mention of, like location. Perhaps they have moved past the "breakfast on card table era". Ultimately, I hope you come away with mostly/only small concerns, like I did.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold, WOH Globalist
Just finished a two night stay using points and a free cert. Originally booked a king room with courtyard view, and at check in, we were upgraded to a Resort Suite. The room was recently renovated, about 700 sf, and had a separate living area.

The adjacent building with additional rooms and a restaurant is still under construction, and according to the FD, they hope to open in the fall. Breakfast dining is temporarily located in a small meeting room and buffet vouchers were given to us for each day as a Globalist benefit.

The FD told me that all room renovations were finished in the original building, however, some of the exterior windows and doors of the ground floor units were undergoing replacement during our stay. We were disappointed the spa by the pool was closed for repair, but we enjoyed relaxing by the pool. We also had a good time biking on the paved trail behind the hotel.

Overall, a nice stay and we hope to return when construction is finished.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:49 pm

HR Sonoma Wine Country (Santa Rose)

Didn't find anything here about this property, has anybody stayed here?

Mostly bad/middling reviews on TA, every one got an apologetic canned reply from the GM.

Best I can tell is the property seems to be in the middle of a renovation, restaurant may be closed and the web site isn't forthcoming with any of that info that people seem to be reporting in very recent reviews on TA.

The fact sheet doesn't mention a Regency Club either.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jun 26, 2018 at 7:54 pm
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...er-thread.html

Not a fan, especially not at the inflated prices they tend to charge during the summer.

Not a Regency.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:08 pm

No, there isn't a Regency Club or, at present, a restaurant for breakfast.

Link Here
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:12 pm

Thanks for the replies,

Really odd that searching for "Santa Rosa" in quotes/titles only does not show the other thread for some reason.

Will ask the mods to address the two threads.

Also heard back from the hyatt concierge ...

They do not have a Regency Club, and they are currently undergoing renovations. They are making an additional stand-alone tower which has closed part of the parking lot. They do not expect it to impact the main hotel or your stay in a large way, though.
From what I've read, the exterior construction is done on the new building, they are working on the interior now.

The restaurant is not currently open, but they are working to have it open in early fall. They don't have an exact finish date yet ...
-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jun 29, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:19 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently at the hotel, having completed the first night of a two night stay. I was upgraded to a larger non-suite room. It might be called a 'suite" but it isn't as there aren't two separate rooms. There is still renovation going on elsewhere in the hotel but I have heard no noise -- however, it is a weekend stay.

Pretty much everything about this hotel is adequate. Nothing is outstanding. It's a cookie-cutter renovation -- they did the minimum required to refresh the room, but nothing more. I particularly dislike them following the trend of installing dirt-colored carpet in order to reduce the need for housekeeping to vacuum regularly Water pressure in the bathroom is marginal. The bed is comfortable.

The restaurant is still closed due to the renovation so they are serving breakfast in a conference room. They are also giving globalists the option of breakfast by room service. That seems like a nice option while it lasts, I may try it tomorrow For those who don't get breakfast included, they do have self-service pastry and fruit at the bar, apparently for free. I'd stay here again if I needed to be in the immediate vicinity (as I have to be on this trip) but that's about it.

If this hotel is representative of what future US Hyatt Regencies will look like, I'd say it's rather similar to a Hilton Garden Inn with room service. That's too bad, I had expected a bit more.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:12 pm

Okay, I see they've changed the name to "Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country."

I always felt there was a big disconnect calling this place a "resort and spa." But the disconnect continues . . . now they say "Savor the romance and charm of a Tuscan villa set in the heart of Santa Rosa, Calif., at Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country."

"Hyatt Santa Rosa" would be a whole lot more accurate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.